Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Samuel Paty: Beheading of teacher deepens divisions over France's secular identity

2»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The left in one meme. Destruction is their goal.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2 weeks maybe 4, a couple of months tops and Jesus is BACK
    Jesus never left.

We left Jesus.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    "...when a minority religious group becomes so radical and unwilling to compromise with the values of the country they live in. What do you do when a not-insignificant portion of the population, children especially, are espousing views that are violent and directly conflict with modern society?"

Like Antifa and Black Lives Matter?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

There’s moving to a new country and assimilating into their society, while maintaining your religious or ethnic identity and then there’s moving into a society with the mindset that you want to take over and force your ideals on those that cake before you. Liberals love to condemn American expansion and the effect it had on native tribes 500 years ago, all the while excusing this current phenomenon for the sake of political correctness. They can’t even learn from the lessons that they try to teach.

I’ve touched on this with my more left wing friends, especially as Democratic ppl flee CA to more conservative states. They usually say, “good! They can teach those conservative crazies REAL values!” I shoot back, “you realize you guys are using the same script as the white Christian missionaries or colonialists back in the day, right?” They usually are quiet after that.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Were you required to take a shot at the American right wing and Sled in order to tepidly possibly criticize the savages in France? Is there some sort of moral equivalency at play here that I am missing?

Just look at little Somalia in Minneapolis. That ain't right wingers man

Not quite. Shots at @Sledog are in vogue regardless of topic.

Larger point here is that while the left will reject just about anything that even resembles anti-Muslim sentiment, and both parties claim to champion freedom of religion, there is a tension that exists with certain religions and the very countries that allow them to openly flourish.
    Both parties claim a lot of shit. It doesn’t make those claims true. I think you don't understand your left's "meaning" of religion. Whether you'd ever admit it or not, it's not Mohammed's bastardization of Islam which the left protects. In fact, the left hates God and worships those acts which represent the antithesis of His law. Homosexuality, perversion, abortion are just a few examples of what the left worships.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Were you required to take a shot at the American right wing and Sled in order to tepidly possibly criticize the savages in France? Is there some sort of moral equivalency at play here that I am missing?

Larger point here is that while the left will reject just about anything that even resembles anti-Muslim sentiment, and both parties claim to champion freedom of religion, there is a tension that exists with certain religions and the very countries that allow them to openly flourish.
    Kind of worse than that the left tends to say they want freedom from religion yet as you say embrace the most religiony of the religions. The one that will impose themselves legislatively not just knocking on your door to annoy you while riding a bike through the hood

The day of reckoning will come when the common enemy - Christian capitalism, is defeated and the beheadings begin. Europe has a head start. America really was a melting pot which is why our? old school Muslims are as secular as Christians. Its the newcomers that are being encouraged not to assimilate that could be a problem
    Tuff liberals like Christopher Hitchens wouldn't stand for today's coddling. In my view the left is appropriately hostile to a religion like Christianity. That same hostility is not applied consistently to the rest of them. The fact that they're a minority group is enough for a hall pass.
    The Left has its own religion full of false prophets and idiots who ignore science and knowledge every day. It's called "Social Justice."

Social Justice is as fake a religion as those nuts who follow that Ramtha nutcase from Yelm.

There is only one kind of Justice. It's called Justice. Period.

Fuck the Left.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Basically two groups of Muslim's in our West Linn neighborhoods and that is expat Iranians chased out by the Ayatollah and Pakistani engineers. The Iranians are very westernized and their kids are largely marrying non-Iranians. At parties, they all drank. The Pakistani's are much more insular. Some wives wearing the hijab. Didn't socialize as much and didn't appear to be drinking at the summer block party. Guessing their kids are more likely to go off the rail.

I hear they like to be called "Pakis."
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

Both parties claim a lot of shit. It doesn’t make those claims true. I think you don't understand your left's "meaning" of religion. Whether you'd ever admit it or not, it's not Mohammed's bastardization of Islam which the left protects. In fact, the left hates God and worships those acts which represent the antithesis of His law. Homosexuality, perversion, abortion are just a few examples of what the left worships.
    I'm not quite sure what you're going on about, but whatever it is it's missing the mark. If you think the left's problems are boiled down to "they're godless heathens who worship abortion and homosexuality", then I don't think the conversation is going to get very far.

If I have to put my own theory forward as to why the left so disproportionately protects Islam when it otherwise flies in the face of everything they claim to stand for, it's because they're a minority group. I think a lot of the left's excesses come from an overcompensating obsession with the "victimhood" of a minority group. Who the victim is, what the circumstances are, or if they're truly deserving of sympathy is a distant consideration. More important to the left is that the victim is different from the white majority and any injustice against that minority is an indication of a larger pattern of racism, sexism, or whatever the ism of the day tends to be. It's uncompromising, leaves little room for discussion, and it's now morphed into it's own form of militant.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

I'm not quite sure what you're going on about, but whatever it is it's missing the mark. If you think the left's problems are boiled down to "they're godless heathens who worship abortion and homosexuality", then I don't think the conversation is going to get very far.

If I have to put my own theory forward as to why the left so disproportionately protects Islam when it otherwise flies in the face of everything they claim to stand for, it's because they're a minority group. I think a lot of the left's excesses come from an overcompensating obsession with the "victimhood" of a minority group. Who the victim is, what the circumstances are, or if they're truly deserving of sympathy is a distant consideration. More important to the left is that the victim is different from the white majority and any injustice against that minority is an indication of a larger pattern of racism, sexism, or whatever the ism of the day tends to be. It's uncompromising, leaves little room for discussion, and it's now morphed into it's own form of militant.
    Amen.

And “I'm not quite sure what you're going on about, but whatever it is it's missing the mark“ needs to be the new bored motto. 😄
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

RoadTrip said:

Bro. They arent white. Case closed.