Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kamari Pleasant starting RB

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
This can’t be real.....I think his last sighting was on the fourth down wildcat attempt against the Fighting Cubans

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Something tells me that about half of that chart was ninaense.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,033
    I've seen some good stuff from Kamari. Who knows how good he might be with the simpler offensive scheme Lake keeps promising.

It isn't Kamari's fault that prior coaches called the Wildcat at stupid times.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,396 Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it possible pleasant has been running people over and taken a step? He's never been amazing but he's also never been a liability. People develop. Probably is Lakemanship but with the lack of insight into camp it seems within the possibility that he's gotten better
    Not to doog to hard I'm more emphasizing how little we know about off season development right now
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Lavon Coleman 2.0
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Likely just an honor for a senior who has put in a lot of work to be a backup and a lot of weight to be a blocker. A nice, thanks for doing what we’ve asked.

I’m more interested in Cook and Irvin being 1 and 2 at a safety spot with Cam backing up Asa at the other.

Good for Cook, he quickly got flushed out of the WR room but picked himself up in the DB room. From a washout to a starter. I liked his defensive film in high school. He’s a thumper.

Fwiw big backs are the ones that have killed us lately
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Bullshit seniority or a pass protection competition decided the job. Lake said he can’t wait for other teams to have to tackle Newton.

Pleasant will be lucky to be the third leading rusher. I’m not worried about it.

Immediately this was my assumption, as well. Zero percent chance he's a more talented ball carrier than DickTrain or Killa Cam.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

This can’t be real

It isn’t.
    Best avatar I've seen in awhile
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    The Donavon game plan = 5 receiver sets on nearly every play
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,692 Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    If Cook is for real and I assume he is, that's huge for this year and next year's continuity... and I hope we see a lot of Tuli and Sam on the field at the same time as well as moving Tuitelle and Bandes around inside and outside ~ no knock on Josiah but the additional development and tandem play of the young DL guys re support for the inside linebackers will be large this year for our season w/l outcome.