Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Post Malone Nirvana set

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I thought this wouldn’t be very good when I heard about it, but it is good. Really good.

Blown away honestly. Grohl, Novoselic, Post Malone tour should happen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    jecornel said:

I thought this wouldn’t be very good when I heard about it, but it is good. Really good.

Warning: Way too in depth analysis to follow.

Not a Post Malone fan at all going into this but I watched probably two thirds of it.

Things I liked from what I saw:

1. Impressive range of NIrvana's catalogue. Covered the punk to the acoustic ballads and covered them well. iIthium, About A Girl and In Bloom were my favorites. Stay Away was a great choice for a quarantine anthem. I laffed. Something In The Way sounded great. Did not expect the violin in this setting. Really well done.

2. The team he put together was legit. Guitars were on point, and harmonies all sounded really good. Violin was excellent as noted above.

3. Dude seemed like he was genuinely enjoying himself. He has some charisma.

4. Travis. Barker. Obvs.

Things I didn't like:

1.Talking in between every song. At some point shut up and rip it for two or three songs at least.

2. Shouted out Courtney Love. Not the way to endear yourself to Krist or Dave. Or Nirvana fans.

3. Not playing SLTS. Would have loved to hear All Apologies but I get not just wanting to just cover all the hits and I appreciate it. But you can't do a Nirvana tribute without the one song most of the generation you're sharing it with might recognize, not to mention the song that made Nirvana. Leaving it out was some hipster shit.

Overall, surprisingly legitimate tribute. Nirvana's not the most technically difficult music but it's not the easiest stuff to cover well either (shoutout Wes Scantlin!). Glad to see their stuff introduced to a new generation of fans. Don't hate your idea about a tour with Grohl and Novoselic at some point if he can shut up about Courtney. He was that good.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dumb to Post Malone. The Mailman was always best in the pick and roll action with Stockton.

WTF is Post Malone?

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He nailed the shitty Cobain vocals. 2 points for him.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

jecornel said:

Warning: Way too in depth analysis to follow.

Not a Post Malone fan at all going into this but I watched probably two thirds of it.

Things I liked from what I saw:

1. Impressive range of NIrvana's catalogue. Covered the punk to the acoustic ballads and covered them well. iIthium, About A Girl and In Bloom were my favorites. Stay Away was a great choice for a quarantine anthem. I laffed. Something In The Way sounded great. Did not expect the violin in this setting. Really well done.

2. The team he put together was legit. Guitars were on point, and harmonies all sounded really good. Violin was excellent as noted above.

3. Dude seemed like he was genuinely enjoying himself. He has some charisma.

4. Travis. Barker. Obvs.

Things I didn't like:

1.Talking in between every song. At some point shut up and rip it for two or three songs at least.

2. Shouted out Courtney Love. Not the way to endear yourself to Krist or Dave. Or Nirvana fans.

3. Not playing SLTS. Would have loved to hear All Apologies but I get not just wanting to just cover all the hits and I appreciate it. But you can't do a Nirvana tribute without the one song most of the generation you're sharing it with might recognize, not to mention the song that made Nirvana. Leaving it out was some hipster shit.

Overall, surprisingly legitimate tribute. Nirvana's not the most technically difficult music but it's not the easiest stuff to cover well either (shoutout Wes Scantlin!). Glad to see their stuff introduced to a new generation of fans. Don't hate your idea about a tour with Grohl and Novoselic at some point if he can shut up about Courtney. He was that good.
    Good chit!