Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can Someone Remind Me

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited May 2020 in Tug Tavern
why my property tax bill hasn't gone down since the schools are shut down indefinitely?

are saintly teachers (who, btw, you realize after raising kids are not as a group as saintly as their reps suggest) immune from furlough?

axin' for a fren. I myself love paying thousands and thousands of dollars in taxes for the privilege of living in a house on a plot of land I paid for.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

why my property tax bill hasn't gone down since the schools are shut down indefinitely?

are saintly teachers (who, btw, you realize after raising kids are not as a group as saintly as their reps suggest) immune from furlough?

axin' for a fren. I myself love paying thousands and thousands of dollars in taxes for the privilege of living in a house on a plot of land I paid for.

Teachers are slutty and love to party and bone.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They are working diligently at home with their students online. Working harder than ever. I’m hearing they are even more heros than we thought because patents are now seeing how hard it is to teach and they had to get up to speed with online school in really short order.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Teachers are mostly losers. Dumb chicks looking to get wifed up by a rich guy and weird pedophiles.

It's the world's easiest job and they are probably overpaid.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Just received my first paycheck with the 40% salary reduction. Knowing that the government employees that I pay for haven't missed a paycheck and are still receiving their full benefits and pay, gives me a warm feeling inside.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

They are working diligently at home with their students online. Working harder than ever. I’m hearing they are even more heros than we thought because patents are now seeing how hard it is to teach and they had to get up to speed with online school in really short order.

Are people flyin' around?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Teachers are mostly losers. Dumb chicks looking to get wifed up by a rich guy and weird pedophiles.

When you were in school were the best abs the brightest getting teaching degrees? That’s what I thought.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,355
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Just received my first paycheck with the 40% salary reduction. Knowing that the government employees that I pay for haven't missed a paycheck and are still receiving their full benefits and pay, gives me a warm feeling inside.
    That warm water running down your back isn't rain
  • Options

When you were in school were the best abs the brightest getting teaching degrees? That’s what I thought.
    The hot ones were doing that or nursing
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m also working harder than ever from home, I between all the family time and naps
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Is quite obvious to me that many of those who work in government have no clue who actually pays their salaries and pensions. Mocking people who want to save work and feed their families is basically Twitter right now.

A nation of public union morons. Once NEW NORMAL hits, take away their pensions. Or, protest and harass these leeches and make their lives miserable.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
    Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
    If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

The property tax dollars are the only ones coming in. We'll be lucky if we don't get gored even worse by the taxman via property taxes to make up for this covid debacle. Back then, they were squawking about 5 percent. lol
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,355
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think 5% is what they got to keep
  • Options
    So many girls are going to be banging for roof.

"Don't worry Gilmore, grandma can come live with me. Be my maid "
  • Options

SFGbob said:

That warm water running down your back isn't rain
    The arrogance of the mostly useless public workers and their unions on the west coast is going to make some bad things happen. I’m paying for my government neighbors to sit on their asses and collect paychecks and retirement as many business people I know are starting to consider pulling out of the 401k or stock retirement.

This shit is going to reach a boiling point by Memorial Day if the mass graves and bodies stack like cordwood continue to be a hoax.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m also working harder than ever from home, I between all the family time and naps

*drinking and naps
  • Options

I have a Vancouver WA friend who is somewhat of a big Portland sports radio guy bitching to me because his mortgage company said they will backload 6 months of mortgage instead of just absolving it. Does makes mid-100s to talk sports. His property taxes are tied into his mortgage, as sane people do. He’s a huge liberal and I told him to not pay his monthly property tax for the time he doesn’t pay his mortgage and tell me who is more lenient about it.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have a Vancouver WA friend who is somewhat of a big Portland sports radio guy bitching to me because his mortgage company said they will backload 6 months of mortgage instead of just absolving it. Does makes mid-100s to talk sports. His property taxes are tied into his mortgage, as sane people do. He’s a huge liberal and I told him to not pay his monthly property tax for the time he doesn’t pay his mortgage and tell me who is more lenient about it.

Jason Scukanec?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,910
    Standard Supporter
    Has to be. Pretty big social justice warrior for an ex-Mormon. I'm guessing that radio stations like local newspapers have taken it in the shorts for local ad revenue. Plus no local sports, particularly Blazers to tune into. I haven't listed to the FAN since the NBA shutdown. Would think their ratings are down. On the other hand, working at home I can watch/listen to the national sports shows who have loaded up on NFL and college football and the draft.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Has to be. Pretty big social justice warrior for an ex-Mormon. I'm guessing that radio stations like local newspapers have taken it in the shorts for local ad revenue. Plus no local sports, particularly Blazers to tune into. I haven't listed to the FAN since the NBA shutdown. Would think their ratings are down. On the other hand, working at home I can watch/listen to the national sports shows who have loaded up on NFL and college football and the draft.

Didn’t his wife die or something
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,910
    Standard Supporter
    She was Korean and she did die suddenly about four years ago from something. Never really reported the reason. He started drinking sometime after that after being a good Mormon.