Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So Pac 12 football

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
and yes this is the tug but no one seems to give a fuck on the football board anymore and this could be semi political

We know 5 schools voted no

We know that the Pac 12 had set themselves up as morally superior by not playing

We know many fans even here cheered every positive test or canceled or postponed game as proof of this moral superiority

Those people didn't just go away nor did the schools and CEOs that don't want to play

I expect the Pac 12 to announce a morally superior test and trace protocol that all but insures games canceled based on contact tracing not positive tests as happened at Baylor and they wanted to play

The science didn't change the B1G changed meaning this was not about science but about politics, optics, and good old fashioned money

The Pac 12 canceled early and came back late causing 30% of UW donors to say fuck off. If you were going to play you should have played.

I give it 60/40 that this collapses under positive tests without context

This is a JV league now. Just when the laughter was dying down from the decision to not play the derisions is back at this aborted mini league schedule

WOOF

Comments

• SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 219
    Duck fan since 1970. Don’t care anymore. Lived thru 15+ years of mediocrity and worse. Sat thru the Toilet Bowl. Don’t care anymore. Sat next to the arrogant BYU fans when “Ty died in Eugene”. Don’t care anymore. Why? Because they don’t seem to care either.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,789 Founders Club
    I think the testing machine will eliminate the contact tracing. They will know when someone has the virus before the someone does and they will separate them. That said, I’m more disappointed that they had a machine available to the conference that could allow them to do this and were willing to say “naw, we good until next year.”. I mean the Pac should be playing in a week, not five. That’s what gets me. Fuck Larry Scott and the five asshats that voted playing this year down. Can UW just move to the big ten already? This conference is a joke.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    edited September 2020
    Then there's that messy business of players unionizing
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Houhusky said:

I think the testing machine will eliminate the contact tracing. They will know when someone has the virus before the someone does and they will separate them. That said, I’m more disappointed that they had a machine available to the conference that could allow them to do this and were willing to say “naw, we good until next year.”. I mean the Pac should be playing in a week, not five. That’s what gets me. Fuck Larry Scott and the five asshats that voted playing this year down. Can UW just move to the big ten already? This conference is a joke.

lol why would the big 10 want another pussy team?

In the coming realignment and dissolvement of the PAC12 USC will go independent, UCLA, the Arizona schools and maybe Colorado will be poached out to the BIG conferences and UW and Oregon will be left holding their dicks with a Mountain West Conference lookalike...

Cal and Stanford will refuse to join schools east of the Rockies for "academic reasons" just like they did when there was talk of the Texas schools joining the Pac and just be left out of the conversation.

North:
    UW
    WSU
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Idaho
    South Dakota State
    North Dakota State

South:
    BYU
    Utah
    Utah State
    San Diego State
    Fresno State
    San Jose State
    Nevada

Games will be broadcast on regional root sports only.
    Swap out Idaho and South Dakota State with the Montana schools and I can see it happening.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,209
    Well UW was one of the schools that didn't want to play... chickens.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Did UW vote 'No' because we wanted to play sooner or we? are a bunch of bitches and simply didn't want to play this season and keep up with the fkin virtue signaling. @FireCohen , lookin at you.

One good thing about this.... I don't have to bitch about the Apple Cup being played on Black Friday.
    One bad thing about this.... it would have been in Pullman this year and I wouldn't have given a fuck.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    CaptainPJ said:

But, but, but. . . Enlarged hearts! We CARE about our “student athletes.”

Fuck it - run them out there for a sham of a season that still makes you look like the limp dicks you are.

#science

CTE says 'eat a dick'
    Postal91 said:

Did UW vote 'No' because we wanted to play sooner or we? are a bunch of bitches and simply didn't want to play this season and keep up with the fkin virtue signaling. @FireCohen , lookin at you.

One good thing about this.... I don't have to bitch about the Apple Cup being played on Black Friday.
    One bad thing about this.... it would have been in Pullman this year and I wouldn't have given a fuck.

We? are bitches
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Postal91 said:

What virtue? Where?
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    SDCJR said:

Duck fan since 1970. Don’t care anymore. Lived thru 15+ years of mediocrity and worse. Sat thru the Toilet Bowl. Don’t care anymore. Sat next to the arrogant BYU fans when “Ty died in Eugene”. Don’t care anymore. Why? Because they don’t seem to care either.

Why does the SEC dominate college football? Because it's that important to their fanbase.
    SDCJR said:

Sadly I THINK Oregon CARES
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,789 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

lol why would the big 10 want another pussy team?

In the coming realignment and dissolvement of the PAC12 USC will go independent, UCLA, the Arizona schools and maybe Colorado will be poached out to the BIG conferences and UW and Oregon will be left holding their dicks with a Mountain West Conference lookalike...

Cal and Stanford will refuse to join schools east of the Rockies for "academic reasons" just like they did when there was talk of the Texas schools joining the Pac and just be left out of the conversation.

North:
    UW
    WSU
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Idaho
    South Dakota State
    North Dakota State

South:
    BYU
    Utah
    Utah State
    San Diego State
    Fresno State
    San Jose State
    Nevada

Games will be broadcast on regional root sports only.
    I was unaware thatUW voted against football. Burn it down.