Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kamari Pleasant starting RB

2»

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Tequilla said:

If Pleasant is legit the best RB on our roster, we're fucked and Boner should be left on the tarmac in Oakland/San Francisco before flying home

If Pleasant is our best RB it's because he's fucking good. We already know what we have with Newton and Mcgrew, and both could be all-conference backs if given the carries (though they won't).

ATBS I don't think Pleasant has actually passed them in the pecking order.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Ale is about the size of a small planet.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,692 Founders Club
    bananasnblondes said: "Cam Williams makes me nervous out there after getting beat so many times last year."

Indeed, I have the same feelings ~ eventually and maybe sooner Williams is going to be great i think but in the interim
    the addition of other options to mix and match will enable him to proceed with his growth within his pace of discovery.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,692 Founders Club
    edited November 2020

The Donavon game plan = 5 receiver sets on nearly every play

Wildcat all the way babay. And for those few times when the designated wildkat RB [Pleasant] isn't running the play, isn't the shotgun and empty shotgun essentially what garbers ran in HS?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

The Donavon game plan = 5 receiver sets on nearly every play

Wildcat all the way babay. And for those few times when the designated wildkat RB [Pleasant] isn't running the play, isn't the shotgun and empty shotgun essentially what garbers ran in HS?
    It's 2020. Shotgun and empty shotgun is what pretty much every QB runs in high school.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Cam Davis has the most upside of any RB on the roster that will play this year

McGrew is a change of pace 3rd down back ... definitely not an all conference player

Jury for me is out on Newton ... I like him but think he’s probably average if a #1 RB and pretty good if your #2 RB
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

McGrew is a change of pace 3rd down back ... definitely not an all conference player

Jury for me is out on Newton ... I like him but think he’s probably average if a #1 RB and pretty good if your #2 RB

Pretty much. I think McGrew is better than you give him credit for. I agree completely on Newton though. I need to see a lot more than I have before I stop hoping someone else (Davis) is the feature back.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,309
    I wasn't as high on Dick for most of the year, but IIRC I thought he looked much better in the bowl game. His vision was usually pretty bad, but if he's improves that he could be a great back
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

I agree with everything Tequilla just wrote. (Nobody is more surprised by this than me.)
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm hoping Pleasant had an epiphany and realized he has a clean slate in a new offense. He wants his senior season to be special and he turned himself into the next Corey Dillion. He is going to run through, around, and over anybody who gets in his way. Najee who? Give me some of that Kamari guy! Then I remembered that shit like that doesn't happen here....
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope it’s Cam getting majority of carries with Wild-Dick as a change up and the occasional McGruber/Pleasant sprinkling.

Cook makes me picture another Austin Joyner at safety, with vicious hitting power and athleticism.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024

Tequilla said:

If Pleasant is legit the best RB on our roster, we're fucked and Boner should be left on the tarmac in Oakland/San Francisco before flying home

If Pleasant is our best RB it's because he's fucking good. We already know what we have with Newton and Mcgrew, and both could be all-conference backs if given the carries (though they won't).

ATBS I don't think Pleasant has actually passed them in the pecking order.