Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Tormey named head coach at 1A South Whidbey High School

2»

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think this is a good move for South Whidbey High School. It is sure to restore the Don James era by hiring an alum of the coaching staff. He will restore toughness. I see on their schedule they lost to Kings by 35-14. THis bullshit has to stop! And restoring the Don James era by hiring an alum of the staff or school will be the answer. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/highschool/football/index.html?site=default&tpl=Team&SearchType=Team&Sport=1&TeamID=747&season=current
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

CaptainPJ said:

Back in 2007 when I interviewed Tim Meamber for a Dawgman.com article, Meamber broke down in detail how our linebackers were clueless in defending the run against Ohio State. The article caused an uproar, and Dick Baird publicly scolded Tim on the Honks Show for speaking out.

Tormey was the UW linebackers coach at that time. Two days after the article came out, Meamber went over to the UW. Tormey was watching film with the linebackers, and when Meamber stuck his head in the doorway, Tormey began loudly mocking and berating Meamber. That's how it went down based on what Tim told me.

I remember that when it went down. Of course the Tybots all shit on Meamber and defended Ty. That's how Doogs roll they put their loyalties to a shitty head coach over a Husky great every fucking time.

Meamber is a great example on why more players don't speak out against the current coach because they are in fear they'll be osterized from the Husky family.
    I recall it, as well.

At that time, Meamber was being marginalized as a "raysiss" for his outspoken points of view. You may want to punt this one.

You sure about your side of the fence back then?

As I recall, it's not much different than your current problems with Hugh.

Just sayin. . . .
    Pressing terribly.

Also I have no issues with Hugh. Just trolling but you are too stupid to realize that.
    "Trolling," huh?

Jeezus - okay, carry on playa.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    South Whidbey really opened their wallets....
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    You would think that a guy with so many years as a college head coach and assistant would have any number of connections he could call on to land a decent gig. That is unless he has been living off past success and his faults and incompetence finally caught up with him. Pete Carroll is retirement age and was older than Tormey when he was hired by the Seahawks. It sounds like this guy was carried by Don James and the rest of the staff and couldn't hack it on in the rest of the coaching world. I hope he doesn't screw up the kids at this HS.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

A new interview with Meamber would be front page worthy

Not a bad idea
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2014
    Don't forget Tim likes hookers and blow....minus the hookers

A new interview with Meamber would be front page worthy

Not a bad idea
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think this is a good move for South Whidbey High School. It is sure to restore the Don James era by hiring an alum of the coaching staff. He will restore toughness. I see on their schedule they lost to Kings by 35-14. THis bullshit has to stop! And restoring the Don James era by hiring an alum of the staff or school will be the answer. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/highschool/football/index.html?site=default&tpl=Team&SearchType=Team&Sport=1&TeamID=747&season=current

lol ybe