Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What grade do you give Jimmy for the 2020 season?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    C

chuck said:

The season was a shitshow for almost every team in the country. Nobody played to anywhere near their expected level every week. For a brief time I thought UW might actually avoid that "trend" and sneak 5-6 wins in there. Then everyone would have forgotten what our eyes told us, that the team really wasn't very good, and UW would be rich, happy, and sitting on the league championship with the opportunity to go get blown out by a good team.

Not to be though. Jimmy gets a C for being part of the huge lump of shit teams that includes virtually everyone.

The playoffs will be interesting for this reason. They will probably get the 4 teams that played the best throughout.

Notre Dame and Bama are unbeaten over at least 10 games. Bama had an early game where their defense sucked and the poor old DC almost got fired on the spot. Since then its been on lockdown

ND beat everyone they played including a depleted and COVID ravaged Clemson team that was spotty all year by the way. But the Irish look good for real this year.

No way to tell with Ohio State. I really want Northwestern this weekend. Spite.

I like Bama to win it all in a homage to normal life
    Agree. I'm actually pretty damn intrigued. The top four should come out about as good as ever. Maybe the Irish actually have a chance this time though and that's good. Them feeling like an actual threat to win a game will keep me motivated to pull for Bama or Clemson.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    C
    Notre Dame chokes until they prove otherwise.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

If you are still cheering for generic Clemson or Bama teams to win the CFP then you're part of the problem.

Generic?

They try and they succeed

Don't be jealous. Beat them.

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020

Chincomplete

This is the answer.
    Even when I was answering the "predict UW record" survey in the fall, I assumed they'd get to 3-3 after a couple gaymes were cancelled.
    And right now they are iffy to get a 5th (and I could never argue they deserve one)?

...Chincomplete

Hell they even gave an Incomplete performance in every damn game!
    Fuck now I'm pissed again.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,500
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    C
    I predicted 6-2. Went 3-1. That's about what I expected, so C.

Most of Arizona and second half of Utah were fun. Others, not so much.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,610
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    D
    i have him a D for what looked like inexplicably poor recruiting strategy and execution.

i wanted them to recruit like their life depended on it, to get people in the door and develop momentum early and just never stop with the pedal to the metal

instead it looked like the slowest ascent into the giant abyss of mystery... wasted opportunity stacked on top of not taking guys up front when they had the chance to develop momentum.

I also blame the AD... if i’m the AD, i dont let jimmie out of my office until he has promised me to shoot the moon with additions to his staff to offset the charisma of losing CP in the recruitment equation

And i don’t let him bullshit me or himself regarding that with his plan of attack, and i promise him the dollars in the budget to do it

Coach should have known better but OMG, this is a complete Black Hole Fail by the AD

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    C
    I should note that I refused to include recruiting in my grade. On field only. Everyone knows recruiting was a massive failure.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    C
    C for me. Season and his grade is a incomplete for me, but seeing many red flags over the bow.

Recruiting is a F and in 4 years when this senior class has 6 guys starting at best he better have had a lights out 2022/2023 classes to back that up. This means 2022 class has to be a home run, or it becomes a exercise of him moving on at some point most likely not of his choosing.

OC pick was a D. Not b/c he didn't get Moore as Dallas kept him on staff. It's for his choice and trying to convince us (and himself) that Jon Don is/was some Offensive Savant. I might even give him a pass as his rolodex of other coaches in CFB might be limited being a 1st time HC, but Pete's is NOT, so no matter what the scenario was (either asked and didn't listen, or didn't ask at all) he blew it.

Not getting rid of BG/KB is a D. I will go to my grave thinking he could have, b/c the total football coaches salary had stayed the same even with their buyouts since UW was saving over 2 million a year between CP and Jimmies salary. Under that scenario, I can't think of any public entity that doesn't rubber stamp it since it's costing them nothing extra the next year.

Doubling down and giving all the assistant coaches blanket two year deals is a D. No need for explanation and if you do need one see early signing day Wendesday .

Running the damn ball after Oregon State and trumpeting that all fall is a D. 1st It was Oregon State 2nd Each quarter of that game you had more difficulty doing so.

Jimmy didn't know it at the time but of the 12 quarters that counted (i.e. non Arizona) you ran it satisfactory at best 3 of them and more like 2 (1st half in total Beaver game). Against Utah and Stanford was poor, although running blast into 9 man boxes is not a recipe for success.

If you have any rhyme or reason for our running back rotation I tip my cap to you. I gave up making sense of it. Grade D

WR rotation C grade. JV version of RB's. Rome/Jalen play good snaps 1st two games, dissappear 3rd game, play more 4th game. Why the yo-yo job?

DL play was D. Yes missing many pieces and imo think the pieces are there, but holy cow they got pushed around. Might have helped if our safeties aren't playing 25 yards off the LOS no matter down and distance. As Brock Huard said. UW playing defense like Vita Vea (all also add big Daddy Gaines in there) still up front.

ILB minus Eddie is a D.

Safety play was a D.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    A
    I say A-.

Let's be real here. Who wouldn't have taken a 3-1 record and finishing first in the Pac-12 North when asked before the season started?

Yeah it wasn't pretty much of the time but it was a young team with a 1st year HC.

Recruiting isn't ideal but I'm not sure how many more spots they have room for anyway. Need to keep a spot open for that badass transfer safety from FSU.

I see 8 starters returning on offense (Otton, Wattenburg, and McGrew / Pleasant gone) and 7 on D (Bronson, Bowman, Taylor, and Molden gone). Kicker is back too and excellent depth.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    C
    HFNY said:

I say A-.

Let's be real here. Who wouldn't have taken a 3-1 record and finishing first in the Pac-12 North when asked before the season started?

Yeah it wasn't pretty much of the time but it was a young team with a 1st year HC.

Recruiting isn't ideal but I'm not sure how many more spots they have room for anyway. Need to keep a spot open for that badass transfer safety from FSU.

I see 8 starters returning on offense (Otton, Wattenburg, and McGrew / Pleasant gone) and 7 on D (Bronson, Bowman, Taylor, and Molden gone). Kicker is back too and excellent depth.

Delete your account.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,362
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    F

He fucked this season up in nearly every way imaginable. It’s a complete fucking abortion. Fire everyone.

This is the answer
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    C
    biak1 said:

Notre Dame chokes until they prove otherwise.

BUMP for golden domer fans.