Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hundreds of protesters, some carrying guns, Storm Michigan State Capitol

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I've never understood the urge to show up with weapons. Show up with your dick in your hands instead; less likely to have an unfortunate accident.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Are you recommending they shoot the police officers?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BayDawg said:

Blue lives matter until you want a haircut
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

BayDawg said:

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

Reading comprehension is difficult for you, huh?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's the American way and it's why we're citizens and bout subjects. The fascists seen scared. Mrs. Hitler in Michigan is going to double down.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    No, I comprehended just fine. Just doesnt seem like good advice.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BayDawg said:

Strawman much?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWin definitely rooting for the away team. Liberty and freedom is very upsetting to the sheep.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I've never understood the urge to show up with weapons. Show up with your dick in your hands instead; less likely to have an unfortunate accident.

It's like you don't even know me.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USMChawk said:

BayDawg said:

It was your fault for not saying "don't twist".
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

BayDawg said:

It was your fault for not saying "don't twist".
    True. I should have spelled out the Kent State part a little more. I just assumed he knew history.
  • Options

Protesting gun control. Imagine that

USMChawk said:

If you show up to legally protest, and the governor decides to illegally have the State Patrol remove you, will the State Patrolmen be armed? Will they be constrained or will they go Kent State on you? Yes, one choice is to sue and have your day in court but there is another choice. It’s a hard choice, and definitely a life changer, but the second amendment is there to protect individuals from government overreach.
    Eh, I understand the 2nd Amendment. Really, I do.

The Tug needs to re-read my post. There's a difference between what you can legally do and what you should do. Just like there's a difference between good and bad style. I can't give you the math on bad style, but I know it when I see it.

Showing up to your state capital with a semi-automatic (or whatever - I don't care) weapon, covering your face like a fucking Islamic Terrorist coward, is bad style and those people can't hang out with me, which of course is their loss because everybody wants to hang out with me.

Let me put it to you this way. If I say I'm going to kick your ass, when you see, something's going to happen. If I say I'm going to sue you, you'd better lawyer up. If I say I'm going to fuck your wife, you should check her phone. These poser faggots aren't going to do shit, except that if this happens enough, one of them is going to accidentally fuck something or someone up.

IOW, I'm quite certain that most of these yelling, screaming, gun'd up, under-educated and under-employed yahoos are about as sincere and ready to rumble as this chick:

Also, black protestors showing up with guns is no better, but otherwise not a comparison I'd make myself.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BayDawg said:

You'll never have to worry. Guns petrify you.
  • Options

I miss when the government protected the rights of its citizenry.

Although I am, without dispute, on record as not being a huge fan of the government, I would argue it still does. People protest a wide range of shit in this country literally every single day. It never, ever stops. And when you see it, there are always armed forces of some stripe standing by facilitating it.

There comes a point, and there has always come a point, when a protest morphs into a mindless mob. At that point, we have a police force, unless you want to argue that we shouldn't have a police force. Nothing new happening here IMHO.

I'll be clear about this: people can protest all they want, for whatever they want, for as long as they want. How they do it has always been, and will always be, the tricky part and there is no escape from judgment, even in the reactionary Tug. Destruction of property? No. Harming others? No. Threatening others? That's where it gets difficult.

So all we're talking about here is style. What's your style? Mine is to show up and say what I have to say and then go get a beer and get back to work. If it's my protest, I don't want weekend warrior dumb fucks dressed up like they're going to do something when, in fact, they're not going to do anything. They never do. It's a stupid show for mostly men with small cocks.

If I'm being honest, I find 'those' people to not be my kind of people and I'd rather they not show up to my parties or my protests. It is my inalienable right to feel this way; don't tread on my opinions ese.

I'm giving it to you straight as you would expect from me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I miss when the government protected the rights of its citizenry.

Although I am, without dispute, on record as not being a huge fan of the government, I would argue it still does. People protest a wide range of shit in this country literally every single day. It never, ever stops. And when you see it, there are always armed forces of some stripe standing by facilitating it.

There comes a point, and there has always come a point, when a protest morphs into a mindless mob. At that point, we have a police force, unless you want to argue that we shouldn't have a police force. Nothing new happening here IMHO.

I'll be clear about this: people can protest all they want, for whatever they want, for as long as they want. How they do it has always been, and will always be, the tricky part and there is no escape from judgment, even in the reactionary Tug. Destruction of property? No. Harming others? No. Threatening others? That's where it gets difficult.

So all we're talking about here is style. What's your style? Mine is to show up and say what I have to say and then go get a beer and get back to work. If it's my protest, I don't want weekend warrior dumb fucks dressed up like they're going to do something when, in fact, they're not going to do anything. They never do. It's a stupid show for mostly men with small cocks.

If I'm being honest, I find 'those' people to not be my kind of people and I'd rather they not show up to my parties or my protests. It is my inalienable right to feel this way; don't tread on my opinions ese.

I'm giving it to you straight as you would expect from me.
    That's all dandy until the government doesn't give two shits about what you have to say and continues on a non-constitutional course.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    USMChawk said:

If you show up to legally protest, and the governor decides to illegally have the State Patrol remove you, will the State Patrolmen be armed? Will they be constrained or will they go Kent State on you? Yes, one choice is to sue and have your day in court but there is another choice. It’s a hard choice, and definitely a life changer, but the second amendment is there to protect individuals from government overreach.
    And, yes, sue to sort out who illegally did what to whom. It's worked before. If by "hard choice", you mean actually using force? Uh, yeah, again, use the courts instead of shooting people. No brainer.

If by "hard choice" you mean showing up with a gun? My POS neighbor who's afraid to even say hello to me could do that. There's nothing hard about it at all.