Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sweet 16 - Comedy / Sitcoms / Soaps: #2 King of the Hill vs #3 Cheers

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Sweet 16 - Comedy / Sitcoms / Soaps: #2 King of the Hill vs #3 Cheers 31 votes

#2 King of the Hill
70%
DerekJohnsonCFetters_Nacho_LoverFire_Marshall_BillSwayeThomasFremontRoadDawg55Mad_SonYouKnowItdncchuckbiak1Bad_MotherDuckerWilburHooksHandsGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareaboutDoog_de_JourNEsnake12YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgUW_Doog_Bot 22 votes
#3 Cheers
29%
RaceBannonPurpleThrobberDooglesMakaDawghuskyhooligantheknowledgeLesGrossmanRDR1to392831weretaken 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 King of the Hill
    Injun gets the white wimenz always gets mah vote.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 King of the Hill
    Both pretty weak. I think these were poorly seeded and never should have been a round two matchup. It's bound to happen...not a criticism of the tourney brass. We've had way, way better shows than both already eliminated though
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 King of the Hill
    chuck said:

Both pretty weak. I think these were poorly seeded and never should have been a round two matchup. It's bound to happen...not a criticism of the tourney brass. We've had way, way better shows than both already eliminated though

Cheers was a pretty yuge show. Maybe not to our? demographic but it's definitely considered one of the all time great sitcoms. King of the Hill might be a little high here but it's tied for 3rd all time with Family Guy in the cartoon bracket.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 King of the Hill

chuck said:

Cheers was a pretty yuge show. Maybe not to our? demographic but it's definitely considered one of the all time great sitcoms. King of the Hill might be a little high here but it's tied for 3rd all time with Family Guy in the cartoon bracket.
    That's why I am lamenting but not criticizing the seeding. You have to consider popularity, longevity, etc. Objectively they're probably both where they should be. Neither comes all that close to the 2-3 seeds as I would have subjectively seeded them though. I would have arranged things so all my favorites had easy passes in round one (kind of like Neil Young vs Rod Stewart...wait, what?) and some shit I didn't like would have gone against the likes of south park and the Simpsons in round two.

I have no integrity. I also would have taken bribes allowing rich, powerful posters to manipulate seeding. That's why I'm not allowed my own board.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Cheers
    chuck said:

chuck said:

That's why I am lamenting but not criticizing the seeding. You have to consider popularity, longevity, etc. Objectively they're probably both where they should be. Neither comes all that close to the 2-3 seeds as I would have subjectively seeded them though. I would have arranged things so all my favorites had easy passes in round one (kind of like Neil Young vs Rod Stewart...wait, what?) and some shit I didn't like would have gone against the likes of south park and the Simpsons in round two.

I have no integrity. I also would have taken bribes allowing rich, powerful posters to manipulate seeding. That's why I'm not allowed my own board.
    The seeding says Arrested Development is a 4 seed and King of the Hill is a 2. You're right, and the seeding is objectively wrong.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    #2 King of the Hill
    King of the Hill is overseeded but good. Cheers sucks.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #2 King of the Hill
    Mike Judge is a genius. I know DJ agrees.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    #2 King of the Hill

Mike Judge is a genius. I know DJ agrees.

Agree. KOTH isn't even his best work. He's nails.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    #3 Cheers
    The Throbber is having issue even voting in the category.

No All My Children, No GH. WTF?!?! That was damned near every day in the chapter room back in the day.