Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An ethical quandry?

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter

Pick a group who gets the chloroquine and lives and pick a group who gets the placebo and possibly dies and compare the results. Right now, putting someone in Group B seems like an immoral choice. Remember when Trump talked about the hope that chloroquine and the Z pack might be a possible cure for the Wuhan flu?

MORE EVIDENCE OF THE EFFICACY OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND AZITHROMYCIN
This could be extremely important: a renowned French doctor has reported the most extensive evidence so far that a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin can be an effective treatment for COVID-19:

Today, Prof. Didier Raoult and his team published results of their new study. The study was supported by the Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection. Unlike the previous small study trial, the new observation study has a larger sample size of 80 COVID-19 patients. The objective of the study was to find an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration.

In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.

This study found that in addition to preserving the lives of the patients who were given the combination of drugs, the therapy also dramatically shortened the time duration of virus shedding, which can limit the spread of the disease.

More at the link. Earlier today, Prof. Raoult said:

Our study concerns 80 patients, without a control group because we offer our protocol to all patients with no contraindication. This is what the Hippocratic Oath that we have taken dictates to us.

I understand Raoult to be saying that there is no control group, because in his opinion it would be unethical to deprive patients of the benefit of the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin therapy. Which, curiously, is what some American politicians are trying to do.

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Compare and Contrast - Dem governor threatens MD licenses over using chloroquine.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/dont-bogart-that-hydroxychloroquine.php

DON’T BOGART THAT CHLOROQUINE
    What can we learn from the Democrats and their media adjunct in the time of the Wuhan virus? They pose serious hazards to life and liberty. Take the remarkable case of the witless Gretchen Whitmer, governor of the great state of Michigan. Kathy Hoekstra writes in the Detroit News:

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs literally threatened all doctors and pharmacists in the state who prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19.

The agency’s March 24 letter warns physicians and pharmacists of professional consequences for the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine). Beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.

The letter also instructs pharmacists to ignore physician orders for this medication. Due to the debate over a pharmacist’s right to refuse to fill medications that go against their religious beliefs, this could place pharmacists in the unprecedented position of being told that they must fill prescriptions that violate their “conscience (religious belief)” but must not fill prescriptions to treat COVID-19.

Even worse, the letter indicates health care providers are “required to report” their fellow physicians who are prescribing these medications. This draconian measure carries ominous Gestapo-like overtones of neighbor reporting neighbor to “authorities.”

Hoekstra concludes with fully warranted condemnation: “The implications of Whitmer and her administration’s knee-jerk scare tactics should terrify all Michigan residents. Not only is our state’s top leader threatening the selfless health care workers who are on the frontline trying to save lives, but she’s denying possible life-saving medications to actual COVID-19 victims.”
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Ethics are for the weak. It's a made up construct
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'll disagree. I do like some universal truths. Offing an 8 month baby in the womb because the mother is bummed out strikes me as immoral.
  • Options

I'll disagree. I do like some universal truths. Offing an 8 month baby in the womb because the mother is bummed out strikes me as immoral.

The mother and father are most likely pieces of shit and their offspring will also be a piece of shit.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Name someone who did it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You must love to phu*ck strawman ass. Let's assume it is a hypothetical. Like you being an honest attorney. Could happen.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

Name someone who did it.
    Why do the Rats demand there be a mental health exemption for late term abortions O’keefed?

Is this where you tell your lie that late term abortions rarely happen and they are always on account of a severely deformed baby and or the health of the mother?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm thinking the lefties like to drink the blood of children. No other reason for the mass slaughter.
  • Options

The mother and father are most likely pieces of shit and their offspring will also be a piece of shit.
    I agree with my statement. Fully for abortion.
  • Options

You must love to phu*ck strawman ass. Let's assume it is a hypothetical. Like you being an honest attorney. Could happen.

So you’re outraged about something you think may be possible. Time on your hands obviously.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

I'm thinking the lefties like to drink the blood of children. No other reason for the mass slaughter.

Knew you were lying as soon as you claimed to be thinking.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Name someone who did it.
    Why do the Rats demand there be a mental health exemption for late term abortions O’keefed?

Is this where you tell your lie that late term abortions rarely happen and they are always on account of a severely deformed baby and or the health of the mother?
    They want “bummed out” moms to off babies obviously. You and Gasbag have this nailed!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Knew you were lying as soon as you claimed to be thinking.
    Wipe the blood off your chin.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Name someone who did it.

They want “bummed out” moms to off babies obviously. You and Gasbag have this nailed!
    White flag
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It's something that never happened and never will so the counselor and the entire dem party will go to the mat for this mythical Constitutional right.