Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

did the team quit on pete in the 2019 stanford game?

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pete always dropped games to scrubs for no reason, outside of 2016. 2019 just had multiple

During the 2016- 18 run, Pete, only lost one game to "scrubs" - i.e., Cal in 2018. 2017 Stanford and ASU were both talented teams (at least according to the TBS feegs). 2019 was the year he lost the team and started dropping lots of games to scrubs.
    2017 Stanford and ASU both sucked and TBS is fucking meaningless

Pete always dropped games to scrubs for no reason, outside of 2016. 2019 just had multiple

During the 2016- 18 run, Pete, only lost one game to "scrubs" - i.e., Cal in 2018. 2017 Stanford and ASU were both talented teams (at least according to the TBS feegs). 2019 was the year he lost the team and started dropping lots of games to scrubs.
    Disagree, Anton.

Stanford went 7-2 in the conference that year and finished the year #20 in the AP.

Arizona State went 6-3 and finished 2nd in the South.

They weren't great teams, but they certainly didn't "suck". Better UW teams than 2017 have lost to far worse opponents.
    Stanford was OKAY...6-3 teams in the pac 12 suck
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Washington has quit in every game the have dropped in the Bay Area over the past few years, I would know I was dumb enough to sit through all of them in person. Never again.

See you there next year!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Washington has quit in every game the have dropped in the Bay Area over the past few years, I would know I was dumb enough to sit through all of them in person. Never again.

See you there next year!
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I've spent more time at Stanford than Cal but thought they were equal. Almost got into a fight with a Stanford fan leaving Old Pro after the 2011 game.

stanford has fans?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,964
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree, Anton.

Stanford went 7-2 in the conference that year and finished the year #20 in the AP.

Arizona State went 6-3 and finished 2nd in the South.

They weren't great teams, but they certainly didn't "suck". Better UW teams than 2017 have lost to far worse opponents.
    Stanford was OKAY...6-3 teams in the pac 12 suck
    Depends on the schedule. Lotta 2 loss teams won the old Pac.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Some of my least favorite recent memories involve Stanford. Last year, the FS1 truck race, DeCastro-Garnett-Serrell and so on
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2020

Some of my least favorite recent memories involve Stanford. Last year, the FS1 truck race, DeCastro-Garnett-Serrell and so on

Suddenly Senior Day

CW
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

I just remember screaming at the television to load the fucking box against the makeshift offensive line and 8th string quarterback. I guess they couldn't hear me.

Yup. Who was the defensive coordinator back then...?
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    I've drank enough tequila and gin to block most of that game from my memory but I seem to recall 'Furd was just throwing to their 6'10" receivers all game and our defense couldn't stop them.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

See you there next year!
    I’m on a 5 game losing streak going to games against the Bay schools if you include basketball - I’m clearly bad luck so I might have to take one for the team and watch on the tube
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I want to find out how the game really went I fall back on the Game Day Threads for reality checks, of course, reading them I can not tell if we won or lost.

Drunk Stanford game day shit poasts are the best
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,445
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've drank enough tequila and gin to block most of that game from my memory but I seem to recall 'Furd was just throwing to their 6'10" receivers all game and our defense couldn't stop them.

Pretty much. We also got some peak Browning running backwards
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

what else can explain a willingham-esque performance from a team that had ran train on the conference 3 years in a row? seriously what the fuck happened that game? try and rewatch it, you'll swear they are point shaving

stanford was playing walk-ons and chemistry grad students at OL and worked us...

what was really going on? pete probably never had a team actually rebel or quit against him before

I was at the game. Sideline looked completely dead as if they were forced to be there. Worst game day experience since Owen for me
    Stanford easily has the worst game day experience / atmosphere of any major division one or professional sporting event I have ever been to. They make Cal look like a big time program. Christ the Bellevue De La Salle high school game I went to was more electric and had more fans than any game at Stanford Stadium I have ever been at.

The Old Pro is a good pregame sports bar but that’s about it.
    I've spent more time at Stanford than Cal but thought they were equal. Almost got into a fight with a Stanford fan leaving Old Pro after the 2011 game.
    The bear’s lair at cal was pretty cool, so of course they fucking closed it
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

stanford has fans?
    The 2011 game had us? ranked like 21 and Stanford top 10 and it still wasn't a sold out game.