Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This would be a really good thing to share with Sub K if you know him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This would be a really good thing to share with Sub K if you know him.
    He's not answering my calls
  • Options
    FecalFeastFecalFeast Member Posts: 497
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau knows the early signing period begins next week.

But Tuimoloau has long planned to take his recruitment until at least the traditional Signing Day period in February, well before the roller coaster the pandemic has turned recruiting in to.

The most recent step in Tuimoloau's recruitment was him naming his final seven, which he did on October 1st, which was Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC and Washington.

The next step is trimming the list by two schools.

"Me and the family are going to talk soon about dropping to a final five," said Tuimoloau. "We’re still working on narrowing to a top five. I haven't been overwhelmed with the recruiting process, we are just working on narrowing our list."

Tuimoloau said it is likely that after he names a top five, there would be one more cut before he makes his final decision.

"I have my top seven right now and we're working towards the top five and then eventually to a top three, but its too early to narrow it to a top three," said Tuimoloau. "So we'll get to five and then go from there."

Tuimoloau went through his top seven and who has been a part of his recruitment with each school.

Alabama: "I'm talking with the coaches from the top mostly at Alabama, mostly Sark (offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian) and coach (Nick) Saban the most. And I have talked a little bit with (Alabama commit) J.C. Latham."

Michigan: "With Michigan, I talk with coach (Shaun) Nua and coach (Jim) Harbaugh. And J.J. McCarthy (Michigan's quarterback commit) has just recently started texting me."

Ohio State: "With Ohio State, it is mostly coach (Larry) Johnson and coach (Ryan) Day but I'm also in a group chat with a bunch of players from Ohio State, like Jack Sawyer and Kyle McCord. And of course, I hear from Gee (Scott Jr., his former Eastside Catholic teammate) too."

Oklahoma: "I talk the most with coach (Lincoln) Riley there from Oklahoma and coach Thibs (Calvin Thibodeaux) texts me. And I've heard from Caleb Williams there too."

Oregon: "Coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach (Andy) Avalos and coach Joe (Salave'a) are who I talk to with Oregon and then I'm in a group chat with a couple players too like Keith Brown."

USC: "The whole staff at USC has been hitting me but I talk the most with coach (Vic) So'oto. And then of course, Julien (Simon), my very good friend, is talking with me about going to USC with him."

Washington: "With UW, it's mostly been coach PK (Pete Kwiatkowski) and coach (Jimmy) Lake that I talk to. I don't really have a lot of the UW recruits on me, except Sam (Huard) hits me here and there."

Tuimoloau was selected to play in the All-American Bowl in San Antonio in January as well as the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii in January.

He plans to play his senior season of basketball and football at Eastside Catholic, provided both still happen in Washington.

A five-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Tuimoloau is ranked No. 3 in the composite but has been ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the 2021 class by 247Sports since the inaugural Top 100 for 2021 was released two years ago and is on track to go wire-to-wire at No. 1.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau knows the early signing period begins next week.

But Tuimoloau has long planned to take his recruitment until at least the traditional Signing Day period in February, well before the roller coaster the pandemic has turned recruiting in to.

The most recent step in Tuimoloau's recruitment was him naming his final seven, which he did on October 1st, which was Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC and Washington.

"Me and the family are going to talk soon about dropping to a final five," said Tuimoloau. "We’re still working on narrowing to a top five. I haven't been overwhelmed with the recruiting process, we are just working on narrowing our list."

Tuimoloau said it is likely that after he names a top five, there would be one more cut before he makes his final decision.

"I have my top seven right now and we're working towards the top five and then eventually to a top three, but its too early to narrow it to a top three," said Tuimoloau. "So we'll get to five and then go from there."

Tuimoloau went through his top seven and who has been a part of his recruitment with each school.

Alabama: "I'm talking with the coaches from the top mostly at Alabama, mostly Sark (offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian) and coach (Nick) Saban the most. And I have talked a little bit with (Alabama commit) J.C. Latham."

Michigan: "With Michigan, I talk with coach (Shaun) Nua and coach (Jim) Harbaugh. And J.J. McCarthy (Michigan's quarterback commit) has just recently started texting me."

Ohio State: "With Ohio State, it is mostly coach (Larry) Johnson and coach (Ryan) Day but I'm also in a group chat with a bunch of players from Ohio State, like Jack Sawyer and Kyle McCord. And of course, I hear from Gee (Scott Jr., his former Eastside Catholic teammate) too."

Oklahoma: "I talk the most with coach (Lincoln) Riley there from Oklahoma and coach Thibs (Calvin Thibodeaux) texts me. And I've heard from Caleb Williams there too."

Oregon: "Coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach (Andy) Avalos and coach Joe (Salave'a) are who I talk to with Oregon and then I'm in a group chat with a couple players too like Keith Brown."

USC: "The whole staff at USC has been hitting me but I talk the most with coach (Vic) So'oto. And then of course, Julien (Simon), my very good friend, is talking with me about going to USC with him."

Washington: "With UW, it's mostly been coach PK (Pete Kwiatkowski) and coach (Jimmy) Lake that I talk to. I don't really have a lot of the UW recruits on me, except Sam (Huard) hits me here and there."

Tuimoloau was selected to play in the All-American Bowl in San Antonio in January as well as the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii in January.

He plans to play his senior season of basketball and football at Eastside Catholic, provided both still happen in Washington.

A five-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Tuimoloau is ranked No. 3 in the composite but has been ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the 2021 class by 247Sports since the inaugural Top 100 for 2021 was released two years ago and is on track to go wire-to-wire at No. 1.

How is this even possible
  • Options
    DavidDavid Member Posts: 93
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So no UW commit group chat and why no Ikaika Malloe?
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Jimmy is arrogant? Or stupid? Or...? Sounds like JTT is NOT coming here.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I thought I read this here, but maybe it’s from some other lair of tbsing: every time someone commits to Oregon JTT follows them on Instagram. I just checked, and this appears to be true.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I thought I read this here, but maybe it’s from some other lair of tbsing: every time someone commits to Oregon JTT follows them on Instagram. I just checked, and this appears to be true.

lol.doooomed
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

lol.doooomed
    Jonathan Stewart says Hi.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

Unless JTT told UW early on that he was not going there and to not bother him, this continues the narrative that Jimmy is not taking recruiting seriously at all
    Other than wishful thinking what evidence exists that UW is really in play here?

We might get a cursory Top 5 but no chance we are in the Top 3
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We need to quit giving Sub K attention. He’s the boy that cried wolf too many times. We are fans, nothing more. He thinks he’s the most influential fan in the world and it’s pathetic. Most of us enjoy talking football and recruiting. It’s his entire life.

Been saying this for like 3 years now
    Yeah but you say that about everyone
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

JT Tuimoloau is a superb athlete with great hips.

Stay!!!