Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salem, OR vs Seattle

12346»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,862 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I think HH needs to be a pro bono homeless/vagrant attorney.

That would ensure their demise!

The vast majority of these people live this way by choice! I dealt with them for nearly 30 years. They want to be there. For those that don't there is lots of help available.

Liberals say childish, naive things like "Nobody WANTS to be Homeless."

That's how you know liberals have never met a homeless person.
    edited May 2020

I vote we start throwing poo at them

I've got just the guy for it. He walks by our building all the time. He's affectionately known as shitbeard

I'll gladly pay taxes for that program.
    edited May 2020
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky wants more of your money to pay for things that help him chase the white guilt away.

White people aren't homeless. Who knew?
    Like I said in my post above.

If you want it so badly, pay for it.

Everyone wants Police, firemen, roads, schools, bridges, and airports. I’ll gladly pay taxes for that shit. Corporate welfare? Free needles for crackheads? Free healthcare for illegal aliens and fat fucks?

Hard pass.
    So you don't want any solution to homelessness that costs you any money; presumably looking at them and stepping over them is still a burden you'll bear if the alternative is spending money. blob wants to increase police and jail budgets to warehouse them, so you disagree with one another. Doogles is hoping they just die or are cured of homelessness spontaneously. Gasbag wants them, three at a time no less, to interview for jobs and immediately work full time, while homeless, convince a landlord to let (the three of) them take the lease, while homeless, and provide the landlord the references, credit scores, background checks and deposits required in order to make that case. Race and Doog are just concerned that any governmental role--outside of jailing them--is almost certain to lead us to Communism.

But you are willing to let me keep giving to various charities. Awesome! Thanks!

If you build it, they will come. The more we spend, the more there are. Dems run the West Coast, where the homeless problem and populations have exploded and rage out of control. And their answer is always the same: More Money.

Take the L, Libs. Your incompetent ways have failed miserably as the problem continues to grow on your watch, under your policies, with no end in sight.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky wants more of your money to pay for things that help him chase the white guilt away.

White people aren't homeless. Who knew?
    Like I said in my post above.

If you want it so badly, pay for it.

Everyone wants Police, firemen, roads, schools, bridges, and airports. I’ll gladly pay taxes for that shit. Corporate welfare? Free needles for crackheads? Free healthcare for illegal aliens and fat fucks?

Hard pass.
    So you don't want any solution to homelessness that costs you any money; presumably looking at them and stepping over them is still a burden you'll bear if the alternative is spending money. blob wants to increase police and jail budgets to warehouse them, so you disagree with one another. Doogles is hoping they just die or are cured of homelessness spontaneously. Gasbag wants them, three at a time no less, to interview for jobs and immediately work full time, while homeless, convince a landlord to let (the three of) them take the lease, while homeless, and provide the landlord the references, credit scores, background checks and deposits required in order to make that case. Race and Doog are just concerned that any governmental role--outside of jailing them--is almost certain to lead us to Communism.

But you are willing to let me keep giving to various charities. Awesome! Thanks!

If you build it, they will come. The more we spend, the more there are. Dems run the West Coast, where the homeless problem and populations have exploded and rages out of control. And their answer is always the same: More Money.

Take the L, Libs. Your incompetent ways have failed miserably as the problem continues to grow on your watch, under your policies, with no end in sight.
    If we get more poor and desperate 25 year old "undocumented" the problem will work itself out
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,326 Swaye's Wigwam
    So glad I live in a place that doesn’t allow homelessness
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,056 Standard Supporter
    Every state had very large mental hospitals housing a lot of patients. They are all gone. Yet people wonder about the loons and holeless wondering the street?

Most have mental problems and are drunks or addicts.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,980
    Sledog said:

Every state had very large mental hospitals housing a lot of patients. They are all gone. Yet people wonder about the loons and holeless wondering the street?

Most have mental problems and are drunks or addicts.

That’s no secret to anyone. The trope that homeless are all just lazy pieces of shit is not true, in many cases.

That said, there has to be consequences for shitting In the street and Exposing yourself to passer-bys in front of Nordstrom. Otherwise, you’re just encouraging bad behaviour. We need to do a better job with our homeless population, and part of that is understanding that, like rewarding a small child with candy for not doing what they should be doing, setting up needle exchanges instead of enforcing basic law is rewarding this population segment, in many ways.

At the very least, if we are going to help them kill themselves, let’s not do it on the most important commercial real estate in the city. It’s one thing to light a tire fire in the neighborhood green space. It’s another thing entirely to do it in your living room.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    We all know how fast a “City” can be built.

Plenty of federal land with cheap electricity and water around Mattawa or Ephrata. Service/support staff could be brought out. Stabilize, diagnose, treat, feed, bathe, clothe, Reprogram, retrain and ease them back into society.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,509 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

Plenty of federal land with cheap electricity and water around Mattawa or Ephrata. Service/support staff could be brought out. Stabilize, diagnose, treat, feed, bathe, clothe, Reprogram, retrain and ease them back into society.

Quit plagiarism my shit, fucko.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824
    doogie said:

You had me until the last phrase.

I say just pull an Oklahoma and leave them there. Airdrop some food stuffs and let them sort it out.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    salemcoog said:

doogie said:

I say just pull an Oklahoma and leave them there. Airdrop some food stuffs and let them sort it out.
    The Indian Removal blueprint is tanned, rested, and ready.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

We may as well get some positive effects from our current Police State.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

We may as well get some positive effects from our current Police State.
    I already made my call for genocide (and got away with it too, take that MODS!).
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,352
    Sledog said:

The vast majority of these people live this way by choice! I dealt with them for nearly 30 years. They want to be there.

Even if that were true of a majority--and it's not--who the fuck cares whether any of them want to live on the street? I'm not a libertarian and I'm okay with denying them that choice.