Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Masks required statewide starting Friday.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I might wear one of these

That mask is really only designed for muff diving on Hope Solo's meat curtains.....

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

It's a virus. A virus we have no vaccine for. A virus that is pretty communicable. It won't disappear if we stay inside. Lots of people have tested positive. Lots of people will get sick. Lots of people will recover. Lots more people will test positive. Some more people will die. If you are an "at risk" individual, stay the fuck home or take great precautions when you go out. Why shut everything down again? When they come up with a vaccine and only 20% of Americans take it, the media will relax and just report the annual 100K Covid deaths alongside the 70K flu deaths and the umpteenth heart disease deaths and so on and so on.

You guys act like our miserable failure in controlling the virus was inevitable.
    Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    Since DRUMPF fucked up by not having enough testing available, and the population reflected above is somehow self-selected by combination of resource constraints and symptoms, consider how many undetected asymptomatic cases are rolling around out there.
    Trump isn't a national medical bureaucrat. That is Fow Chee and the rest of the incompetents at the CDC and NIH. We had the same level of not being prepared under barry's same incompetent CDC and NIH. The big issue is that the chicom crud escaped from the Wuhan biolab. Then the chicoms covered it up. Then they released millions of Chinese to go infect the rest of the world. Who is tougher when dealing with the chicoms? It ain't barry or bought and paid for Slo Joe or our MSM. No body but Trump would have pulled the WHO funding.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

thechatch said:

BearsWiin said:

thechatch said:

I’m wearing a mask, and having my employees wear them as well. It’s a liability/HR issue for me. I’m not going to wear one in my car or walking down the street, but it makes sense in buildings or any enclosed public space.

I’m not judging anyone for choosing not to wear theirs. This is a free country and all, so a state order making it a criminal offense is a little absurd for me.

Now do stop signs
    Stop being stupid.
    Your precious liberties are constantly infringed upon for the sake of personal and public safety

Mask wearing is a pretty clear example of one's behavior affecting the health and safety of others. Adhering to traffic rules is another.
    Sounds like the science is settled.
    It must be settled, Jay is a data guy remember.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    Bob_C said:

BearsWiin said:

thechatch said:

BearsWiin said:

thechatch said:

I’m wearing a mask, and having my employees wear them as well. It’s a liability/HR issue for me. I’m not going to wear one in my car or walking down the street, but it makes sense in buildings or any enclosed public space.

I’m not judging anyone for choosing not to wear theirs. This is a free country and all, so a state order making it a criminal offense is a little absurd for me.

Now do stop signs
    Stop being stupid.
    Your precious liberties are constantly infringed upon for the sake of personal and public safety

Mask wearing is a pretty clear example of one's behavior affecting the health and safety of others. Adhering to traffic rules is another.
    Sounds like the science is settled.
    It must be settled, Jay is a data guy remember.
    Jay can't count to 21 without unzipping his pants.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It's a virus. A virus we have no vaccine for. A virus that is pretty communicable. It won't disappear if we stay inside. Lots of people have tested positive. Lots of people will get sick. Lots of people will recover. Lots more people will test positive. Some more people will die. If you are an "at risk" individual, stay the fuck home or take great precautions when you go out. Why shut everything down again? When they come up with a vaccine and only 20% of Americans take it, the media will relax and just report the annual 100K Covid deaths alongside the 70K flu deaths and the umpteenth heart disease deaths and so on and so on.

You guys act like our miserable failure in controlling the virus was inevitable.
    Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    Since DRUMPF fucked up by not having enough testing available, and the population reflected above is somehow self-selected by combination of resource constraints and symptoms, consider how many undetected asymptomatic cases are rolling around out there.
    Trump isn't a national medical bureaucrat. That is Fow Chee and the rest of the incompetents at the CDC and NIH. We had the same level of not being prepared under barry's same incompetent CDC and NIH. The big issue is that the chicom crud escaped from the Wuhan biolab. Then the chicoms covered it up. Then they released millions of Chinese to go infect the rest of the world. Who is tougher when dealing with the chicoms? It ain't barry or bought and paid for Slo Joe or our MSM. No body but Trump would have pulled the WHO funding.
    Does this not seem like Executive Branch business to you?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020

Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    It does. It’s a good thing the executive branch of state governments have Departments of Health, and that states and municipalities are where First Responders are controlled.

Perhaps you forgot how federalism works?

How about Cuomo and Whitmer putting infected patients into nursing homes? That was never a guideline by the federal government. The federal government did provide a ship for quarantine that Cuomo refused to use and instead needlessly killed thousands more than necessary. Now he’s blaming Trump for the failures of New York State.

I don’t blame Fauci. He got his orders on how to react from how beneficial it would be to frighten the populace and influence the election. He’s been in DC for 4 decades and this was his bog moment.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    Fow Chee was barry's expert. He told Trump that we were prepared for the chicom crud. What did you expect Trump to do? What would barry or Slo Joe have done? They had the same policy as Trump. Except in 2008-2009 the US ventilator stocks were drawn down with a bad flu season. It wasn't Trump that didn't restore the ventilator inventory. There is plenty of blame to go around. Most having to do with the incompetency of the WHO, the CDC and NIH. Again, most of the blame should go to the chicoms. Trump is the only one who has stood up to the commie bastards with no help from your side who actually is rooting for the away team.
  • Options

Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    It does. It’s a good thing the executive branch of state governments have Departments of Health, and that states and municipalities are where First Responders are controlled.

Perhaps you forgot how federalism works?

How about Cuomo and Whitmer putting infected patients into nursing homes? That was never a guideline by the federal government. The federal government did provide a ship for quarantine that Cuomo refused to use and instead needlessly killed thousands more than necessary. Now he’s blaming Trump for the failures of New York State.

I don’t blame Fauci. He got his orders on how to react from how beneficial it would be to frighten the populace and influence the election. He’s been in DC for 4 decades and this was his bog moment.
    My question was in direct response to WL's post about Fauci and the incompetentents at the CDC and NIH. I haven't forgotten how federalism works. You brought the states into this; not me or WL.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    More than a hundred blacks shot by blacks on Father's Day weekend in Chicago and yet this is the biggest concern of the BLM folk over the weekend. It's like BLM isn't really about BLM.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Cases <> #CordWood

HTH

EDIT
    Fow Chee was barry's expert. He told Trump that we were prepared for the chicom crud. What did you expect Trump to do? What would barry or Slo Joe have done? They had the same policy as Trump. Except in 2008-2009 the US ventilator stocks were drawn down with a bad flu season. It wasn't Trump that didn't restore the ventilator inventory. There is plenty of blame to go around. Most having to do with the incompetency of the WHO, the CDC and NIH. Again, most of the blame should go to the chicoms. Trump is the only one who has stood up to the commie bastards with no help from your side who actually is rooting for the away team.
    Man, your feet are taped to the pedals on Trump. And someone here in the Tug says they don't want a cult of personality. I've been critical and supportive of Trump. That's what it's like when the POTUS isn't your hero. Obama was never my hero. No POTUS in my lifetime has been my hero.

Of course I place massive blame on China. But every answer I get to a very simple question goes in 20 different directions. I ask again: is the competency of Fauci, the CDC and the NIH an executive branch function or not? And who's in charge of the executive branch? If a liberal POTUS were in office, you'd be asking the very same question with great fervor.

Nobody's talking about who stood up to China. Another diversion. I don't have a side. That's for people like you.

Simple question: who's in charge?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    A cult of personality would be someone who can't take what I said and indicate where I misstated the facts. The incompetence of almost every federal agency from the Post Office to the DOJ and FBI is an executive branch function. For some reason leftards are happy with that. I'm not. Both Bush's were incredibly negligent when dealing with the federal bureaucracies. Trump should have fired the top of the DOJ,CIA, FBI, NSA et al and started over. But there was no support for that from either the dems or the RINOs. When Trump fired McCabe the left and the RINOs went nuts. Firing Fow Chee in 2017 along with the heads of the NIH and CDC would have been politically unacceptable. Trump has performed much better that barry, PIPS or Slo Joe would have done on this issue.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

A cult of personality would be someone who can't take what I said and indicate where I misstated the facts. The incompetence of almost every federal agency from the Post Office to the DOJ and FBI is an executive branch function. For some reason leftards are happy with that. I'm not. Both Bush's were incredibly negligent when dealing with the federal bureaucracies. Trump should have fired the top of the DOJ,CIA, FBI, NSA et al and started over. But there was no support for that from either the dems or the RINOs. When Trump fired McCabe the left and the RINOs went nuts. Firing Fow Chee in 2017 along with the heads of the NIH and CDC would have been politically unacceptable. Trump has performed much better that barry, PIPS or Slo Joe would have done on this issue.

Sark > Ty POTM
  • Options

Well, that was confusing. No, I don't think a cult of personality is properly described as so.

We're knee deep in post 7 on this topic, and still you won't answer one simple question: who's in charge ... NOW? And since when did Trump need Democratic, or Martian support for that matter, to fire anybody? That term made him a household name. Political acceptability? We're talking about Donald Trump, the current POTUS, right?

Buddy you are dancing the watusi right now. You throw out a charge of incompetence of federal agencies and their functionaries and won't hold the head of the masthead responsible. It's always someone else's fault, usually Barry's.
  • Options

So has @BearsWiin taken his ball and gone home? Does Swaye need to update the Roadkill List?

I think anytime I reference @HoustonHusky 's name tends to chase him off for a time. The scars are many and deep, demonstrating conclusively that time does not, in fact, heal all wounds.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    JFC - time to close this thread - open a new one tomorrow when the masses are arrested/ticketed for being maskless.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

@BearsWiin will be back to regale us with his superior intellect and witty banter

The bay area meat up could be interesting this year

@Doogles @WilburHooksHands

I'm buying!