Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doogie's Chart 3/27

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Not a good day for the state. Big jump in deaths.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    93% negative test rate from a self-selecting testing sample.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is last week's data mind you, but COVID 19 appears to be kicking the shit out of regular 2019-20 flu in WA.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/documents/5100/420-100-fluupdate.pdf
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We need to put your math skillz to use come football season Bubbles. Well done, sir.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Stands out to me as well. Still not seeing an explosion of positives on the west coast even as testing increases. NJ, Michigan, Georgia seem to be generating a much higher percentage of positives on in some cases much less testing. That said not sure how reliable the total test taken data is from state to state.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020
    GDS said:

Stands out to me as well. Still not seeing an explosion of positives on the west coast even as testing increases. NJ, Michigan, Georgia seem to be generating a much higher percentage of positives on in some cases much less testing. That said not sure how reliable the total test taken data is from state to state.
    Unless something has changed in the last couple days, testing in WA is not on demand, only for a reason: sick, exposed to another positive, healthcare worker, etc. Given that, a theory to explain the difference in positives WA versus elsewhere: Since the first case and cases were here, it's already largely moved through, with vast majority of people not having symptoms requiring testing now that testing is more available. It's the proximity in time & space to the first outbreak combined with availability of testing and broad prophylactic measures.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    93% of deaths over 60. 82% of deaths over 70. Most with pre-existing conditions. Hope the tests don't have a huge false negative rate. Positive rate seems pretty low for a self selected test.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    GDS said:

There may be some merit to the idea of eventually quarantining individual cities as opposed to the whole country. Here in NY shit is hitting the fan and hospitals are getting strained beyond belief. The density and inherent reliance on public transportation means we have a long ways to go.

Other places may only see a fraction of the mayhem, and it might not make sense to keep everyone on the same time line.

Same as ever, LIFPO.
  • Options

We need to put your math skillz to use come football season Bubbles. Well done, sir.

This is 101 stuff. Anybody can do this. Maybe I should grab game data for all of Browning's games and make some charts to show how shitty he actually was despite setting records.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    We have a chart?!

We have a chart!
  • Options

GDS said:

There may be some merit to the idea of eventually quarantining individual cities as opposed to the whole country. Here in NY shit is hitting the fan and hospitals are getting strained beyond belief. The density and inherent reliance on public transportation means we have a long ways to go.

Other places may only see a fraction of the mayhem, and it might not make sense to keep everyone on the same time line.

Same as ever, LIFPO.
    The data suggest that. But when you quarantine a place it needs to be nobody in and nobody out. I see the state in 4 zones. West of Puget Sound, I-5 between Marysville and Olympia, North of Marysville, South of Olympia, and East of the mountains.

The problem is the I-5 corridor. It's due to density. Strongest measures needed there. Seattle needs to be LOCKDOWN, nobody in, nobody out. Everyone in the I-5 corridor needs to stay within the corridor. East of the mountain folks stay east of the mountains with only social distancing and west of puget sound is in a similar situation.

These are the things General Inslee needs to be thinking about.

County Positive/Confirmed Cases Deaths
    Adams 5 0
    Benton 42 5
    Chelan 13 1
    Clallam 5 0
    Clark 76 6
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 7 0
    Douglas 5 0
    Ferry 1 0
    Franklin 12 0
    Grant 42 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 79 1
    Jefferson 11 0
    King 1828 125
    Kitsap 42 1
    Kittitas 8 0
    Klickitat 7 0
    Lewis 7 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 2 0
    Okanogan 2 0
    Pierce 231 5
    San Juan 3 0
    Skagit 91 1
    Skamania 1 0
    Snohomish 913 23
    Spokane 86 0
    Stevens 3 0
    Thurston 27 0
    Walla Walla 2 0
    Whatcom 92 4
    Whitman 5 0
    Yakima 72 2
    Unassigned 45
    Total 3723 175
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @DoogieMcDoogerson

Talking about zones for quarantine is too logical for government. Everyone does it or no one does it. Posting logical stuff like this will get you turned into to the PC police.

I am in a zone where we have 0 and 0
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good day for the state. Big jump in deaths.

Thanks for doing the lords work. You should do a running total of the percentage of the population affected. For example, .0005% of the population of Washington has had it. Will it get to .005? Who knows!
  • Options
    OK, since you're interested, I'll kick it up a bunch of notches.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    GDS said:

There ain't shit happening east of the mountains. Tuff Tom Foley liberals.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

93% of deaths over 60. 82% of deaths over 70. Most with pre-existing conditions. Hope the tests don't have a huge false negative rate. Positive rate seems pretty low for a self selected test.

This virus seems tailor made to kill a number of Americans. If you're fat, pre-diabetic or diabetic in poor shape with compromised lung capacity, with high blood pressure and heart disease this thing is coming for you.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    SFGbob said:

This virus seems tailor made to kill a number of Americans. If you're fat, pre-diabetic or diabetic in poor shape with compromised lung capacity, with high blood pressure and heart disease this thing is coming for you.
    Precariously close to a call for genocide. We'll let it slide but chin it for truthiness.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Precariously close to a call for genocide. We'll let it slide but chin it for truthiness.

We've already established the virus is racist. Maybe I should ban myself.