Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus Relief Often Pays Workers More Than Work

Comments

• Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    what a travesty...
    of all the problems this country has, this is not one of them.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2020

what a travesty...

And that’s why you will always be enslaved.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020

what a travesty...

If you don’t think paying people more to not work than to work is a problem, then I can’t help you.
    if they are receiving more in unemployment than they were while employed, that means they were probably working for a shit wage.
    No I don't think some people in the working class getting a few extra dollars temporarily is a big problem. Large companies like cruise lines and Ruth's Chris getting public money is.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

what a travesty...

If you don’t think paying people more to not work than to work is a problem, then I can’t help you.
    if they are receiving more in unemployment than they were while employed, that means they were probably working for a shit wage.
    No I don't think some people in the working class getting a few extra dollars temporarily is a big problem. Large companies like cruise lines and Ruth's Chris getting public money is.
    At the expense of who?

Large companies shouldn’t have gotten anything, but the issues are separate. Given your past posts, I doubt you can figure that out.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2020

what a travesty...

Large companies shouldn’t get money I agree. Workers also shouldn’t be incentivized to not work. It falls into line with people getting tax refunds higher than the amount they actually paid in said year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

what a travesty...

Biggest issue is removing political pressure to #OpenUp.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

what a travesty...

Fuckin reddit level poast.

Reddit level poaster.

They were working for a shit wage because they have shit skills. So when things open up and the restaurant needs their dishwasher back, guess who isn't coming back to work when they are taking home 3 times the money that they did while working.

Did you graduate high school btw?

Or are you and @baydawg home schoolers?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

what a travesty...

I always wondered if you were retarded. Now I know.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,440
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the meat packer response to Trump is nobody will work for us

I have an idea how to fix that. Involves not doubling UI payments for people who refuse to work
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump ordered the Sick Covid workers back to work.

Enjoy your Rib steak.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sausage Fried, People Died
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    Standard Supporter
    Not sure they are getting sick at work. Generally Hispanics with large families, many times with multiple families sharing a residence. Also more prone to socialize.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not sure they are getting sick at work. Generally Hispanics with large families, many times with multiple families sharing a residence. Also more prone to socialize.

Yep. Woodburn Gervais Brooks and East Salem are the hotspots in Oregon.

All over 60% beaners.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I thought unemployment paid a percentage of what you earned at your job. How do you end up getting more? Honest question. I have no idea how unemployment works apparently.
  • Options
    +$600 week Trump Vote Bonus
  • Options
    I’m hearing rumors @Yusef_#1Uberdriver is making out like a Bandit swimming in Bailout dollars
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm not defending it, but it was based on some sort of median income. They needed to do something quickly in their eyes since it was Armageddon thanks to Chinese Sniffles. It would take months to calculate it for every single worker. So if you did it on a case by case basis, people would get the bump on June 15th when they're already back to work.