Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,460 Founders Club
https://foxnews.com/media/president-trump-ahmaud-arbery-case-calls-video-very-disturbing-situation

President Trump said on Friday that the video showing the killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia was “disturbing" to watch, expressing confidence in authorities to make sure the case is handled properly.

“I looked at a picture of that young man. He was in a tuxedo … I will say that that looks like a really good young guy,” Trump told "Fox & Friends."

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    AAAARRRRGHHH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Link proves that white supremacy was the motive.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    “Justice getting done is the thing that solves the [racial problem].

I wondered what was in the brackets, so I looked elsewhere and found this from the BBC:

When asked about the racial issues at play in the case, the president said "justice getting done is the thing that solves that problem".

Does the Tug think race has anything whatsoever to do with it? Is Trump wrong?

I wondered what was in the brackets, so I looked elsewhere and found this from the BBC:

When asked about the racial issues at play in the case, the president said "justice getting done is the thing that solves that problem".

At this point we don't know if race had anything to do with this guy getting killed, but according to Tommy and his "life experiences" white supremacy was the motive behind this killing.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Allegedly there is a home security video that shows the murdered guy trying to break into a home in the neighborhood minutes before the confrontation. Not that it makes shooting him at all a reasonable reaction for an alleged attempted property crime.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/gbi-reviewing-new-video-footage-ahmaud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/amp.html
    SFGbob said:

At this point we don't know if race had anything to do with this guy getting killed, but according to Tommy and his "life experiences" white supremacy was the motive behind this killing.
    Am I missing some sort of Gotcha! in the generic comment by Trump that was bolded?

Allegedly there is a home security video that shows the murdered guy trying to break into a home in the neighborhood minutes before the confrontation. Not that it makes shooting him at all a reasonable reaction for an alleged attempted property crime.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/gbi-reviewing-new-video-footage-ahmaud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/amp.html

White supremacy was the motive. It's clear as day, just ask Tommy.
    SFGbob said:

Those two should rot in prison. There is zero need to have a gun on Arbery even if he was, and I’m not saying he was, trying to break and enter into a house. Take a freaking cell phone pic of him, call the cops and send it to them, and go home to screw your cousin-wife.

SFGbob said:

Those two should rot in prison. There is zero need to have a gun on Arbery even if he was, and I’m not saying he was, trying to break and enter into a house. Take a freaking cell phone pic of him, call the cops and send it to them, and go home to screw your cousin-wife.
    Completely agree. They need to go to jail. But that won't stop the racial arsonist like Tommy from spouting bullshit about how he "knows" their motive was white supremacy.

Btw, what these guy actually did is what the left lies about and claims Zimmerman did to Trademark.

SFGbob said:

Am I missing some sort of Gotcha! in the generic comment by Trump that was bolded?
    Only if you’re looking for it.

It wasn’t generic. He was quoted and someone inserted the word racial” in hard brackets. I looked up the real quote to confirm whether Trump was acknowledging the potential role of race In what transpired.

He was.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    if Trump said what was in your post about 'justice taking care of it' I think that is a good response.
    He could have pulled an Obama and said the shooter could be his kid, which would not have gone over very well.

I think @RaceBannon was either laying carpet or smoking a 'cigar" at that time so he wasn't involved imho

Nope. Unless the agenda is to atone for past injustices - then 2 pounds of flesh are better than 1.

We are a nation of laws. There is a procedure and protocol to arrest, bringing charges, walking through the justice system and ultimately being tried by a jury of one's peers.

Otherwise everything is objective and some mysterious 'they' is determining who is and isn't essential.

edited May 2020

SFGbob said:

It wasn’t generic. He was quoted and someone inserted the word racial” in hard brackets. I looked up the real quote to confirm whether Trump was acknowledging the potential role of race In what transpired.

He was.

He answered a question in a throw-away answer without taking a position. Do you need Trump to say race definitely wasn’t a factor? Centrist, my ass. You’re a Fraud but YOU LIVE HERE! Nowhere did Trump say race was a factor. He punted, as smart people do. He should have said the wannabe cops acted stupidly? You’re not bright. At. All.

SFGbob said:

He was.

He answered a question in a throw-away answer without taking a position. Do you need Trump to say race definitely wasn’t a factor? Centrist, my ass. You’re a Fraud but YOU LIVE HERE! Nowhere did Trump say race was a factor. He punted, as smart people do. He should have said the wannabe cops acted stupidly? You’re not bright. At. All.
    Lol. Ok Corky. Sounds like you’ve got your Trump reads down. I don’t need Trump to say anything. You sound paranoid and defensive.

But association!!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I did see an interesting comment about this one -
    White guy kills white guy = murder
    black guy kills black guy = murder
    black guy kills white guy = murder
    white guy kills black guy = racism

The guy was not out jogging unless he was jogging from empty house to empty house. The guys in the truck murdered the guy, even if the guy was dumb enough to try and take a weapon from them.

What is the real issue here? Civillian arrests? Racism? or as the race-baiting Lebron suggests - open season on blacks out jogging?

I think civilian arrest attempt went too far - those idiots just needed to call the cops who would not show up.

and I am glad Trump is keeping out of it for the most part
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    So the new video today released by the AJC shows a person who resembles Abery entering a house that's under construction. The person is wearing the same clothing and it happens at the same part of the day as the rest of the situation. If the father and son saw it happen then they had the right by Georgia Law to confront him until police arrived. Sounds like they were on the phone with 911 so their goal was to have him arrested- since most folks don't call the cops when they intend to shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of the street.

It would appear the narrative of the "Modern Day Lynching" (stated by our lovely mayor here in ATL) is not accurate. I haven't seen any evidence the father or son are white supremacists as they are being labeled throughout social media. The dad was part of law enforcement for 30 years and doesn't appear to have any complaints regarding his work. Sorry they both have pale skin and most likely wear jorts to the beach but that doesn't make them racists it just makes them rednecks and those are not the same thing.

Just like Covington Catholic and a dozen other 15 second clips, there seems to be more to the story. And just like CC, the press works hard build up a frenzy and don't bother to see if there is another side to the situation. I just got done mowing my lawn and I'm positive at least three or four cameras on my street can confirm this. With this being the situation in much of America, the press still rushed with the story.

Not saying these guys aren't guilty of something. You can't brandish a weapon and get away with it- but I don't see them aim at him and the the gun goes off during a struggle. If the DA tries for murder they will walk. Something less may stick IMHO. If anything needs to be investigated it's the feet dragging within the country offices that didn't bring them in for questioning at the very least. Maybe they saw all video and deemed it justifiable- which in my opinion would be wrong. But it needs to be reviewed at the very least and maybe we look at legislation that brings about new process when a current or former law enforcement officer is involved in a potential felony. Maybe that goes directly to the state to have the best chance at an impartial review.

Regardless, "Jogging While Black" is the new "Hands up Don't Shoot".
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    I'm pretty sure jogging is a white people thing

I'm pretty sure jogging is a white people thing

Except for the Kenyans. Those motherfuckers can run forever.....