Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

6 trillion

2»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Seems like a Constitutional issue - The President executes the bailout funds not the Congressional authorized IG.

"The inspector general was put in place to make sure bailout funds helped the vulnerable" say Vox. Pretty sure, my definition of vulnerable is different than Vox's. If Vox is pissed off then Trump is probably on the right track.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Seems like a Constitutional issue - The President executes the bailout funds not the Congressional authorized IG.

"The inspector general was put in place to make sure bailout funds helped the vulnerable" say Vox. Pretty sure, my definition of vulnerable is different than Vox's. If Media is pissed off then Trump is probably on the right track.

FTFY.

True though, an interesting application of constitutional authority.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Could someone please tell me why public employees, none of whom will miss a paycheck are included in the group of people who are going to get a check from the Federal Government?

That was covered in another thread - but I will explain.

They are in unions. They are relatives of high ranking officials (how do you think they got the job?)
    They work for congresspeople.
    The question is rhetorical. Anyone still drawing a paycheck should be exempted from any Federal handout.
    So you’re saying that everyone drawing a paycheck at the time the stimulus is passed will continue to do so after that? Or are we gonna somehow magically track those that get laid off after the fact and send them their check then?
    Do you really believe that anyone working for the Federal government or the State is going to miss a paycheck?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Could someone please tell me why public employees, none of whom will miss a paycheck are included in the group of people who are going to get a check from the Federal Government?

That was covered in another thread - but I will explain.

They are in unions. They are relatives of high ranking officials (how do you think they got the job?)
    They work for congresspeople.
    The question is rhetorical. Anyone still drawing a paycheck should be exempted from any Federal handout.
    So you’re saying that everyone drawing a paycheck at the time the stimulus is passed will continue to do so after that? Or are we gonna somehow magically track those that get laid off after the fact and send them their check then?
    They'll use normal payroll tax reporting and send everyone a check, then sort it out later. Quarter end is 3/31 so I assume their use that as the baseline. Usually PR taxes aren't due until 4/30 but my bet is the Fed loan programs will cause businesses to hustle up.

I know I've already received notification from a regional bank that loans will process quickly but details as of yesterday afternoon are sketchy. It was apparent the banks are tanned, rested and ready to push paperwork through and fund loans. If it for payroll specific purposes (which they can monitor, obviously), there will be a forebearance of the loan in about 2 months.

All the data is already available and they won't have to reinvent the wheel much.