Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Initial Vote

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,346 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020

HuskyJW said:

UW could have wanted to start earlier....not later

I am just going to assume Oregon’s can get a chance to play down in Southern California....while UW will get CU and Utah

The first vote was to have the season or not.

Once it was approved, there was a vote to start Oct 31. It failed because not all schools would be ready, and they wanted to start the season together. No details about the Oct 31 vote yet.
    Oh....I didn’t know that first part. that does sound very Pac 12. Let’s vote on something and not give details until later. The old Conspiracy theorist in me says we are fat and lazy and not remotely ready.

Good thing I now choose to live in the positive

• DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    HuskyJW said:

I am just going to assume Oregon’s can get a chance to play down in Southern California....while UW will get CU and Utah

Jimmy wanted Nov. 7th start.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

Jimmy wanted Nov. 7th start.
    @Sources?
    edited September 2020
    After throwing a hissy fit about this last night, I’ve calmed down considerably.

BUT...

I want all five reasons behind UW’s No vote. Foolish, I know. I just think all the people that have lost their jobs (or will lose them) as a result of the delay deserve to know why their president or AD opposed this.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,531 Founders Club

I can understand Colorado because their team got banned from doing anything together until middle October.

I can understand the Cali schools since their state won't let more than 12 people practice together at one time.

I have no clue why UW would vote no for a fall season.

Perhaps it would get them a scolding from upper campus or some group if they voted yes
    It was upper campus that voted
    Thx
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,692 Founders Club
    Washington, WSU, OSU, Idaho, Montana, Eastern Wa, Boise State, UPS ~ the new cascade league...
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    they are making it hard to be a proud Husky fan.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Washington, WSU, OSU, Idaho, Montana, Eastern Wa, Boise State, UPS ~ the new cascade league...

Scarves up!
    LawDawg1 said:

I want all five reasons behind UW’s No vote. Foolish, I know. I just think all the people that have lost their jobs (or will lose them) as a result of the delay deserve to know why their president or AD opposed this.

Maybe DJ Books can ask Bill Gates Sr.
    He ded.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

He ded.
    but he voted no anyway
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    LebamDawg said:

LawDawg1 said:

He ded.
    but he voted no anyway
    Last dying wish?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Thank you Cohen for confirming what I've known to be true for years. The AD does not prioritize winning. For all I know she voted no because she's realized that the Lake hire was a collosal mistake and wants to cover her tracks for as long as possible.

I’m not disagreeing with your point, but just noting that ADs didn’t vote. It was University Presidents.

You may continue your rant.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,346 Swaye's Wigwam

Thank you Cohen for confirming what I've known to be true for years. The AD does not prioritize winning. For all I know she voted no because she's realized that the Lake hire was a collosal mistake and wants to cover her tracks for as long as possible.

I’m not disagreeing with your point, but just noting that ADs didn’t vote. It was University Presidents.

You may continue your rant.
    She voted how Jen told her too

Fuck...the real President is their assistant
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Houhusky said:

Every person who didnt ask for a full and immediate refund enabled this retarded shit.

Anyone in the athletic department that wasn't advocating to play football and promoting a plan to do so that would satisfy health concerns should have been fired months ago. They have one fucking job, figure out how to play, regardless of the current environment.

Instead they accepted an indefinite shutdown without a plan to open back up, never attempted to develop a plan, and most of all accepted a nice fat paycheck while doing absolute fuckall.

Jenn said, the delay was due to Player Safety. She is a Mother and that is the first thing she or anyone is concerned about. Revenues hardly played into it.

Kjram.com softy interview
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    doogie said:

Houhusky said:

Every person who didnt ask for a full and immediate refund enabled this retarded shit.

Anyone in the athletic department that wasn't advocating to play football and promoting a plan to do so that would satisfy health concerns should have been fired months ago. They have one fucking job, figure out how to play, regardless of the current environment.

Instead they accepted an indefinite shutdown without a plan to open back up, never attempted to develop a plan, and most of all accepted a nice fat paycheck while doing absolute fuckall.

Jenn said, the delay was due to Player Safety. She is a Mother and that is the first thing she or anyone is concerned about. Revenues hardly played into it.

Kjram.com softy interview
    wish KJR and Softy would go away.

Worthless piles of shit.