Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California ER Docs Call Bullshit. Shelter-In-Place Prevents Herd Immunity. Hello Disease Waves!!

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So a garage owner thinks people should still get their cars fixed. This isn't about science.

The irony

Two businessmen think people should flock to their clinic. Stop the presses!
    They’re a couple of ER docs, you goddamned imbecile. They don’t get paid more for voluming out their clinic.
    Medicine isn't a business? Who knew?
    Is this where you realize how stupid your comment was and flip a coin between pivoting your argument or digging your obtuse heels in?

Neither of those guys have anything to gain by more people getting sick. ER docs are salaried HCPs, who work shifts for their hospital employer and clock in/out. They aren’t private practice neuro surgeons working off of fee per service. They have negative incentive to see more ambos rolling in with flu patients.

I doubt any businessman who wants to do more business hopes more of his customers get sick. The two doctors own the clinic. Their business is down. What part of free enterprise confuses you most?
    Once again. ER docs are just that. Emergency docs. If they own their own clinic, then they contract out on a fee per shift basis with local HCS. They do t get paid more if more sick people come through the doors. They don’t have a specialty clinic that people come to for electives. There is very little incentive for them to lie.

You don’t know how this works, so probably best to just shut your pie hole for a few minutes while the adults talk and maybe you’ll get desert and an extra 20min before bedtime.
    You assume everyone who says some dumbass thing is lying. I just assume most of you are dumbasses, not liars.
    Oh so you’ve decided to pivot then. Got it. Have a nice day, counselor.
    They latched onto a dumbass comparison of their clientelle to the general population. I'm sure they believe it, because they want to. There's a strong urge to believe things that are too good to be true. Lying is a little different.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/28/california-doctors-with-dubious-covid-conclusions-debunked/

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling. He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates in reality are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

Another bullshit article. They didn't use their own numbers to extrapolate the data. They used the results of antibody tests in different regions and then extrapolated the % of those tested positive for antibodies by the population area in which they were taken. They weren't claimed to be hard numbers, just extrapolation of given data. And gee imagine someone from the UW, who has screwed the pooch at every turn with their fucktarded model coming out to say it's all wrong. Imagine that And then some other Association Medicrats who haven't practiced medicine in 20 years or maybe ever comes out against it.

It's real sad when someone like yourself can't tell that you're being lied to and being set up for re education and re distribution by your own heroes.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/28/california-doctors-with-dubious-covid-conclusions-debunked/

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling. He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates in reality are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

Another bullshit article. They didn't use their own numbers to extrapolate the data. They used the results of antibody tests in different regions and then extrapolated the % of those tested positive for antibodies by the population area in which they were taken. They weren't claimed to be hard numbers, just extrapolation of given data. And gee imagine someone from the UW, who has screwed the pooch at every turn with their fucktarded model coming out to say it's all wrong. Imagine that And then some other Association Medicrats who haven't practiced medicine in 20 years or maybe ever comes out against it.

It's real sad when someone like yourself can't tell that you're being lied to and being set up for re education and re distribution by your own heroes.
    One of you gals want to take a swing at explaining, with specifics, this bashing of the UW model you're all so fond of repeating?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The counselor is a one trick pony - he fears tort reform and the dent it would put into ambulance chasing. That's why he votes dem. Attorneys are the second largest contributor to the dems for a reason.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

One of you gals want to take a swing at explaining, with specifics, this bashing of the UW model you're all so fond of repeating?
    I won't spoon feed you facts that you can look up for yourself. And as much as you beg, I won't put my cock in your mouth. You'd probably fuck that up too with teeth on the backside.
  • Options

The counselor is a one trick pony - he fears tort reform and the dent it would put into ambulance chasing. That's why he votes dem. Attorneys are the second largest contributor to the dems for a reason.

Lazy effort, Gasbag.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    HHusky said:

But a UW Biologist says...........

PhD vs MD. Real Battle of the Experts there, RacistH. Kreist.

Is every one of your clients dying in prison, or what?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

HHusky said:

Theorist >>> Practitioner potd
    My Extrapolations >>> Your Extrapolations
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

It USED to be about fending off Tort Reform. Now it's all about suing for misuse of pronouns and suing governments for anything and everything possible.

Frankly, I miss when it was just ambulance chasing. They were greedy AF, but at least you could be safe and manages risks, unlike today, where diversity officers run everything into the ground.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,844
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Expert disagree with this expert opinion

The policies need to be dictated by science, not politics
    Why are leftists trying to impose their values on other people's bodies? Shouldn't people be able to consult with their doctors an be able to make decisions with them on what they should be able to do with their own body?

Holy fuck. This is the richest pile of hypocritical shit of all time. Right leaning folks say alot of things I totally agree with, but c'mon. This defeats any good argument you ever make. Stick to the economy.

Roe v Wade? Did you read what you wrote? Isn't this exactly the same thing? Imposing their values and beliefs on other people's bodies? And before you go off on baby killer, blah blah blah, I'm against abortion personally, but I am passionately not in favor of telling other people what they can and cant do with their own body. It's called pro-choice, not pro-abortion. Maybe I am missing something, but my god.
    Fuck Roe v. Wade

• Options
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

I won't spoon feed you facts that you can look up for yourself. And as much as you beg, I won't put my cock in your mouth. You'd probably fuck that up too with teeth on the backside.
    So you can’t. That’s what I thought.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Why are leftists trying to impose their values on other people's bodies? Shouldn't people be able to consult with their doctors an be able to make decisions with them on what they should be able to do with their own body?

Holy fuck. This is the richest pile of hypocritical shit of all time. Right leaning folks say alot of things I totally agree with, but c'mon. This defeats any good argument you ever make. Stick to the economy.

Roe v Wade? Did you read what you wrote? Isn't this exactly the same thing? Imposing their values and beliefs on other people's bodies? And before you go off on baby killer, blah blah blah, I'm against abortion personally, but I am passionately not in favor of telling other people what they can and cant do with their own body. It's called pro-choice, not pro-abortion. Maybe I am missing something, but my god.
    Calm down turbo. He didn't mention abortion.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

He's right, they are a self selected sample of the sickest and most impacted people from a pandemic. They aren't at all representative of the larger healthier population.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

No he didnt. Which is my point exactly. He was calling out the lefties for projecting there 'values and beliefs' on other people's bodies. You seem like a smart enough guy, that doesn't sound like what the Evangelical 'righties' do to young women in this country regarding abortion?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

No he didnt. Which is my point exactly. He was calling out the lefties for projecting there 'values and beliefs' on other people's bodies. You seem like a smart enough guy, that doesn't sound like what the Evangelical 'righties' do to young women in this country regarding abortion?
    I think you got whooshed
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

JFC. He was mocking leftists for being hypocrites. Have a drink
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

SFGbob said:

I think you got whooshed
    No shit. Baydawg needs to PM IrishDawg.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I agree with Nate that people need to stop predicting the apocalypse if some restrictions are loosened. Some restrictions will remain in place, and people, specifically older people who have more financial security anyway, will continue to stay home and act with caution.

These doomsday articles/models make it more difficult to pinpoint mistakes and specific restrictions that need to stay in place because idiots can just say "Well the model predicted a million deaths so I think we're doing just fine."
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, the original Experts Model predicted about 50,000 dead in Georgia so sounds like Gov Abrams is playing with House money