Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonyatta (Junior) Alexander, 2021 3* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Through the Portal)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Another recruit that we'd be underwhelmed/pissed about getting but we're gonna pretend like we're mad when he gets crystal balled somewhere else.

I mean, we’re struggling with Plan B guys.
    Erm likes to stick his head in the ground and pretend we aren’t getting the Eastside Catholic pickup truck bed treatment.

Ranking of recruiting success;
    Land Plan A recruit
    Miss Plan A, land Plan B(everyone will bitch)
    Try and miss on Plan B(everyone will bitch) leading to Plan C (everyone will bitch again)
    I mean, we're doing well with Emeka, reportedly, and players/coaches are still in contact with Troy, reportedly. I wouldn't say we've struck out on our plan A guys quite yet. Junior has proven he can land big-time WR. Lonyatta is kind of a JAG who has been boosted by the guy throwing to him. I'm not going to get my strawberry-flavored panties in a twist about him. LIPO.
    I need your optimism in the reals, not on this bored of hate and despair.
    I find it healthier to be hopeful than hopeless when it comes to UW football. I'm likely going to be disappointed either way so I choose optimism. Trust me, I'm much more cynical in the reals. There's no hope for humanity, for example.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Another recruit that we'd be underwhelmed/pissed about getting but we're gonna pretend like we're mad when he gets crystal balled somewhere else.

Erm likes to stick his head in the ground and pretend we aren’t getting the Eastside Catholic pickup truck bed treatment.

Land Plan A recruit
    Try and miss on Plan B(everyone will bitch) leading to Plan C (everyone will bitch again)
    I mean, we're doing well with Emeka, reportedly, and players/coaches are still in contact with Troy, reportedly. I wouldn't say we've struck out on our plan A guys quite yet. Junior has proven he can land big-time WR. Lonyatta is kind of a JAG who has been boosted by the guy throwing to him. I'm not going to get my strawberry-flavored panties in a twist about him. LIPO.
    Troy is gone. Let him go holding on to hope is just pathetic.

What does “doing well” even mean? Emeka’s recruitment has been hard to read for me but either way we would be hearing that “doing well” bullshit from the usual suspects.

Emeka is one recruit. The most important sure but are we not taking more than one WR? Junior and Tinae should have been slam dunks. If we don’t get them both then hopefully we can beat out Wazzu for Nunnally and whichever other WR is next to get an offer.
    Lonyatta is a JAG. Does he have pictures of you with that buxom blonde at the hotel lounge or something?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

Land Plan A recruit

What does “doing well” even mean? Emeka’s recruitment has been hard to read for me but either way we would be hearing that “doing well” bullshit from the usual suspects.

Emeka is one recruit. The most important sure but are we not taking more than one WR? Junior and Tinae should have been slam dunks. If we don’t get them both then hopefully we can beat out Wazzu for Nunnally and whichever other WR is next to get an offer.
    Lonyatta is a JAG. Does he have pictures of you with that buxom blonde at the hotel lounge or something?
    Again, trying and failing to land a JAG is worse than landing said JAG.

It’s not just about Alexander it’s about what such a failure says about UW’s larger recruiting strategy and chances.

Which, if you’d internalized that point when I first made it weeks ago, might have prepared you for the recent string of shitty results.
    Who says we're trying to land him? We can't get bent about not landing a guy that we're not trying to land. That's just science.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    big 7-8 inchers coming in now from Biggins, Angulo, Ektard to ASU.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Are they throbbing?
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Are they throbbing?
    @PurpleThrobber ?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,818
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Land Plan A recruit
    I need your optimism in the reals, not on this bored of hate and despair.
    I find it healthier to be hopeful than hopeless when it comes to UW football. I'm likely going to be disappointed either way so I choose optimism. Trust me, I'm much more cynical in the reals. There's no hope for humanity, for example.
    Given. I gave up on humanity years ago.

Just give up all together. Makes things easier.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705

Land Plan A recruit

Again, trying and failing to land a JAG is worse than landing said JAG.

It’s not just about Alexander it’s about what such a failure says about UW’s larger recruiting strategy and chances.

Which, if you’d internalized that point when I first made it weeks ago, might have prepared you for the recent string of shitty results.
    Who says we're trying to land him? We can't get bent about not landing a guy that we're not trying to land. That's just science.
    Look at our offers and figure it the fuck out.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,818
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    18’s legal... right?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Land Plan A recruit

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pushed back his commitment by 2 days. Probably doesn't mean much.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That's odd but likely means his commitment video isnt done yet.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    8 inch Wiltfong Dong to ASU
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Do I have this right: we preferred Alexander over Time, offered him first, but we got Tinae while Alexander is going to ASU, and Tinae is 4* to Alexander's 3*?

Is there a conventional wisdom as to why it went this way? UW preference, ranking, where they're committing?