Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of ignorance on this thread ... we literally don’t have the ability to field a team

It is what it is

How do you know we don't have the ability to field a team 11 days from now? (Alamo Bowl 12/29.)

Even applying the ridiculous 14 day quarantine which has no basis in science generally let alone when you are testing everyone daily and quarantining at first positive test or sign of symptoms- how are we giving up now for a bowl 11 days away?

But the real issue is Jimmy and Jen should have been pushing back in the media against King County and the conference months ago. Never happened. Not a peep was heard. Again- should have pushed back regarding rescheduling the championship game or calling it something other than a championship game. Not a peep was heard.

We just gladly submit to the boot as it stomps on our program.
    How can I say what I say? Because I have connections on the matter that you don’t have. And yeah ... I’m going there on this one.

You could argue that the timelines and whatnot could or should be adjusted but that’s not happening on the West Coast.

So even IF we would have been able to get enough bodies cleared there wouldn’t have been time to get back to normal with how long everything has been shit down.

Considering that the timelines for the bowls would have been tight at best the best course of action was to pack it up. Worst thing would be to cancel the bowl game or show up with such a skeleton squad that the game would be a joke.

The decision wasn’t because the team didn’t want to play, or because of upper campus or anything like that. It’s because we are in a pandemic and shit happens.

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen?
    Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
    Well as long as they didn't *want* it to happen...

I don't for a minute believe they did everything possible to prevent it from happening. And that's the problem.
    And what more would you have wanted them to do?

Unless you think they are lying about having ZERO OL available (and they aren’t) ... what would you have liked for them to have done?

It’s highly ignorant to think that there hadn’t been significant work done to be able to play as it was. I doubt anybody that is bitching knows anything about the work behind the scenes.
    Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Show some damn fire and passion and pride at some level.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win.
    I’m glad you know what was or wasn’t done behind the scenes

Did you miss that they had ZERO OL available? Do you think magically those OL are available on Sunday but not tonight? And if that was the case why would we have passed on a bowl because we couldn’t field a competitive team by then?

I’m sure the solution is to ask DL pull double duty on both sides including at a position they have literally no skill set in doing. I’m sure that’s not a giant risk for all involved.

From my understanding the reasons we aren’t playing has nothing to do with a lack of fire and passion.

Seriously FUCK OFF with your logic ... it’s beyond fucking stupid. You’re normally way better than grasping at straws
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of ignorance on this thread ... we literally don’t have the ability to field a team

It is what it is

How do you know we don't have the ability to field a team 11 days from now? (Alamo Bowl 12/29.)

Even applying the ridiculous 14 day quarantine which has no basis in science generally let alone when you are testing everyone daily and quarantining at first positive test or sign of symptoms- how are we giving up now for a bowl 11 days away?

But the real issue is Jimmy and Jen should have been pushing back in the media against King County and the conference months ago. Never happened. Not a peep was heard. Again- should have pushed back regarding rescheduling the championship game or calling it something other than a championship game. Not a peep was heard.

How can I say what I say? Because I have connections on the matter that you don’t have. And yeah ... I’m going there on this one.

You could argue that the timelines and whatnot could or should be adjusted but that’s not happening on the West Coast.

So even IF we would have been able to get enough bodies cleared there wouldn’t have been time to get back to normal with how long everything has been shit down.

Considering that the timelines for the bowls would have been tight at best the best course of action was to pack it up. Worst thing would be to cancel the bowl game or show up with such a skeleton squad that the game would be a joke.

The decision wasn’t because the team didn’t want to play, or because of upper campus or anything like that. It’s because we are in a pandemic and shit happens.

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen?

I don't for a minute believe they did everything possible to prevent it from happening. And that's the problem.

Unless you think they are lying about having ZERO OL available (and they aren’t) ... what would you have liked for them to have done?

It’s highly ignorant to think that there hadn’t been significant work done to be able to play as it was. I doubt anybody that is bitching knows anything about the work behind the scenes.
    Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win.

Did you miss that they had ZERO OL available? Do you think magically those OL are available on Sunday but not tonight? And if that was the case why would we have passed on a bowl because we couldn’t field a competitive team by then?

I’m sure the solution is to ask DL pull double duty on both sides including at a position they have literally no skill set in doing. I’m sure that’s not a giant risk for all involved.

From my understanding the reasons we aren’t playing has nothing to do with a lack of fire and passion.

Seriously FUCK OFF with your logic ... it’s beyond fucking stupid. You’re normally way better than grasping at straws
    Where the fuck did I suggest I know anything that went on behind the scenes? You are reading something that isn't there. So FUCK OFF with your reading comprehension.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

The conference didn't want to play, and neither did Washington. /season.

Simple fact.

Nuff said.

End of discussion.
    Ourº Ducky friends here & on Twatter thing I'm de novo on this.
  • Options
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen? Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
    How many positive tests have there been, Mr Connections?
    I would never ask those questions because it’s a HIPAA violation to disclose that information

You can see the uptick in positive tests this week in UW related data

You can do the math on the contact tracing

Best case scenario with math probably gives a matter of days to get ready ... just not realistic

It sucks ... there’s no way around it

It’s probably a fair assertion that if you have lowered standards on the contact tracing you have a better chance. But that’s not shit UW controls ... so that is what it is.

No matter what people here think it’s irresponsible to effectively shut the program down for the better part of a month and show up to play a game with an undetermined roster, few at best practices to prepare, etc.

Anybody that thinks we should be doing that is ignorant

No, the number of players with a diagnosis could not be a HIPAA violation.
    Would never ask names or numbers ... it’s not really important anyway

There’s nothing that matters with the contact tracing

Only thing that remotely matters is that those COVID positive are probably on a longer timeline than those simply caught up in the tracing game

Regardless of which bucket the timelines are horrible

That’s why it doesn’t matter
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen? Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
    I would never ask those questions because it’s a HIPAA violation to disclose that information

Best case scenario with math probably gives a matter of days to get ready ... just not realistic

It’s probably a fair assertion that if you have lowered standards on the contact tracing you have a better chance. But that’s not shit UW controls ... so that is what it is.

No matter what people here think it’s irresponsible to effectively shut the program down for the better part of a month and show up to play a game with an undetermined roster, few at best practices to prepare, etc.

You are fake as fuck.
  • Options

My understanding would say this is categorically false

As has been discussed here and other mediums, the first 12 months of the Jimmy Lake tenure has been a disaster in many ways and the inability to prove things on the field is just going to continue that narrative for at least another 9 months.

I don’t think Montlake is naive to that
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

There’s nothing that matters with the contact tracing

Only thing that remotely matters is that those COVID positive are probably on a longer timeline than those simply caught up in the tracing game

Regardless of which bucket the timelines are horrible

That’s why it doesn’t matter
    If what Vorel says is true, and there was no issue with rising positive tests, just the tracing based quarantines, AND if what mattered most to UW AD and Jimmy was playing the game, scream and yell about amended CDC guidelines and that there's no reason UW shouldn't play this week.

If what matters most is playing to a different audience that would be repulsed by such a vulgar display, you do what UW did.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Where the fuck did I suggest I know anything that went on behind the scenes? You are reading something that isn't there. So FUCK OFF with your reading comprehension.
    You threw out suggestions of “trying anything” and “anything being better than casually stepping aside”

So you either clearly have knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes or are speaking out of your ass like an idiot

The last 2 weeks have been the worst case scenario for UW ... which is a fitting way to end a complete disaster of a 2020 for the program at large
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

As has been discussed here and other mediums, the first 12 months of the Jimmy Lake tenure has been a disaster in many ways and the inability to prove things on the field is just going to continue that narrative for at least another 9 months.

Where was Jimmy Lake in August breaking narrative, exercising leadership, saying he and his team wanted to play? Didn't happen. Washington was lockstep with the conference. The closest thing P12 had to a Ryan Day or Scott Frost was some mild discontent from Utah. The Utah weº like to say still belongs in the WAC. Not Washington.
  • Options
    dtd said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

You are fake as fuck.
    That’s fine if you think that

I’m not a name dropper ... so if I’m saying that I’ve heard about what’s going on behind the scenes, I’m pretty confident in what I’m talking about

I probably say about 5% of what I hear because I respect the information and that it’s being said in confidence

When I say something it’s usually because of a situation like this when too many people are being complete fucking idiots and the record needs to be set straight
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dtd said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

You are fake as fuck.

I’m not a name dropper ... so if I’m saying that I’ve heard about what’s going on behind the scenes, I’m pretty confident in what I’m talking about

I probably say about 5% of what I hear because I respect the information and that it’s being said in confidence

When I say something it’s usually because of a situation like this when too many people are being complete fucking idiots and the record needs to be set straight

• Options

Tequilla said:

Where was Jimmy Lake in August breaking narrative, exercising leadership, saying he and his team wanted to play? Didn't happen. Washington was lockstep with the conference. The closest thing P12 had to a Ryan Day or Scott Frost was some mild discontent from Utah. The Utah weº like to say still belongs in the WAC. Not Washington.
    Jimmy was mild in his displeasure at not starting on time but didn’t push it as much as others around the nation

There’s no question that the political dynamic on the West Coast has been its own monkey wrench in a numbers of ways
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    I’m not sure how accurate Jimmy is in that statement given the King County rules are set up

Also I think important to keep in mind any benefit of the doubt in October vanished with rising positives in the community
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    Tequilla said:

dtd said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

You are fake as fuck.

No, you don't drop names, you just lie and move on as if nothing happened when someone who actually knows what they're talking about calls you on your bullshit. It works on stupid people, so, it works most of the time, I guess. That's sad.

Tell us more about that HIPAA violation you know nothing about?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Jimmy was mild in his displeasure at not starting on time but didn’t push it as much as others around the nation

There’s no question that the political dynamic on the West Coast has been its own monkey wrench in a numbers of ways
    We all thank Kedon Slovis for his leadership.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pea patch this shit. Noc.
  • Options
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

dtd said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

You are fake as fuck.

Not that important ... I definitely have no interest in ever being an “insider” or acting like Butler Cabin

Even in this case I’m sharing literally the bare minimum of what I’ve heard