Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jabez Tinae, 2021 4* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Junior and Tinae not feeling Washington, trailing for Emeka and losing Troy has caused this offer. Thank you Donovan

The ups and downs. What changed? @sonics1993
    They told Tinae either commit or we are moving on and it worked. Tried the same with Cardwell but it didn’t work.
    Hmmmm. Are we still pursuing any other RBs for this class or are we punting? Hornbeak?

@sonics1993
    Only running back we are in contact with is Cardwell but he’s not a priority and not a take right now. If the numbers change I could see them trying to put the pressure on again but right know I don’t see it happening.
    Guys we don't have room for:
    -Top 10 RB
    -Top 10 ILB (2 different ones)
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

Guys we do have room for:
    -low rated H-back when we already have 6 on the roster
    -unranked D lineman who no one had heard of
    - German kid who has not played a snap of varsity football
    - DBs with no decent P5 offers (while not even bothering to offer the top db on the west coast)
    Sounds like we’re just missing on kids! Cute spin zones from Sonic tho.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Junior and Tinae not feeling Washington, trailing for Emeka and losing Troy has caused this offer. Thank you Donovan

They told Tinae either commit or we are moving on and it worked. Tried the same with Cardwell but it didn’t work.
    Hmmmm. Are we still pursuing any other RBs for this class or are we punting? Hornbeak?

@sonics1993
    Only running back we are in contact with is Cardwell but he’s not a priority and not a take right now. If the numbers change I could see them trying to put the pressure on again but right know I don’t see it happening.
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

- DBs with no decent P5 offers (while not even bothering to offer the top db on the west coast)
    Playing chess will everyone else is playing checkers obviously
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

@sonics1993
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

Look at Big Ern the doog downvoting this.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    real talk guys. There is very little difference between a 3* at a .87 composite and a 4 star at a .90 composite. There are legit blue blood recruits, and then there are everyone else. I don't think recruiting services watch real film for every recruit they grade, and I know for a fact that TBSers don't either. Pretty easy to identify the top 100 or so dudes every year, but there are too many variables to really rank 100+ guys with any degree of certainty.

We can be butthurt about loosing good guys (looking at Simon here) but Alexander.. Schuster.... these guys are good but not something to shed tears and rage wank in the corner for a quick dopamine fix to distract you from the depression of losing a "4 star local kid".

Our roster alone is littered with several of these low/mid 4* guys who haven't done jack shit. So lets pump the brakes just a bit on the dumpster fire just because we couldn't corral some mid to low 4*s and went with some unknowns or mid-low 3's. LIPO, plenty of mid to low 3's work out and plenty of mid to low 4*s suck cock.

Go ahead and toss the match when JTT and Emeka go elsewhere. But not these others, they have just as much JAG potential as our unknowns.

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Heims is a great pickup if you don’t need an edge rusher right always (and we don’t)

RB- Unless you have a Zeke Elliott on the line I’m not too worried. A great OL can make most Average backs great but a shit OL can make a great back look horrible.

WR- I like Lonyatta but honestly I think Tinae is the better choice. We already out a stable of outside WR. If I have Rome and McMillan for at least 3 years I’m gonna place my hope in Taj or Jabez being the next slot guy. If our offense doesn’t look like a honeypot Emeka stays home.

DT/Edge - Schuster is a “nice to have” not a must have. I like the Finau pick, you can’t coach speed and heart. It just has to be in the player.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,865
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

real talk guys. There is very little difference between a 3* at a .87 composite and a 4 star at a .90 composite. There are legit blue blood recruits, and then there are everyone else. I don't think recruiting services watch real film for every recruit they grade, and I know for a fact that TBSers don't either. Pretty easy to identify the top 100 or so dudes every year, but there are too many variables to really rank 100+ guys with any degree of certainty.

We can be butthurt about loosing good guys (looking at Simon here) but Alexander.. Schuster.... these guys are good but not something to shed tears and rage wank in the corner for a quick dopamine fix to distract you from the depression of losing a "4 star local kid".

Our roster alone is littered with several of these low/mid 4* guys who haven't done jack shit. So lets pump the brakes just a bit on the dumpster fire just because we couldn't corral some mid to low 4*s and went with some unknowns or mid-low 3's. LIPO, plenty of mid to low 3's work out and plenty of mid to low 4*s suck cock.

Go ahead and toss the match when JTT and Emeka go elsewhere. But not these others, they have just as much JAG potential as our unknowns.

All I grabbed from here was that you won’t admit it’s a dumpster fire yet you have already poured the gasoline so are a match flick away.

Chinteresting.
  • Options
    animate said:

Real talk here:

- we're not getting the targets we want when we've trended upwards since Pete (who by the way isn't here anymore eh?)
    - we're taking projects instead of highly rated guys with extra upside
    - we can't use our strength in recruiting which is our "okg" program plus school because no covid visits
    - we cannot compete on the recruiting trail because of personnel, unknowns and outright incompetency
    - your perspective is loser talk even though there's some truth to what you are saying.

If you're Jeffrey Epstein do you want a stable of developmental projects?

Or do you want a stable of obvious 4/5 stars that the buyers can see and feel right away?

You understand?
    Outside of creepy Epstein reference here is the response

- Yeah everyone who shit on Pete should rethink their philosophy. Was he perfect, no. Did he make some questionable calls in game. Yes. Is losing him going to help our program? Not looking like it.
    - We have missed on a few highly rated guys with upside.... But we do that every year and every single program (outside the top 5 usual suspects) do the same damn thing. Our best classes the past 4 years have 4-6 guys who fit the 4/5 star with upside mold. The rest do not. Seems like this class is headed in the same direction, the difference being the bottom of our class was 1-2 low rated or under the radar guys. This year looks like 5-6 guys in the low or under the radar. My point being that low 4s aren't a huge loss because outside the top elite guys, everyone else is a gamble to a varying degree (see some 4*s who have done jack shit (gilchrist, mckinney, DRACO Bynum {other bynum is legit} Lowe. List goes on)
    - Yeah recruiting efforts are struggling because our philosophy and genuine sales pitch doesn't translate to Zoom calls. Doesn't mean the staff can't recruit in normal times.
    - I think most teams who have a down year, lose their head coach and don't make splash hires, tend to see a dip in recruiting. Ohio State didn't... because they are fucking Ohio State and they win games. We are not Ohio State.
    - We are a loser team. Until we aren't. Right now we have legit trended down in every way since the playoff appearance. Losing big games, culminating in a year where we don't win conference, don't have any major draft wins, don't hire a splashy coach, replace a decent position coach (bad recruiter admittedly) with a no name, Hire worse than a no name at OC... There are plenty of reasons why the program might be in a tough place.......

My point is the tough place isn't due to us missing on some .8950 graded kid. Because that kid is probably going to have no better college career than our mystery guy from Renton. Our tough place is due to a perfect storm of shit happening outside the teams control, poor choices that were in the teams control, and just the fact that we are not a blue blood program. USC (blueblood if they had anyone but Eunuch Coach Helton) had a class that would make us cry last year... they won some games and bam back in it this year. Win and nothing matters, lose and we are losers. Assuming there are games to win this year outside of which school has the least covid on the team.

Fin.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait, did we lose Schuster? Maybe I missed it but I thought he was still in play.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I would only reference Epstein because it fits here in crazy HH land.

We need a Ghislane Maxwell for UW recruiting.

But Donte already went to USC.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen sucked

Next
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,052
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

@sonics1993
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

I like how you analyze and post about who upvotes and downvotes other people's posts. That's fuckin' rich. Every forum needs someone like you.

It got downvoted because it's typical sensationalistic, pandering, miserable conjecture in July. I'll downvote that shit every day and twice on Sundays. That depressed edgelord shtick is stale.
  • Options

Petersen sucked

Next

Last bit.

Peterson Losses Vs Cougs - 0 (even though we were ranked lower than them 3 times)
    Previous 11 years 5 losses.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That he sucked? Agree

Being better than the worst stretch of Husky football is meaningless

8 and 5 year 6 soft fucking loser

Next man up
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And 11 wins in 2000 by a coach who got fired

But still
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,865
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@sonics1993
    -Top 10 RB
    - in-state 4* WR
    - in-state 4* DT
    -More than two O linemen

I like how you analyze and post about who upvotes and downvotes other people's posts. That's fuckin' rich. Every forum needs someone like you.

It got downvoted because it's typical sensationalistic, pandering, miserable conjecture in July. I'll downvote that shit every day and twice on Sundays. That depressed edgelord shtick is stale.

Hate to break it to you buddy but that’s 81% of this places shtick.

‘This isn’t fucking doogman. We always suck until we don’t. We suck at recruiting until we get EE & JT, Donovan sucks until we put up 35+ a game, lake sucks until we win at least 10.

I thought you’d have this place dialed in by now.