Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is this a good OOC schedule or a shitty OOC schedule?

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
edited April 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm not naming the mystery team (and don't cheat and check my other thread) but, in your opinion, is this a good OOC schedule or a shitty OOC schedule? That is, if this were Washington's OOC schedule for 2014, would you be happy with it or unhappy with it?

8/30 South Dakota
9/06 Michigan State
9/13 Wyoming

Also, no the field, hardy har har or FO,G but those can be write-ins. Also, no middle option b/c OOCs are only either good or shitty.

Is this a good OOC schedule or a shitty OOC schedule? 30 votes

Good OOC Schedule
36%
whlinderPostGameOrangeSlicesMeekAtomicDawgdncdrogginsbeelzebubno_uhoregonblitzkriegGrundleStiltzkinPurpleTickler 11 votes
Shitty OOC Schedule
63%
DerekJohnsonHouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillApostleofGriefQuornDawgRoadDawg55[Deleted User]dhdawgPurpleJMcRibGladstoneMadHuskyThe_UndertakerSarkinghamCSEDawgpawzallpurpleallgoldwhatshouldicareaboutEsophagealFeces 19 votes

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    The typical acceptable model is A-B-C. Going by that standard, Michigan St-dreck-dreck qualifies as a shitty OOC schedule.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited April 2014
    Good OOC Schedule
    It's relative. In this era, and in a conference with 9 conference games, ACD is a pretty good non conference slate. It's miles better than the CCDE that UW put together this year. I wouldn't call it a good schedule but I'd call it good before I'd call it shitty.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shitty OOC Schedule

The typical acceptable model is A-B-C. Going by that standard, Michigan St-dreck-dreck qualifies as a shitty OOC schedule.

I called it ACD. Wyoming was in the lower half of the MWC. South Dakota went 4-8 against DI-AA competition last year.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Write-in vote for average. It's A-C-F. Oregon is still better than Washington at scheduling.
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    Hardy har har
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    Even Michigan St. I would say it depends on when it was scheduled. They have been good for a few years but they are not a traditional power. That's like a Big 10 team scheduling Cal for 2020, could end up being an A game or a B, Illinois type game.

Even Michigan St. I would say it depends on when it was scheduled. They have been good for a few years but they are not a traditional power. That's like a Big 10 team scheduling Cal for 2020, could end up being an A game or a B, Illinois type game.

Oregon scheduled them in March 2012 after back to back 11 win seasons for the Spartans.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shitty OOC Schedule

Write-in vote for average. It's A-C-F. Oregon is still better than Washington at scheduling.

You say that but Oregon's 2015 OOC has Eastern and Georgia State on it.

Then again, ours is getting worse with Boise State, Sacramento State then Utah State
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    Shitty OOC Schedule

Oregon scheduled them in March 2012 after back to back 11 win seasons for the Spartans.
    In that case I have to give them credit. Definitely an A game.

You say that but Oregon's 2015 OOC has Eastern, at Michigan State, and Georgia State on it.

Then again, ours is getting worse with Boise State, Sacramento State then Utah State
    They win again.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Good OOC Schedule
    I actually voted good because one of Race Bannon's dads coaches Wyoming and his other dad coaches at South Dakota.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    Michigan St. is unpredictable, so I voted shitty. Michigan, I'd say good. Why do you guys, for the 5,000 time, keep bashing Eastern? They would beat all the other teams on UW's OCC schedule.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good OOC Schedule
    That is a good schedule, it could be better. Anyone saying it's shitty is a fucking idiot. Our schedule this year is a shitty schedule; shitty schedules dont include ooc games against the rose bowl winner
    Shitty OOC Schedule

Michigan St. is unpredictable, so I voted shitty. Michigan, I'd say good. Why do you guys, for the 5,000 time, keep bashing Eastern? They would beat all the other teams on UW's OCC schedule.

B/c they're DI-AA and we're elitists

Yeah, they kicked Oregon State's ass last year, but they're still in the Big Sky. If they were in the MWC or Sun Belt or something and did that, they'd get more respect. If they had more than 63 scholarship players, they'd get more respect. If their record attendance was more than 11,702, they'd get more respect. If they had teams come to their home field to play (one of my criteria for being an A or B level team), then yeah, they'd be an A or B level team.

So yeah, Illinois is a B, Eastern is a C (Hawaii and Georgia State are Ds). I'm sure Eastern could kick Illinois' ass this year but it's equal about perception and strength, not just strength alone.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited April 2014
    Good OOC Schedule
    SD and Wyoming are shitty, but special consideration should be

In that case I have to give them credit. Definitely an A game.
    Oregon doesn't shy away from tuff OOC games. Took on LSU in the last minute a few years ago. Scheduled Georgia but those inbreds cancelled on us.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Write in: Shitty poll.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Poll flagged for no The Field or Hardy har har options.
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    Good OOC Schedule
    Oregon is stepping up big time Michigan State next 2 years, Nebraska h/h, Texas A and M h/h and Ohio State h/h too bad Georgia bailed those pussies!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    Oregon's schedule is an A, F, F as Wyoming is an F. Reminds me of UW's 1991 schedule of at Nebraska, Toledo and Kansas State who back then was an F.

UW's schedule is a C, D, F, F since Hawaii is coming off an 0-12 year I believe and in some bullshit conference.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Shitty OOC Schedule
    Illinois is a B? Fuck me!