Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rumors of Tulsi Speaking at the RNC

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
Kasich for Gabbard is the Herschel Walker trade of 2020 politics for the GOP is it’s true.

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So I get Tulsi's beef with the bully that is the @dnc, but what exactly does the RNC offer her? She doesn't exactly align with Trump or the broader GOP.

So unless she's made a radical change in the last year and no longer believes what she's spent her political career working towards, it's hard to not see this as a move of pure opportunism.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Tulsi is toast as a national dem. If the dems wanted a "moderate" then Tulsi is the closest thing they have. She probably might get a gig in the second Trump administration.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tulsi as Trump's VP would make it more interesting.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,825
    Oh god...oh god....

brb, jo.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m not big into politics, but at the debates, Yang stuck out as being a reasonable, smart guy on stage with all the other delusional, lying idiots.

Yang is intriguing as well. For me, he's also hampered by problematic civil rights positions, and that his key differentiator—UBI—would only get through Congress as an addition-to, instead of replacement-of, existing safety net programs.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I’m not big into politics, but at the debates, Yang stuck out as being a reasonable, smart guy on stage with all the other delusional, lying idiots.

Yang is intriguing as well. For me, he's also hampered by problematic civil rights positions, and that his key differentiator—UBI—would only get through Congress as an addition-to, instead of replacement-of, existing safety net programs.
    I want so bad to like Yang but the 2nd Amendment man....
    Research further...

He's got some other weird shit too.
    I couldn't get further on his site. When I see massive gun laws I just stop reading and think "welp, another otherwise interesting candidate who hates personal freedom." Next.
    Firm, but fair.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,825

Swaye said:

I want so bad to like Yang but the 2nd Amendment man....
    Research further...

He's got some other weird shit too.

If we're bashing weird shit with whip cream, I'm out.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam

@RoadDawg55 is @YangDawg ?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Kasich for Gabbard is the Herschel Walker trade of 2020 politics for the GOP is it’s true.

I'm well on record as being AllTulsiAllGabbard, but this isn't a good move for her imo.

Her values don't really align with the administration except on foreign policy. She did already turn down a position w the current administration early on.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020

I liked Tulsi's demeanor & personality quite a bit, but she had some shitty civil rights positions.

Link please.

Also, please to be distinguishing between her positions and her two dad's.