Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone watch the USC UCLA Game?

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,615
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Yow. Ridiculous ending, totally fitting for this season.

And now ~ Does UW Play? Can they play? How many players do we have? Do we play anyway? If we do, do we ? get blown out, can we compete? WTF, so weird. Can't guess what happens next.

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    UW has a better defense. USC has a better offense.

Overall, I think USC is the better team, they have better talent at the more important positions.

Also, they haven't played like total pussies for half the season, trailed by 21 points to bad teams, or cracked the 30 point barrier only once.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    Can one of you post the Clay Helton Not leaving Wolf of Wall Street gif pac 12 edition on here
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If I was Coastal Carolina I wouldn’t start prepping for USC quite yet. If Shuck and the offense manage to not turn it over as often as they’re accustomed to this could be a game. UCLA’s defense has been more aggressive than Oregon’s, but hopefully the extra few days of prep help.

USC’s luck is going to eventually run out, and I never count Clay Helton out of fucking something up.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Man I dont know its so hard to tell when they play a team like UCLA cause they could be both good or bad. I'd probably put the game at something like USC -6.5
  • Options
    DoogstoneDoogstone Member Posts: 202
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    we'll smack USC if we have our actual team imo
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,795
    Founders Club
    USC doesn't run the ball. I like our chances.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,638
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

running the ball is what brought them back last night
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,795
    Founders Club

running the ball is what brought them back last night
    Yeah but they don't REALLY run the ball.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch and I don't know what I'm talking about. Assumed they were air raidy with the 5 td passes.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

UW has a better defense. USC has a better offense.

Overall, I think USC is the better team, they have better talent at the more important positions.

Also, they haven't played like total pussies for half the season, trailed by 21 points to bad teams, or cracked the 30 point barrier only once.

Last I checked we have the worst run D in the Pac 12.

All USC needs to do is look at our game film.

But Helton might not be that smart.
    Neither team has a great defense, I just think UW's is probably slightly better due to their ability to defend against high-volume passing offenses.

USC just gave up over 500 yards and 38 points to UCLA, so I'm not ready to crown their ass.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If I was Coastal Carolina I wouldn’t start prepping for USC quite yet. If Shuck and the offense manage to not turn it over as often as they’re accustomed to this could be a game. UCLA’s defense has been more aggressive than Oregon’s, but hopefully the extra few days of prep help.

USC’s luck is going to eventually run out, and I never count Clay Helton out of fucking something up.

USC’s defense has been worse than appears. They give up the same yards per play that Oregon does, with an equally horrible run defense. They also average 40 fewer yards of offense on 10 more plays per game. Luckily for Oregon the pass defense is the slightly less awful part of the defense. Game will probably hinge on Shuck not turning it over, so that’s as comforting as a rest stop bathroom along a particularly methy section of I-5.