Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Donovan Actually Exists!

Not sure if this counts as positive news during this fucking pandemic, but I'll take it. Deserves its own thread outside Husky Jacks. (Also, Garbers sounds ready to compete...in 2021 with Huard since 2020 will, no doubt, be canceled. Since this is a Donovan thread, cynicism is at full force.):

From Caple of The Athletic:

He’s looking forward to joining his teammates and getting to know new offensive coordinator John Donovan better. Garbers said he’s had UW’s playbook for a few months now and says he has most of it down already. “It’s basically an all-NFL offense,” he said, so when he watches film, he mostly watches the Jacksonville Jaguars, with some cut-ups mixed in of Green Bay, San Francisco and Philadelphia. Donovan spent the past four seasons on Jacksonville’s offensive staff. Nate Hackett, the Jaguars’ offensive coordinator during Donovan’s first two seasons there, now is the offensive coordinator in Green Bay.

“I like him a lot,” Garbers said of Donovan, whom he met on his official visit in late January. Donovan also came for a home visit with Garbers’ family. “He’s a really good guy. Super smart — one of those football junkies. I’m excited to continue that relationship and get to know him more.”

https://theathletic.com/1712554/2020/03/31/ethan-garbers-washington-quarterback-preparing-to-compete/?source=dailyemail

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Watch Donovan surprise the shit out of everyone here and run a great offense.

Just watch. I dare you.

Seriously though I just have this feeling...

Crap - that means our? defense will suck

we? never have abundance
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

chuck said:

Just watch. I dare you.

Doog! (Obligatory)
    Doog is the new....well fuck I dont know.

It's not doogish because it's just a feeling. I have no flawed rationale because I have no rationale.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,006
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Alexis said:

chuck said:

Just watch. I dare you.

Doog! (Obligatory)

It's not doogish because it's just a feeling. I have no flawed rationale because I have no rationale.
    Just a lot of HIV...
    Or the ‘rona. Maybe both.
    Abundance for sure (also obligatory)
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,006
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Alexis said:

chuck said:

Just watch. I dare you.

Doog! (Obligatory)

Just a lot of HIV...
    Shoulda prEP’d

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    CaptainPJ said:

Sounds like he’s a film room rat that I would like to introduce my Sister to.

Sweet

pics?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Donovan really should update that profile picture instead of the fake purple shirt on an old photo. It's been fucking 2-3 months now and we haven't been able to get a photo of him in a UW hat and shirt overlooking the stadium or something?

I heard everything matters.... to some teams, anyway.

I don't care if his photo is of him from his high school year book wearing a tutu as long as they win.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

Donovan really should update that profile picture instead of the fake purple shirt on an old photo. It's been fucking 2-3 months now and we haven't been able to get a photo of him in a UW hat and shirt overlooking the stadium or something?

I don't care if his photo is of him from his high school year book wearing a tutu as long as they win.
    Pink though?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Meek said:

Pink though?
    damn it, i blew it. left out pink
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,021
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    So an NFL offense that is simple for freshman to learn...lol