Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ginsberg Sells the Couch

Comments

• Options
    Goduckies said:

Except the impeachment was politics and there was no crime

Wow, there are politics involved in a congressional process, who fucking knew.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

GoP absolutely CANNOT lose the senate.

Does that include RINO Romney?

• Options

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

Not confirming Merrick Garland sure cost the GOP greatly in 2016.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Or?

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
    Right. Trump is not an outgoing POTUS, and he holds the Senate.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,358
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    If Trump loses but the Republicans win the senate 51 49 everything is still ok

Collins and gardener are gunners and probably McCauley as well, but Alabama will be a pick up imo
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
    You sound hysterical and nervous. Extremely nervous.
  • Options
    I want ObamaCare destroyed.

Go to a two tier system and protect PECs. That’s all we need.

It’s not hard.

• Options
    thechatch said:

It’s not hard.

You want it destroyed.

More than 65% of the electorate does not.

Also Lindsay basically crying and begging Fox News viewers for help shows where things are headed.

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If you think Lindsey is scared or crying, you and your fellow Soyboys best stock up on undies.
  • Options

thechatch said:

It’s not hard.

You want it destroyed.

Also Lindsay basically crying and begging Fox News viewers for help shows where things are headed.

The ACA is a clumsy, poorly conceived partnership between the federal government and private insurance to provide substandard healthcare. Get the fucking fed out of private care.

Expand MC and MediCaid. Run it through the states at the university level with matching federal dollars. I’m ok with tax money going to this. I’m not ok with co-mingling the two systems, and introducing waste and elevated costs in both apparatuses.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,358
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    He isn't scared, just trying to fundraise
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

He’s got a point, you know.

Make SCOTUS 11 members after Trump wins and the GOP keeps the Senate and wins the House.

Fuck Harry Reid for taking us down this road of using the Supreme court as a political campaign battleground.
    It needs to stay at nine. And Harry Reid is a feckless pile of shit of a human being. Just terrible. Power at all costs.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

Except the impeachment was politics and there was no crime

They say everything will be on the table. Well, everything has been on the table since day one! The FBI conspired to create lies to drive Trump from office. How much worse than that does it get?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

It’s not hard.

You want it destroyed.

The ACA is a clumsy, poorly conceived partnership between the federal government and private insurance to provide substandard healthcare. Get the fucking fed out of private care.

Expand MC and MediCaid. Run it through the states at the university level with matching federal dollars. I’m ok with tax money going to this. I’m not ok with co-mingling the two systems, and introducing waste and elevated costs in both apparatuses.
    BOOM! Fucking this!