Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thots RE: Utah Win

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

Spam chancellor is soft until he isn’t

One of your better efforts. Thank you. Just call it how it is. Once he starts making plays and not being a pussy, I’ll give him props.
    Players dont often go from soft pussy to big dick swinger.

When I watch back plays, I dont see a guy confused by the offensive scheme, taking wrong angles because the speed difference, or a step slow because he is over thinking things. Its not a matter of struggling to get into the game or just getting overpowered. I see a guy unwilling to even attempt to be physical.

Asa is supposed to be the 6'3" hard hitting safety that has it really fucking easy given how good the corners are. He played in every game last year except Cal (12 games).

Its not a physical or experience issue... its clearly his mentality.

Asa is easily one of the most infuriating players to watch this year, Olofosohioio is sprinting from Alaska to make tackles, Undersized molden is constantly throwing himself into the pile, ZTF is balling out, the corners are some of the best in the country and Asa is the weak link on the defense, mostly because he is fagging out not because he doesnt have the physical ability to play football.

Worst safety since Tripper Johnson.

STOp.

He’s gotten on my nerves on a couple of plays and is underachieving but he’s not even worse than Kevin King was at safety.

We’ve been spoiled with amazing DB play lately and forgotten what actual bad DBs look like.

Asa will either figure it out or get beaten out.
    Kevin king was mediocre till his senior year, when everything just clicked for him
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

One of your better efforts. Thank you. Just call it how it is. Once he starts making plays and not being a pussy, I’ll give him props.

When I watch back plays, I dont see a guy confused by the offensive scheme, taking wrong angles because the speed difference, or a step slow because he is over thinking things. Its not a matter of struggling to get into the game or just getting overpowered. I see a guy unwilling to even attempt to be physical.

Asa is supposed to be the 6'3" hard hitting safety that has it really fucking easy given how good the corners are. He played in every game last year except Cal (12 games).

Asa is easily one of the most infuriating players to watch this year, Olofosohioio is sprinting from Alaska to make tackles, Undersized molden is constantly throwing himself into the pile, ZTF is balling out, the corners are some of the best in the country and Asa is the weak link on the defense, mostly because he is fagging out not because he doesnt have the physical ability to play football.

STOp.

He’s gotten on my nerves on a couple of plays and is underachieving but he’s not even worse than Kevin King was at safety.

We’ve been spoiled with amazing DB play lately and forgotten what actual bad DBs look like.

Kevin king was mediocre till his senior year, when everything just clicked for him
    He was awesome in the nickel package as a junior. Would get wide underneath the horizontal routes and make a bunch of plays. He just was never good as a safety.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The way Asa has played I'm starting to think that during his recruitment he wasn't having a hard time deciding between Notre Dame and W but he wanted to go to ND but they pulled out last minute and he was left with us.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

STOp.

He is worse than King was at safety

He is probably about the same as rose bowl game McKinney (for different reasons)

Yeah yeah... lipo....
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

STOp.

He is worse than King was at safety

He is probably about the same as rose bowl game McKinney (for different reasons)

Yeah yeah... lipo....
    He’s nowhere near as bad as RB McKinney
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited November 2020

I agree with @Houhusky that it is a mindset thing and doesn’t often change. He doesn’t like to hit which is kind of a prerequisite of playing safety. It’s not an experience thing. Young players aren’t ready physically sometimes but that’s not an excuse to be scared of contact.

I think he’s covering well. I haven’t noticed him give up any plays in the pass game, other than one ticky tack PI to Arizona.

I have a hard time saying he sucks. He’s soft and a bad tackler and I’ve noticed it since he played last year. I can’t recall a player in recent memory that was as adverse to contact as Turner looks to be.

The youth excuse is valid at times for mental errors or lacking strength. It’s doog bullshit about being physical. That is 100% a mindset thing and we have had tons of guys that made mistakes in their youth but at least had a physical mindset.

I see Ulo fuck up a time or two every game but it’s not because he’s soft. He didn’t need any games to show physicality. Errors because of aggression are preferable to errors because of being soft.

FREE PUB!

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

STOp.

Agree. He’s graded out fine. He makes the tackle when he’s supposed to the make tackle. He’s pretty good in coverage. LIPO some of you morons seem to forget we have the best DB developer in the entire country as our head coach.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

The way Asa has played I'm starting to think that during his recruitment he wasn't having a hard time deciding between Notre Dame and W but he wanted to go to ND but they pulled out last minute and he was left with us.

I actually get the feeling that he's trying real hard to keep his weight down in order to play his position.

Hence the "reluctant tackling" (honestly I have not noticed)

If that makes any sense.

During his recruitment supposedly notre dumbass wanted him as a rover recruit primarily but washington (jimmy) would take him as a secondary recruit which was what he wanted.

The feeling was that he would gain too much weight in college with his frame.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    animate said:

I actually get the feeling that he's trying real hard to keep his weight down in order to play his position.

Hence the "reluctant tackling" (honestly I have not noticed)

If that makes any sense.

During his recruitment supposedly notre dumbass wanted him as a rover recruit primarily but washington (jimmy) would take him as a secondary recruit which was what he wanted.

The feeling was that he would gain too much weight in college with his frame.
    I agree somewhat but I was getting the feeling he gained more weight than his body could handle making him seem slow out on the field.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

STOp.

Agree. He’s graded out fine. He makes the tackle when he’s supposed to the make tackle. He’s pretty good in coverage. LIPO some of you morons seem to forget we have the best DB developer in the entire country as our head coach.
    He does not make the tackle when needed and has been a terrible tackler so far at UW. It is possible to respect his talent and be honest about his tackling and avoiding contact. I noticed it last year and commented on it. It’s continued this year.

Part of the reason he pisses me off so much is because he is talented and should be better. Husky Fans aren’t supposed to be the type to excuse being a pussy. I don’t even hate Asa and have a hard time saying he sucks, but cut the fucking excuses.

Go watch Utah’s long run before their 2nd TD (3:15) and get back to me about Asa on the play. Bandes got double teamed and driven back 15 yards. He has to do better regardless of youth. McDonald gets blocked and makes a try hard effort to bring down the RB from behind. Tupatala gets washed in the mess and loses his feet. Asa dances around and bitches out. The CB (Taylor) misses a tackle too,

It’s terrible fucking football from him and lost the TBS addict bullshit and admit it’s a dogshit effort. I’m not making this shit up.

Watch how pathetic his effort is at 3:15. We have all seen 2:30, the goal line play.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kuTGD3lLvc
    3:27 is also a really poor moment for Asa.