Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Better NBA Player

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Bill Russell
    I'm not disagreeing with you having those four ahead of Lebron just found it weird you used Lebron's lack of a career against him when those four didn't have much of a career either is all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bill Russell

I'm not disagreeing with you having those four ahead of Lebron just found it weird you used Lebron's lack of a career against him when those four didn't have much of a career either is all.

Maybe I approached it wrong. It's not so much Lebron's lack of a career as it is Kobe's longevity. Presumably Lebron will have similar longevity since he also came straight out of HS. But at this point Kobe has 6 more excellent seasons than LBJ does, which counts a lot for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Bill Russell
    Kobe's longevity is interesting in all this.

Bill Simmons has never said Kobe is better than MJ but when he asks if you are GM whose career would you rather have MJ or Kobe's? It's a good question.

Basically with MJ you only got 12 seasons. Now of those 12 seasons about 9 of them were GOAT status. With Kobe you do get more years.

MJ as crazy as this sounds should have done more. You gotta figure he was in the prime of his career and walked away to play baseball for two of those years(1995 comeback never happened).

Could you imagine if the Heat win a title Lebron just exits the game for a year and a half? Just the thought of that seems unthinkable.
  • Options
    PurpleMicrodotPurpleMicrodot Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bill Russell
    That would be hard to say. They're each outstanding in their own way.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bill Russell
    Tequilla said:

"Scientific" poll for some other people ... field isn't an option as a result (hardy har har

Right inn:

Larry Bird.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bill Russell
    TheGlove said:

Tequilla said:

"Scientific" poll for some other people ... field isn't an option as a result (hardy har har

White inn:

Larry Bird.
    iryk
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Greg Ostertag or Bill Wennington? I'll go with Wennington because of his three rings. Their battles in the NBA Finals in 97 and 98 were legendary. These guys were really bringing it in the post. Ostertag was a stronger post defender and shot blocker, but Wennington could hit a 15 footer if you left him open. He really spaced the floor for Jordan and Pippen to do their thing.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

It's either Russell or Magic. I never saw Russell play but 11 rings puts him at #2 all time for me. I love everything Magic could do though. I'd probably take Kareem over Wilt too, btw.

Mike
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Oscar
    Kobe
    Duncan
    LeBron

I really have no idea where to rank LeBron right now. I feel like he ends up a lot higher on this list but if his career ended today I'm not sure I could put him ahead of anyone else listed.

Duncan is not behind Kobe. I love Kobe more than any other athlete but it's Duncan and it's starting to get not even close.
  • Options
    Bill Russell

dnc said:

It's either Russell or Magic. I never saw Russell play but 11 rings puts him at #2 all time for me. I love everything Magic could do though. I'd probably take Kareem over Wilt too, btw.

Mike
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Oscar
    Kobe
    Duncan
    LeBron

I really have no idea where to rank LeBron right now. I feel like he ends up a lot higher on this list but if his career ended today I'm not sure I could put him ahead of anyone else listed.

Duncan is not behind Kobe. I love Kobe more than any other athlete but it's Duncan and it's starting to get not even close.
    Interesting. How high do you put Duncan? Not sure I agree but I think there's definitely a case for Duncan.