Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Like they do in the South and Midwest? Every other Pac-12 school has had a spring game.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

You know, as funny as this poast is, in all sincerity I really like this change in the program. Pete wanted to practice practice practice and kill any excitement over scrimmages. As we all know the Spring Game each year was an abomination.

I give it up to Lake for what he wanted to do with the Spring Game prior to Covid. Wanted to make it a true spring game like they do in the midwest and down south. Now with no spring practice, no spring game, and a fucked up fall with a bastardized camp, Lake has decided to do 4 legit scrimmages. Not weird practice drills and walk throughs with faux scrimmage at the end. But a coin toss, 1's on 1's, and a halftime.

In the situation that we? currently find ourselves in, having 4 game like simulations where guys are playing full speed and having calls come in and taking a break halfway through to make adjustments seems like a great way to mitigate any issues that could stem from a fucked up year with a loss of nearly 20 offseason practices and 5 weeks of games and practices.

I know people are tired of Lake's talking points around a pro-style offense and bringing in John Donovan because he has pro experience and all that. But the fact is that the defense has been run with pro schemes and drills practice styles that have produced UW's best pro prospects the last 7 years. Now the offense is trying to do the same thing as we actually see young guys competing and a simpler playbook, as well as now a full team setup and practices in the same vein.

It may not be groundbreaking and it may be finally doing what they've done in the midwest and south for years, but beggars can't be choosers.
    As pessimistic as I am about Lake, I’m still giving him a chance. You’re absolutely right - it’s a positive sign that he’s trying to fix the spring game.

Guess my heart says FTG because of my past heartbreak, but my head is saying LIPO.

BTW, I always appreciate you @DoogCourics for being one of the more positive voices on this board without going full on Dawgman. You bring so much to this community besides your smoking hot wife. 😘

Poast mor.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

Jimmy is going to break your hearts.

I want to punch you in the face for speaking what is probably going to be the truth and stamping out any last embers of hope.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Jimmy is going to break your hearts.

I want to punch you in the face for speaking what is probably going to be the truth and stamping out any last embers of hope.
    Hurtful
    Aren't you're people fire walkers?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Will the final score be 10-6 again

John Don gotta get his guys in there.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We don’t have a QB ... that’s my big takeaway