Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Let’s state this....
    I hate you, you hate me. We both think our teams are superior.

I want your honest opinion.
    Kimmy says the following after our last 12 out of 15 commits:

The day or day after a UofO commit:

-Huskies/We have moved on

-Oregon must of paid the family

-Not OKG

-We have higher rated targets

AND NOW....
    She says something to the effect that Lake & Co. are letting Oregon get commits because you are going to flip them later! And that the past 24mo’s of recruiting < UW all the way!

Do you truly believe this?

dawgman is a fucking joke. They will never get a penny of my money.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Let’s state this....

-Not OKG

AND NOW....
    She says something to the effect that Lake & Co. are letting Oregon get commits because you are going to flip them later! And that the past 24mo’s of recruiting < UW all the way!

Every fucking word of it.
  • Options

haie said:

If the coaches can't patch up Donovan's past with Penn St. they aren't power 5 recruiters. You need some super reputable OC to get it done with offensive players you just have zero creativity at sales.

The man was an absolute train wreck at Penn State, was an assistant running back for the last four year and a terrible recruiter. Hard to patch that up.
    SMH. I know Jimmy was expecting Kellen moore but this hire is unacceptable.

Thought Jimmy would be different when he talked about being competitive and always attacking. Such bullshit.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

haie said:

If the coaches can't patch up Donovan's past with Penn St. they aren't power 5 recruiters. You need some super reputable OC to get it done with offensive players you just have zero creativity at sales.

The man was an absolute train wreck at Penn State, was an assistant running back for the last four year and is a terrible recruiter. Hard to patch that up.
    Did he hire Donovan out of desperation? Four months later and I'm still scratching my head about this hire. Lake sabotaged this year's class on offense by hiring Donovan even with Sam in the boat.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

The man was an absolute train wreck at Penn State, was an assistant running back for the last four year and a terrible recruiter. Hard to patch that up.

Thought Jimmy would be different when he talked about being competitive and always attacking. Such bullshit.
    You hire coordinators to coach and call plays, not recruit. I won’t judge him until the year is over and I see how the offense performs.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

haie said:

You hire coordinators to coach and call plays, not recruit. I won’t judge him until the year is over and I see how the offense performs.
    Have you heard anything about what the offense will look like? The only descriptions I've heard thus far have been completely generic - "Attacking", "Aggressive", "Pro style"..
  • Options

haie said:

Oregon seems to be using him as a negative recruiting point just fine. You said yourself he isn't a strong recruiter so he doesn't bring much to the table. He better be lights out as an offensive play-caller
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Let’s state this....

-Not OKG

AND NOW....

No, Oregon has been kicking Washington’s ass head to head ever since Pete stepped down. When Pete was here, I never feared Oregon because Pete would handle you guys just fine. Jimmy hasn’t proven to and the coaches he hired can’t compete with Mario’s hire.
    Now this is real...
    Because I would have the hardest time stating that if the roles were reversed and let be honest.... most Duck/Husky fans would admit that!

We both hate each other but the level of stupidity has to be called out. Your Kimmy is a Nut job - truly!

I will say this about our current teams:

Your LBs blow and OC hire = wow

The Ducks OL and QB haven’t done anything yet - all Duck fans shhhhh!

Ducks and Husky’s have the #1 & #2 Defenses in the conference.

To recruiting...
    I want to blast you while you’re down. Most Duck fans would... I will say this, you are struggling but my only grief with that is the “why’s” behind it...

“We are waiting on the decommit’s”

“Our class will be bette then Oregon’s”

“All Oregon has is highly over ranked recruits! We passed on all of them!”

Kimmy is a joke!

The Duck fan base has it’s “Kimmy’s” too but it refreshing to have some dialog on what is crazy behind enemy lines.
  • Options

haie said:

Oregon seems to be using him as a negative recruiting point just fine. You said yourself he isn't a strong recruiter so he doesn't bring much to the table. He better be lights out as an offensive play-caller

It’s working because of Covid and no visits allowed so these recruits can’t watch practice and see the offense for themselves. Nobody could have predicted that.
  • Options
    Still pissed you guys got Puka!! He is a stud. Period.
  • Options

Let’s state this....

-Not OKG

AND NOW....

No, Oregon has been kicking Washington’s ass head to head ever since Pete stepped down. When Pete was here, I never feared Oregon because Pete would handle you guys just fine. Jimmy hasn’t proven to and the coaches he hired can’t compete with Mario’s hire.
    Now this is real...
    Because I would have the hardest time stating that if the roles were reversed and let be honest.... most Duck/Husky fans would admit that!

We both hate each other but the level of stupidity has to be called out. Your Kimmy is a Nut job - truly!

To recruiting...
    I want to blast you while you’re down. Most Duck fans would... I will say this, you are struggling but my only grief with that is the “why’s” behind it...

Kimmy is a joke!

The Duck fan base has it’s “Kimmy’s” too but it refreshing to have some dialog on what is crazy behind enemy lines.
    Classier than I would act on a enemy board. I wouldn't go out of my way to gloat if oregon was down but I would throw in a couple jabs. Enjoy having a cohesive and winning above all type mentality in your athletic department.

All we got are questions marks and confusion.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,520
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The man was an absolute train wreck at Penn State, was an assistant running back for the last four year and is a terrible recruiter. Hard to patch that up.
    They're still kids, and it's still sales. There isn't any tape of this offense so there's a lot of room to spin. It seems like there just isn't enough pressure on some of these position coaches to get it done unless everything is going our way.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

They're still kids, and it's still sales. There isn't any tape of this offense so there's a lot of room to spin. It seems like there just isn't enough pressure on some of these position coaches to get it done unless everything is going our way.
    Don’t disagree with you there but Washington’s recruiting strategy isn’t about salesmanship, it’s about all that Washington has to offer. But problem is they can’t visit so the coaches can’t show them. That’s been the main issue.
  • Options

Still pissed you guys got Puka!! He is a stud. Period.

Yes he is, coaches can’t stop raving about him. I expect him to be the number one WR this year for Washington.
  • Options

haie said:

It’s working because of Covid and no visits allowed so these recruits can’t watch practice and see the offense for themselves. Nobody could have predicted that.
    Love your takes sonics but I think thats a little bit of a cop out answer to blame it entirely on covid. Jimmy couldn't see hiring J Donovan could cause issues down the road? Especially with Joe Moorehead to oregon rumors that were going on. Jimmy couldn't have seen bob gregory, derham cato and keith bonnerpopper as weak recruiters? He had first hand experience working with BOTH terrence brown and will harris? Jimmy has been working with the majority of these guys for years.

ADAPT OR DIE! But he made the decision to hire and keep these guys.
    I was thrilled when you didn’t hire Kellen!!!

Donovan on paper looks eehhhhh

But I also said that about a guy in the late 2000s from New Hampshire that ran some zone read thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Let’s state this....

-Not OKG

AND NOW....

Now this is real...

To recruiting...

Kimmy is a joke!

I tell it like it is and right now on the recruiting trail and on the field Oregon is top dog. Think it will be like that for the next couple of years but hope I’m wrong.