Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chance Bogan, 2022 3* WR/TE, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (wdwha)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Who are all these people that tell kids they won’t amount to anything? And how long during a child’s life do they continue to tell them such things?
    In all seriousness, there are a lot of legitimate answers to that question. Many kids' parents tell them that their whole life. Sometimes it's a stepparent. A lot of these kids aren't great students and hear it from teachers and counselors. A parent should strive to help their kids grow up to be better than they are, but many are too prideful to do anything but the opposite and put their kid down to boost themselves up. Sometimes people think negative motivation can help ("You think these grades will cut it, well let me tell you, you're not going to amount to shit").

We can roll our eyes and call kids millennial snowflakes for making a big deal out of it, and I have no idea (and don't care) whether this kid has actually experienced any of the above, but it's a common thing for kids to be made to feel worthless. How do you think half the posters on this board were created?...
    Ohhh Jesus poor lil kids, with parents paying for everything and trying to make sure that their little fuckhead is successful in life.

Also small correction - More than half of the poster at HH are fucking worthless
    What is Irony for $500?
    Should you be tAlking ivy parents but a failure son
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So is he good or what?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Who are all these people that tell kids they won’t amount to anything? And how long during a child’s life do they continue to tell them such things?
    In all seriousness, there are a lot of legitimate answers to that question. Many kids' parents tell them that their whole life. Sometimes it's a stepparent. A lot of these kids aren't great students and hear it from teachers and counselors. A parent should strive to help their kids grow up to be better than they are, but many are too prideful to do anything but the opposite and put their kid down to boost themselves up. Sometimes people think negative motivation can help ("You think these grades will cut it, well let me tell you, you're not going to amount to shit").

We can roll our eyes and call kids millennial snowflakes for making a big deal out of it, and I have no idea (and don't care) whether this kid has actually experienced any of the above, but it's a common thing for kids to be made to feel worthless. How do you think half the posters on this board were created?...
    Ohhh Jesus poor lil kids, with parents paying for everything and trying to make sure that their little fuckhead is successful in life.

Also small correction - More than half of the poster at HH are fucking worthless
    What is Irony for $500?
    Should you be tAlking ivy parents but a failure son
    English please!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

FireCohen said:

What is Irony for $500?

A bit nit-picky but if you are referencing Jeopardy, then the post should read "what is irony"?

The category and dollar value was already spoken for by the contestant.

Or you could have gone all Garland Green and responded with "define irony.

We pride ourselves on accuracy here at HCH.
    Shut up, nerd
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Check out the Tug.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Love the attitude, but they'll need to get past Alabama & #MyWarEagle every year.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Got a concussion when he went up for a pass and smacked his head on the turf when he came down. Says he’s doing ok though.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TommySQC said:

My parents told me I wouldn't amount to shit.

They were right.
    Stop making shit look bad
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

Tacoma (Wash.) Lincoln 2022 tight end Chance Bogan committed to hometown Washington right before the season.

Since his commitment, he's turned into an extension of the coaching staff, at least from a recruiting standpoint.

Bogan is one of four commits to the Huskies in the 2022 class, but the only in-state pledge, with the other three all coming from Las Vegas.

Still, he has an advantage in recruiting the other in-state targets, since he's frequently seeing them.

And with several offensive lineman from the state on the Huskies' board, he's made his preference known to them.

"I'm trying to get get the offensive lineman," said Bogan. "I'm targeting Malik (Agbo), Dave (Iuli) and Josh (Conerly)."

And he's also trying with some other out-of-state prospects.

"I'm really trying to get (California receiver) C.J. Williams to go to UW too," said Bogan.

Then there are his teammates at Lincoln, one with an offer, one not yet with one.

"I'm trying to recruit Jayden (Wayne, who has an offer) and Gabarri (Johnson, who doesn't yet hold a Husky offer)," said Bogan. "I want to keep playing with those guys for as long as possible."

For now, it's been limited to 7v7, but if the season ever starts in Washington, Bogan, who transferred to Lincoln from Wilson HS, will finally get to suit up for the Abes with Johnson and Wayne.

In the meantime, with no games of his own during the fall, he paid extra attention to the Huskies on Saturdays.

"I thought the offense was great and I understand what they were doing this year," said Bogan. "Some of it may change when Sam (Huard) gets there. But I like how they use the tight end."

Bogan said his relationship with tight ends coach Derham Cato was strong and he's eager to spend more time with him.

"With Coach Kato, I have a lot of trust in him and I'm putting my full career in their hands," said Bogan. "Coach (Jimmy) Lake and coach (Thomas) Ford, we talk all the time and they just have a great atmosphere there. They're still talking to me as if I'm a tight end but if they needed me to play receiver, I'd do that too. Whatever they need for me to play, I'll do it."

This weekend, Bogan and fellow Husky commit Germie Bernard will play 7v7.

"I told the coaches that I would focus on the in-state guys and Germie would go on the out-of-state guys but if we're together, we're both going in," said Bogan. "Germie is a real cool guy, he's a chill and mellow guy."

Bogan said he's at 6-3.5 and weighing 218 pounds and is hoping to put on about seven more pounds by the fall.

"My goal weight is to be 225, the coaches want me around that," said Bogan.

We seem to fo a lot of "trying" in recruiting
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Try hard recruiting Chance, but hasn’t he heard “we are full dammit”!
    Only have room for PWOOF WTE’s