Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Years of work on the trail paying off for Cristobal and Oregon

124»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

I recall beating Stanford twice when they had Luck as their QB. Something I don't believe UW ever did.

Getting beat 41 to 0 by a team that Oregon laid 52 points I agree is embarrassing.

I recall your best team in school history getting beat by them at home when they didn't have Luck.
    It happens. Your best team in the past 25 years was beat by Oregon. You should know a lot about losing to inferior competition. Hell a mediocre Oregon squad beat you in 2018.

Oh yeah, in 2010, while you were getting your asses waxed by Stanford's best team 41 - 0, we beat Stanford's best team 52 - 31.
    I'm in the minority in thinking our best team in 25 years, minimally our most talented, lost to SC and Bama and wiped the trash straight out of Eugene that year.

It's well documented we lost to inferior competition but talking shit after losing 4 out of 5 to bottom 2 cuog talent is rich. Needed your Make-A-Wish kicker to bail you out this year even.

You're a shit party school with your SEC West Coast bullshit even though you haven't matched even their 3rd best program.
    Counting the Coug wins as your own too now I see. We're talking Oregon Football and Washington Football and despite your claims of superiority you guy have been Oregon's bitch for nearly 25 years. There's no comparison between where the two programs are these days.
    Last 5 seasons conference champs:

UW - 2
    SC - 1
    Stanford - 1
    Oregon - 1

'these days'
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

I recall beating Stanford twice when they had Luck as their QB. Something I don't believe UW ever did.

Getting beat 41 to 0 by a team that Oregon laid 52 points I agree is embarrassing.

I recall your best team in school history getting beat by them at home when they didn't have Luck.
    It happens. Your best team in the past 25 years was beat by Oregon. You should know a lot about losing to inferior competition. Hell a mediocre Oregon squad beat you in 2018.

Oh yeah, in 2010, while you were getting your asses waxed by Stanford's best team 41 - 0, we beat Stanford's best team 52 - 31.
    I'm in the minority in thinking our best team in 25 years, minimally our most talented, lost to SC and Bama and wiped the trash straight out of Eugene that year.

It's well documented we lost to inferior competition but talking shit after losing 4 out of 5 to bottom 2 cuog talent is rich. Needed your Make-A-Wish kicker to bail you out this year even.

You're a shit party school with your SEC West Coast bullshit even though you haven't matched even their 3rd best program.
    Counting the Coug wins as your own too now I see. We're talking Oregon Football and Washington Football and despite your claims of superiority you guy have been Oregon's bitch for nearly 25 years. There's no comparison between where the two programs are these days.
    Last 5 seasons conference champs:

UW - 2
    SC - 1
    Stanford - 1
    Oregon - 1

'these days'
    Now do the last 25 seasons. Face facts. Oregon passed your shit football program years ago.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Here's a scenario for you fellas to chew on. First off, Oregon has momentum. Cristo won a Rose Bowl and popped off, as he should. There's a ton of buzz. I'll be shocked if Oregon doesn't finish with a top ten class, perhaps a top 5.

Now, face it: Eugene is Eugene. The Pac12 media deal is shit. Member schools receive paltry payouts. Your bestie is an octogenarian.

Cristo probably wins the Pac but with an unproven QB and inexperienced OL, loses the NY6 bowl.

With 2 consecutive Pac's and top 10 recruiting classes, Cristo leaves when that SEC school decides hiring him means they're serious about football again. The class splinters when half or more the new Ducks decide they don't want to be Ducks because the coach LEAVES and they get their waivers.

All will happen. Just wondered if you fellas want to comment?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Here's a scenario for you fellas to chew on. First off, Oregon has momentum. Cristo won a Rose Bowl and popped off, as he should. There's a ton of buzz. I'll be shocked if Oregon doesn't finish with a top ten class, perhaps a top 5.

Now, face it: Eugene is Eugene. The Pac12 media deal is shit. Member schools receive paltry payouts. Your bestie is an octogenarian.

Cristo probably wins the Pac but with an unproven QB and inexperienced OL, loses the NY6 bowl.

With 2 consecutive Pac's and top 10 recruiting classes, Cristo leaves when that SEC school decides hiring him means they're serious about football again. The class splinters when half or more the new Ducks decide they don't want to be Ducks because the coach LEAVES and they get their waivers.

3 different schools have won the Pac the last 3 years, and every year that team's fans have claimed that they're rolling baby. That's expected, but hasn't really been the case since Chip left the conference.

The Pac 12, unlike the SEC, ACC, and to an extent the B1G, exhibits a lot more parody (obviously).

After 2017, SC with all their talent won 4-5 games the next year. 2019 UW's offense caught up to them and no one thought Pete would quit the way he did 1 year after making it to the rose bowl. So we'll see what Oregon does.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    haie said:

Baseman said:

3 different schools have won the Pac the last 3 years, and every year that team's fans have claimed that they're rolling baby. That's expected, but hasn't really been the case since Chip left the conference.

The Pac 12, unlike the SEC, ACC, and to an extent the B1G, exhibits a lot more parody (obviously).

After 2017, SC with all their talent won 4-5 games the next year. 2019 UW's offense caught up to them and no one thought Pete would quit the way he did 1 year after making it to the rose bowl. Koop
    From the outside looking in(SECprespective), looks like Oregon is on a track to compete for a NC. Recruiting right players, commuting to known schools with hardware, watching practices, etc....

Can say what you want and I’ve said it before, beware of OR...they’ve been doin well. Can the current coach capitalize on his fruits??? No idea. First test was Auburn last year. Fail. Last chance was Wisconsin in Rose bowl. Win.

And he’s coming. I’d be worried if I was in PAC.

Seems to me that program is only getting BETTER.

Coach there is hard nose and doing it right, it’s not a farce. Or I don’t think
    So and I’ve said it....here. Can he beat the elite of other conferences??! I don’t know.

But I think in time, if not now, they will run rough shot through the PAC.

If I were a die hard doog? I’d be worried for
    Long tome...
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Do...do you think Miami is in the sec?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Haie is never going to admit that UW had its window as helfrich tanked the program and then Oregon went through 3 coaches in 3 years...and UW has fuck all to show for it

Oregon consolidated and expedited UW’s 2003-2014 seasons into 3 years. Because one school is serious about football and one isn’t
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Haie is never going to admit that UW had its window as helfrich tanked the program and then Oregon went through 3 coaches in 3 years...and UW has fuck all to show for it

Oregon consolidated and expedited UW’s 2003-2014 seasons into 3 years. Because one school is serious about football and one isn’t

Their lack of seriousness is just another sign of the superior program. Do want to talk about the view each school has from their stadiums? I hear that's very important.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    ntxduck said:

I agree with all of that, but don't let Bob and DJFS, loyal 2013 era 12's know.

I would add in that the main thing that fucked UW was that Pete refused to change his offense over the 6 years, which was putrid even by Pac 12 standards. What gives me hope is that the defense that had to counterbalance that and stay on the field 60+ percent of the teams returns all of its coaches.