Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jabez Tinae, 2021 4* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Junior and Tinae not feeling Washington, trailing for Emeka and losing Troy has caused this offer. Thank you Donovan

The ups and downs. What changed? @sonics1993
    They told Tinae either commit or we are moving on and it worked. Tried the same with Cardwell but it didn’t work.
    Hmmmm. Are we still pursuing any other RBs for this class or are we punting? Hornbeak?

@sonics1993
    Only running back we are in contact with is Cardwell but he’s not a priority and not a take right now. If the numbers change I could see them trying to put the pressure on again but right know I don’t see it happening.
    Guys we don't have room for:
    -Top 10 RB
    -Top 10 ILB (2 different ones)
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

Guys we do have room for:
    -low rated H-back when we already have 6 on the roster
    -unranked D lineman who no one had heard of
    - German kid who has not played a snap of varsity football
    - DBs with no decent P5 offers (while not even bothering to offer the top db on the west coast)
    Look at Big Ern the doog downvoting this.
    I like how you analyze and post about who upvotes and downvotes other people's posts. That's fuckin' rich. Every forum needs someone like you.

It got downvoted because it's typical sensationalistic, pandering, miserable conjecture in July. I'll downvote that shit every day and twice on Sundays. That depressed edgelord shtick is stale.
    I’ve got a site for you:
    https://bowdowntowashington.com/
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Junior and Tinae not feeling Washington, trailing for Emeka and losing Troy has caused this offer. Thank you Donovan

They told Tinae either commit or we are moving on and it worked. Tried the same with Cardwell but it didn’t work.
    Hmmmm. Are we still pursuing any other RBs for this class or are we punting? Hornbeak?

@sonics1993
    Only running back we are in contact with is Cardwell but he’s not a priority and not a take right now. If the numbers change I could see them trying to put the pressure on again but right know I don’t see it happening.
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

- DBs with no decent P5 offers (while not even bothering to offer the top db on the west coast)
    I like how you analyze and post about who upvotes and downvotes other people's posts. That's fuckin' rich. Every forum needs someone like you.

It got downvoted because it's typical sensationalistic, pandering, miserable conjecture in July. I'll downvote that shit every day and twice on Sundays. That depressed edgelord shtick is stale.
    I’ve got a site for you:
    https://bowdowntowashington.com/

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Turning around a program from it's worst stretch in history to it's best stretch since 1993 is meaningless.... Logic is strong with that take

Turned around?

He left it where it found it when he fucking quit. 8-5

Somewhere doogman is missing a poster
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

@sonics1993
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

Hate to break it to you buddy but that’s 81% of this places shtick.

‘This isn’t fucking doogman. We always suck until we don’t. We suck at recruiting until we get EE & JT, Donovan sucks until we put up 35+ a game, lake sucks until we win at least 10.

I thought you’d have this place dialed in by now.

Also, look what you've done to the quoting. This is a fucking mess now and I demand you fix it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Turning around a program from it's worst stretch in history to it's best stretch since 1993 is meaningless.... Logic is strong with that take

Turned around?

You just coopted Section14a's stance on Neuheisel.

You're better than this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Turned around?

You're better than this.
    Rick got fired

Petersen is gone. Next man up. He wasn't that special anyway.

I've never graded on a curve other than Urban or Nick or start the search again

What part of 8 and 5 in year 6 by a sot fucking loser who quit isn't accurate? Its his staff the experts here are roasting including his hand picked successor who hasn't coached a fucking game yet

You guys sound like Puppy lamenting about Lambo. Just stop
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Turned around?

You're better than this.
    Rick got fired

What part of 8 and 5 in year 6 by a sot fucking loser who quit isn't accurate? Its his staff the experts here are roasting including his hand picked successor who hasn't coached a fucking game yet

• Options

dnc said:

Turned around?

You're better than this.
    Rick got fired

If Lake wins a RB and pops off in his second year you won't hear another peep from me about Pete.

I'm afeared that shit ain't happening though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Turned around?

You're better than this.
    Rick got fired

If Lake wins a RB and pops off in his second year you won't hear another peep from me about Pete.

Rick understood what the Rose Bowl meant. Petersen not so much

Lake gets two games like anyone else

This pining over Petersen is too much
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Turned around?

You're better than this.
    Rick got fired

Rick understood what the Rose Bowl meant. Petersen not so much

Lake gets two games like anyone else

This pining over Petersen is too much
    Two games?? Its gonna be two possessions before a meltdown or extreme dooging begins.
    Agreed. One defensive series and one offensive series is all we need to see.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

UW driving crisply down the field to score a TD on LSU in 09 was special. First drive.

I knew then sark was the guy.
  • Options

UW driving crisply down the field to score a TD on LSU in 09 was special. First drive.

I was like Sark unleashed a caged tiger in Husky Stadium that day!
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

@sonics1993
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

No shit, dude overuses that feature like a motherfucker! Just stop Ern
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2020

Emoterman said:

Petersen his own fucking self admitted he quit before last season, he and the whole team sleepwalked through the season, probably Manu and Baccelia/Fuller were the result of some fucking smooth brain mind rot philosophical fuckery about "doing things the right way"/OKG bullshit as he made his glorious exit asserting he's above big time college football on the way out.

Motherfucker got confused about what his job was, but at least he had the decency to recognize it and got the fuck out. I have lots of respect for him as a decent human, I liked winning the right way, but ultimately I just want to fucking win, and Pete looked deep in his soul and knew he didn't have killer instinct. You're a fucking simpleton of extraordinary magnitude if you're of the mind we'd be better off now if he'd stuck around, when he himself knew that's not the case. Get busy winning, or get busy losing.

Please point to me where he admitted he quit before the season.

I assume he means when Petersen said he did not enjoy the Rose Bowl or get the experience out of it he hoped being from and growing up in CA. From there, I am guessing many people have taken that to mean he then went into the season with the same mindset. It took a toll and therefore he “quit” on the season.

I think fans believe he had his realization after the rose bowl that deep down he couldn’t take the next step with UW, because he’d need to fire assistant coaches he respects, change the recruiting tactics a bit, etc....

I also think the Puka recruitment killed him. He probably hated everything about that and it going down to the wire like it did. Pete thinks recruiting should be super earnest where recruits who are good fits just realize UW and Pete’s program would be best for them. Having to hard sell that all the way to the end I think drained him and made him really resent what he’d have to do to get players like that in the future.