Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Found this on wearesc.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

If we're going to turn this thread into a discrimination thread about Armenians I'm out

I'm still IN if we want to turn this into a discrimination thread.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sark wasn't a bad coach at Washington, he was average. The biggest problem was that doogsFS hailed him as being great without ever demanding he actually achieve anything great, first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Sark wasn't a bad coach at Washington, he was average. The biggest problem was that doogsFS hailed him as being great without ever demanding he actually achieve anything great, first.

No he was a bad coach at Washington. Going 24-21 in conference with the talent he had is a bad coach.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,888
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No he was a bad coach at Washington. Going 24-21 in conference with the talent he had is a bad coach.
    He underachieved with what he had from 2011 onward for sure. Warshington on average was something like 5-7 recruiting spots lower than whOregon from 2010 to 2013. That's what's so ridiculous about all the blowouts.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I lost a ton of respect for Sark after that.

Please tell me you never had a ton of respect for him to lose.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I was underwhelmed with the hire initially ... actually gave credit for his ability to lure Nick Holt's AWESOMENESS to Seattle simply as it related to his ability to spin that publicly. I definitely was more of a wait and see kind of guy on Sark but willing to give him the benefit of a doubt until I had more evidence to judge him on.

I heard a lot of stuff about him off the field and none of it was ever flattering. The more time passed, the more his ability as a head coach became unflattering.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sark had Chris Polk

• Options
    "It wasn't Holt's fault our D sucked, our Offense scored to quickly and didn't give the D a long enough gatorade break."

Name that fucktard:
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If we're going to turn this thread into a discrimination thread about Armenians I'm out

". . . but which coach would HUGH prefer?!!!one!!!eleven111!!!?"
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I'm going to take some heat for saying this, but Sark is not a bad coach.

He is lazy, immature, and overrated as a play caller.

What we overlook is at the age of 34 he took over one of the top football programs in the country (revenue, size, conference, etc) and didn't run it into the ground.

0-12 was not 0-12 ... it was still a bad culture and could have easily been in the shits for years.

If the guy had discipline, maybe paid his dues a little more and been focused, he likely would have been above average.

At SC I fully expect him to win 9-10-11 games a year. The equivalent to average at Washington. Just enough to make the naive believe in him ... piss off those who know better ... and not justify a buy out by firing.

He will never out coach a good coach, he'll never out hustle a worker coach, and he'll beat average coaches and beat the shit out of bad coaches.

As the famous Race Bannon says ... you are what your record says you are ... and it fully applies to Sark.

A below average coach who feasts on weak competition and has a great agent and a charming smile.

I like to be topdawgncfs and say a coach isn't a bad coach while also saying he's a below average coach in the same poast, TWILTD.

Below average = bad.

hth
    Bad is Tyrone Willingham

Below average is Sark

One destroyed a program ... the other survived.

HTH
    Tyrone Willingham achieved more at Stanford than Sark did at UW. Now, Sark is at USC which is comparable to Ty at Notre Dame. Sark will get a quick hook at USC like Ty did at ND. Then Sark will take over a downtrodden program. He will run it into the ground, just like Tyrone did. I'm calling it now. They are more similar than you think.
    Thank you! I've been screaming Sark is Ty for a couple years. I hadn't thought of the USC/Notre Dame comparison though. There is no doubt that the scenario you just laid out will happen.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    IN for the Armenian bashing

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You can't fire Sarkisian ... you might end up with a worse coach.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

You can't fire Sarkisian ... you might end up with a worse coach.

Damn I should have included that one on my Doogism list. A classic.

• Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Couple of points, he is a shitty head coach, we all know it despite what some talking heads believe, secondly, the USC fans will not put up with mediocrity for long, it will be a short tenure unless Haden keeps him around out of loyalty, and lastly, he might have a few bucks but wait until Mrs. Sark dumps him and the California divorce attorneys get though with him. My guess is he ends up a QB coach at the pro level.