Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official final Debate game thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought Trump "won", whatever that means, because despite @Tequilla's misconceptions, nobody was going to be swayed by either man 12 days prior to the election. Biden looked older than he ever has.

With the theatrics cut down due to the mic muting (which helped Trump because it prevented him from caving in to his worst impulses), both frankly looked awful when they were discussing actual policy. Neither man could string together a two minute segment without getting distracted and rambling off onto some other tangent.

Eh, somewhat disagree. That's a fair description of Biden all night save for one or two points. Trump was much more articulate. Yeah, he wanders into the "I'm hearing" and "the most beautiful [fill in the blank]". Of course, neither has any specifics on healthcare because it remains one of our most intractible issues as a country.

But overall Trump came off much better. When he tones down just a couple of notches it does him so many favors. He's confident in what he's about to say and he just says it. Much better on his feet too.

Agree nobody's changing votes at this 11th hour; but Trump came off more put together. Biden is an unmitigated disaster as a candidate.
    I feel like maybe Trump could broker a peace deal between Olympia and Aberdeen

If you can change and I can change then why can't we all change?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I thought Trump "won", whatever that means, because despite @Tequilla's misconceptions, nobody was going to be swayed by either man 12 days prior to the election. Biden looked older than he ever has.

With the theatrics cut down due to the mic muting (which helped Trump because it prevented him from caving in to his worst impulses), both frankly looked awful when they were discussing actual policy. Neither man could string together a two minute segment without getting distracted and rambling off onto some other tangent.

Eh, somewhat disagree. That's a fair description of Biden all night save for one or two points. Trump was much more articulate. Yeah, he wanders into the "I'm hearing" and "the most beautiful [fill in the blank]". Of course, neither has any specifics on healthcare because it remains one of our most intractible issues as a country.

But overall Trump came off much better. When he tones down just a couple of notches it does him so many favors. He's confident in what he's about to say and he just says it. Much better on his feet too.

Agree nobody's changing votes at this 11th hour; but Trump came off more put together. Biden is an unmitigated disaster as a candidate.
    I feel like maybe Trump could broker a peace deal between Olympia and Aberdeen

If you can change and I can change then why can't we all change?
    [Winds of Change.gif]?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:
    No one in "energy" is voting for Biden. Hth.
    Disagree. Know plenty. Self-hatred is not a good quality in folks...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sledog said:
    Anyone who is on board with net neutral emissions by 2025, or 35, or my lifetim, and is willing to live under the yoke of TGND, should be idenfied by senior management and fired from any self-respecting energy company forthwith.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,691
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:
    Weird. Even out here in Lala land very few and far between and I cover most of Cali in my walks. My family is also about as well connected in the Industry as it gets.

Maybe Tracy in HR is a Biden voter but I consider her in "energy" about as much as our payroll contractors.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,870
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:
    Anyone who is on board with net neutral emissions by 2025, or 35, or my lifetim, and is willing to live under the yoke of TGND, should be idenfied by senior management and fired from any self-respecting energy company forthwith.
    Unfortunately, there is literally hundreds of billions in dollars in "green" energy subsidies and government mandates. You can be raking in lots of money with solar, wind, and ethanol and electric cars based on these subsidies and mandates.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Biden seemed to think it was malarkey that wind kills birds and then mocked Trump for claiming wind causes cancer

Trump pointed out the toxic waste and greenhouse gas to manufacture and ship wind turbines. That kill birds bigly

Biden is his voters - dumb as a fucking rock on energy

Joe believes that wind turbines just appear out of thin air to generate electricity without a massive fossil fuel effort to build even one. Drive east in the Gorge last The Dallas’s on I-84 and you get to see how huge they are. The raw materials and energy to build even one arm has to be worse on the environment than the minimal electricity produced by them.

He really is that dumb.
    I live in Troutdale, drive 84 everyday and ur damn right they're MASSIVE. They can only haul one propeller at a time, on a flatbed semi, going 40mph tops, while taking up 2 full lanes, and flanked by 4 oversize load vehicles. Nothing about the process is eco friendly lol.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Biden seemed to think it was malarkey that wind kills birds and then mocked Trump for claiming wind causes cancer

Trump pointed out the toxic waste and greenhouse gas to manufacture and ship wind turbines. That kill birds bigly

Joe believes that wind turbines just appear out of thin air to generate electricity without a massive fossil fuel effort to build even one. Drive east in the Gorge last The Dallas’s on I-84 and you get to see how huge they are. The raw materials and energy to build even one arm has to be worse on the environment than the minimal electricity produced by them.

He really is that dumb.
    I live in Troutdale, drive 84 everyday and ur damn right they're MASSIVE. They can only haul one propeller at a time, on a flatbed semi, going 40mph tops, while taking up 2 full lanes, and flanked by 4 oversize load vehicles. Nothing about the process is eco friendly lol.
    Anyone else catch where Joe lied about solar and wind not getting federal subsidies or tax credits?

He wants to completely revamp the energy grid yet he doesn’t even know the basic financials of solar and wind at present.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He really is that dumb.
    Anyone else catch where Joe lied about solar and wind not getting federal subsidies or tax credits?

He wants to completely revamp the energy grid yet he doesn’t even know the basic financials of solar and wind at present.
    Yeah and he repeated the tired lefty lie about the oil companies receiving "subsidies."
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:
    Problem is a decent chunk of them are senior management...