Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    RE: Seahawks and Huskies

Another big difference is the Seahawks are dancing every game. They act the same every week whether they are playing the 49ers or the Jaguars. They carry themselves with that cocky attitude every week.

While Sark's front running Huskies pull this shit when up by 100 points or against Portland State. While they never do this shit against Oregon or LSU as most front running teams they bow down like bitches.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For me the main difference with the seahawks is that yes, they will dance on the sidelines, but they will also just as quickly walk off the sidelines to beat your ass.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Another big difference is the Seahawks are dancing every game. They act the same every week whether they are playing the 49ers or the Jaguars. They carry themselves with that cocky attitude every week.

While Sark's front running Huskies pull this shit when up by 100 points or against Portland State. While they never do this shit against Oregon or LSU as most front running teams they bow down like bitches.

Disagree. With the Seahawks it's the opposite. They're dancing it up with the cheerleaders on the sidelines during primetime national games, but just getting shit done against Jagesque dreckfest. The Hawks get cocky when they're doing something to get cocky about. Against shitty teams, they expect to kick their ass, and act like they expect it.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm cool with it as long as it isn synchronized. You guys must hate the Seahawks too. The last time I went to a game they danced every single tv timeout.

The Seahawks win fucking games so it's perfectly fine.

The Huskies were 6-4(3-4) at the time so it's fucking lame.

HTH
    Because standing around or quietly stretching would have been so much cooler.
    First off, that's the kind of thing you're allowed to do if you're 10-1 and ranked in the top 5. Imagine if a typical Arizona team came to Husky Stadium and was acting like that before the game. You would be laughing at them.

But more importantly, I like to see intensity like in the Say Who? tradition. I loved it when they would emerge from the tunnel and coalesce together near midfield on the sideline and jump up and down as a group like they were about to go to war.

I don't like seeing my guys look like they're about to go out clubbing.
    I hear you Derek, but things change. It makes perfect sense why you prefer what the Don James teams did, but nothing lasts forever. Sure, they still do the Say Who (I think), but each coach is going to do different things. I doubt Urban Meyer's Ohio State teams have the same rituals as Jim Tressell or Woody Hayes' teams.

I saw Sark's teams gather and jump up and down as a group many times before and during games. It didn't matter. The little things add up, and Sark was a bad coach for many reasons, but I don't think letting the players dance is one of those reasons.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm cool with it as long as it isn synchronized. You guys must hate the Seahawks too. The last time I went to a game they danced every single tv timeout.

HTH
    First off, that's the kind of thing you're allowed to do if you're 10-1 and ranked in the top 5. Imagine if a typical Arizona team came to Husky Stadium and was acting like that before the game. You would be laughing at them.

But more importantly, I like to see intensity like in the Say Who? tradition. I loved it when they would emerge from the tunnel and coalesce together near midfield on the sideline and jump up and down as a group like they were about to go to war.

You can find me in the club, bottle full of Bub, I got what you need, if you into takin' drugs I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love So come give me a hug if you into getting rubbed.
    hoodest toilet salesman there is
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HTH

You can find me in the club, bottle full of Bub, I got what you need, if you into takin' drugs I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love So come give me a hug if you into getting rubbed.
    hoodest toilet salesman there is
    I also sell sinks.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dnc said:

Disagree. With the Seahawks it's the opposite. They're dancing it up with the cheerleaders on the sidelines during primetime national games, but just getting shit done against Jagesque dreckfest. The Hawks get cocky when they're doing something to get cocky about. Against shitty teams, they expect to kick their ass, and act like they expect it.

That is true. That is why I feared home games against the Cardinals, Rams and like even Vikings more than the Saints and 49ers at home.

If you recall at USC the Carroll teams when they would get upset it was always to some lesser opponent like Oregon State. They'd always win the big game(Texas was the only exception).
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2014
    Dawgs lose that game and Sark is still the coach.....same ones would be bitching about that too.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sark had just told them their performance sewed up his SC gig ... you too would have danced.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

HTH

So what you're saying is, "ain't nothin changed - Ho's down, G's up?"

I'm in.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Sark had Klingsbury's moves, we would have won that game 170-3
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Dawgs lose that game and Sark is still the coach.....same ones would be bitching about that too.

Had the Huskies lost that game I truly believe Sark would have been fired.

I don't think he survives at 7-5(4-5) in the "special season".