Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Not like the flu

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soft young people

Natural selection

If you olds took better care of yourselves we wouldn’t be in this mess.
    SFGbob said:

Just got back from the liquor store. Forgot the Bordeaux cherries for the Old Fashioneds. We have really great data points from the cruise ship and South Korea. The data points tell us this isn't the Andromeda Strain. It tell us that this is really only a threat to old people, particularly those with compromised lung or immune systems beyond just being old - like smokers or cancer survivors. Like I said, use the numbers. We have them. The other thing after this is over, get the phuck out of China. Trump was the visionary on what the chicoms were doing to this country aided and abetted by the dems, the RINOs, and the MSM. The dem candidate for President will be owned by the chicoms. Trump will tie that tire chain around Slo Joe's neck and set it on fire. The MSM and the leftards will whine like little bitches, but the truth should win out. Anyone that supported putting the chicoms in charge of our pharmaceuticals should be disqualified from office and government employment. But both Inslee and the switch hitter Brown (god I pity either sex that touches that worthless bag of crap) will just refocus on phucking over working Americans rather than the chicoms.

It's a threat to kill old people and people with already compromised immune systems. But it is still hospitalizing a significant number of younger adults.

(CNN)
    Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-age-victims/index.html
    Maybe they should contemplate not vaping.

There are almost always underlying health issues and or weakened respiratory conditions due to smoking.

When I was in Arizona last year I told my niece and nephew that I would buy them $50 of whatever they wanted. My niece and I went to Forever 21 in Scottsdale and she bought skirts or whatever. My nephew and I went to a run-down vape shop in Mesa. I had never been in one before. Clouds of smoke, couldn't even see the fucking counter from the front door. These derelicts were sitting around vaping and looking like idiots. I don't care what anyone says that can't be good for the lungs.
    OK Boomer!
    I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm not a boomer.
    Are you conversing with yourself?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soft young people

Natural selection

SFGbob said:

Just got back from the liquor store. Forgot the Bordeaux cherries for the Old Fashioneds. We have really great data points from the cruise ship and South Korea. The data points tell us this isn't the Andromeda Strain. It tell us that this is really only a threat to old people, particularly those with compromised lung or immune systems beyond just being old - like smokers or cancer survivors. Like I said, use the numbers. We have them. The other thing after this is over, get the phuck out of China. Trump was the visionary on what the chicoms were doing to this country aided and abetted by the dems, the RINOs, and the MSM. The dem candidate for President will be owned by the chicoms. Trump will tie that tire chain around Slo Joe's neck and set it on fire. The MSM and the leftards will whine like little bitches, but the truth should win out. Anyone that supported putting the chicoms in charge of our pharmaceuticals should be disqualified from office and government employment. But both Inslee and the switch hitter Brown (god I pity either sex that touches that worthless bag of crap) will just refocus on phucking over working Americans rather than the chicoms.

It's a threat to kill old people and people with already compromised immune systems. But it is still hospitalizing a significant number of younger adults.

(CNN)
    Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.

There are almost always underlying health issues and or weakened respiratory conditions due to smoking.

Vaping is for fags. No offense to you sir, I don’t like edibles. I’m like @RaceBannon ... fresh bowl of GTFO.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    edited March 2020

Soft young people

Natural selection

SFGbob said:

(CNN)

When I was in Arizona last year I told my niece and nephew that I would buy them $50 of whatever they wanted. My niece and I went to Forever 21 in Scottsdale and she bought skirts or whatever. My nephew and I went to a run-down vape shop in Mesa. I had never been in one before. Clouds of smoke, couldn't even see the fucking counter from the front door. These derelicts were sitting around vaping and looking like idiots. I don't care what anyone says that can't be good for the lungs.
    OK Boomer!
    I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm not a boomer.
    I think you can go blind replying to yourself.

Ax @GrandpaSankey
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Soft young people

Natural selection

Triage will not favor you and me—nor should it. Ventilators are a finite asset.
  • Options

Soft young people

Natural selection

SFGbob said:

(CNN)

Vaping is for fags. No offense to you sir, I don’t like edibles. I’m like @RaceBannon ... fresh bowl of GTFO.
    Like the Throbber himself, edibles provide a long, satisfying experience.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soft young people

Natural selection

SFGbob said:

(CNN)

I like the stanky smell and the ritual. Edibles can’t match that.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

haie said:

haie said:

Who said it's like the flu? It's interesting the total lack of interest in dealing with the chicoms on this issue. Most likely escaped from the Wuhan bio lab. The chicoms covered up the initial outbreak. But apparently, it's a Tug PhD problem. The Italians who are bought and paid for by the Chicoms and refused to deal with the influx of Chinese into northern Italy. The Tug PhDs fully supported Trump's ban on Chinese entering the US. We have also heavily criticized the CDCs supposedly elite MDs who phu*cked up the testing and also apparently left our national hospital system woefully unprepared for a pandemic with a growing shortage of masks, hazard gear and ventilators. In 1952 there were 21,000 cases of paralytic polio. The nation didn't shut down. There are 3,000 motor vehicle deaths in the US a month. Ban cars? Crippling the national economy and destroying hundreds of thousands of small businesses leaving millions unemployed does have consequences.

Automobile accidents are not contagious disease. Fucking Christ.

Of course Italy is more vulnerable to us for a variety of factors, love of Chi Com tourism dollars among them. But still it’s overwhelming there system in the way that flu doesn’t not, which is what we’re trying to prevent here.

I don’t know if if the economic misery will have been worth it or not. I’m leaning towards not being worth it.

But anyone here who thinks they can predict how this all plays out is full of shit.
    We predict everything on this bored. You knew here? That would be a yes, relatively speaking.

Of course the economic misery isn't worth granny and her 5 prexisting conditions or fat Bob and his 40 year smoking habit.

And I work in an industry that is seeing growth because of this.

You have a 2 year old. I have a 2 month old. You've been a massive fucking pussy the past couple days. Go dig into that mountain of tp in your apartment and tide the pants shitting buddy.
    My home is probably worth a lot more than yours numb nuts. And you’ve got pay Stalin before you can call me a pussy.
    Still living in post college starter home that was originally repo'd by the bank while making six figures. Have a backyard. Work from home. Wish I could trade places with you though, dumbshit.

Yeah I've donated here multiple years since this place started up. You bought Derek's book?

Fuck off, pants shitter.
    You came at me @haie w/o prior provocation making implications about my of standard living. And then called me a pussy to boot.

Buy some beer asshole. And don’t shit talk people you don’t know.
    Naw, you brought this on.

Already started beers early today.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Who said it's like the flu? It's interesting the total lack of interest in dealing with the chicoms on this issue. Most likely escaped from the Wuhan bio lab. The chicoms covered up the initial outbreak. But apparently, it's a Tug PhD problem. The Italians who are bought and paid for by the Chicoms and refused to deal with the influx of Chinese into northern Italy. The Tug PhDs fully supported Trump's ban on Chinese entering the US. We have also heavily criticized the CDCs supposedly elite MDs who phu*cked up the testing and also apparently left our national hospital system woefully unprepared for a pandemic with a growing shortage of masks, hazard gear and ventilators. In 1952 there were 21,000 cases of paralytic polio. The nation didn't shut down. There are 3,000 motor vehicle deaths in the US a month. Ban cars? Crippling the national economy and destroying hundreds of thousands of small businesses leaving millions unemployed does have consequences.

Of course Italy is more vulnerable to us for a variety of factors, love of Chi Com tourism dollars among them. But still it’s overwhelming there system in the way that flu doesn’t not, which is what we’re trying to prevent here.

I don’t know if if the economic misery will have been worth it or not. I’m leaning towards not being worth it.

But anyone here who thinks they can predict how this all plays out is full of shit.
    We predict everything on this bored. You knew here? That would be a yes, relatively speaking.

Of course the economic misery isn't worth granny and her 5 prexisting conditions or fat Bob and his 40 year smoking habit.

You have a 2 year old. I have a 2 month old. You've been a massive fucking pussy the past couple days. Go dig into that mountain of tp in your apartment and tide the pants shitting buddy.
    My home is probably worth a lot more than yours numb nuts. And you’ve got pay Stalin before you can call me a pussy.
    Still living in post college starter home that was originally repo'd by the bank while making six figures. Have a backyard. Work from home. Wish I could trade places with you though, dumbshit.

Yeah I've donated here multiple years since this place started up. You bought Derek's book?

Fuck off, pants shitter.
    You came at me @haie w/o prior provocation
    Why yo

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck off, pants shitter.
    You came at me @haie w/o prior provocation making implications about my of standard living. And then called me a pussy to boot.

Imagine being in tech and not being able to send Stalin a few bucks via pay pal. Sad.

Until there’s a Wam badge next to your crayon drawing, all your talk about financials is bull shit. Prove me wrong pussy.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck off, pants shitter.
    Why yo

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck off, pants shitter.

Imagine being in tech and not being able to send Stalin a few bucks via pay pal. Sad.

Until there’s a Wam badge next to your crayon drawing, all your talk about financials is bull shit. Prove me wrong pussy.
    It's bullshit? El oh El. Good one Harv.

It's pretty obvious why I won't donate this year. But it's not my website and Stalin doesn't want to make the change I've complained about, so I protest it with my wallet.

I still bought his book. Did you? You never answered that question.

Dipshit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck off, pants shitter.
    Why yo

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck off, pants shitter.

It's bullshit? El oh El. Good one Harv.

It's pretty obvious why I won't donate this year. But it's not my website and Stalin doesn't want to make the change I've complained about, so I protest in with my wallet.

I still bought his book. Did you? You never answered that question.

Dipshit.
    No, I haven’t bought it. What’s your point? A Wam membership puts a a lot more profit in Stalin’s pocket than a book purchase.

What the fuck are you protesting anyhow?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It’s that we have an acceptable risk tolerance baked into everything. Driving, flu, swimming in the ocean, etc. We could reduce flu deaths and cases dramatically. We could reduce car deaths dramatically. In our minds we don’t believe the cost of what it would reduce flu deaths or automobile deaths is worth the lose of economic activity and freedom. H1N1 infected 66 million, killed 12-15,000 and we didn’t miss a beat. As with most government responses to panic, I’m sure this will be another on the pile where the cure was worse than the disease. I don’t know for sure, but in the history of my life it’s played out over and over. “But THIS time it’s different” I guess we’ll see, but in my lifetime all I’ve seen from the media and government is bullshit and their track record is terrible.
    I agree on all the points above. Fuck if I had my druthers we’d yank half the driver’s licenses in this cuntry but that another topic.

Humans are completely irrational when it comes to risk. All the virtue signaling social distancers I know are the same kids who bike their kids to daycare on busy streets with construction and busses. Doesn’t seem logical.

All I’m saying, is that this time it could be different. Just because H1N1 or killer bees didn’t pan out, doesn’t mean that’s always gonna hold true.
    Add 1000 more things in my lifetime that didn’t pan out. Hell, when I was a kid a giant glass of OJ was recommended as a great start to every day and eggs were evil. The government said so!
    I’m gonna go fix myself a screwdriver. I love OJ.
    Lemonade and bourbon is my new phase.

You must have a gut made of iron.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

(CNN)

I also saw that 38% of those hospitalized are 54 or younger. And FLA. lol. The numbers are astounding. Who would have saw that coming.

Gayme changer

Enjoy the rest of Saturday night and tomorrow Sunday. It will be the last days of liberty for awhile.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

(CNN)

I also saw that 38% of those hospitalized are 54 or younger. And FLA. lol. The numbers are astounding. Who would have saw that coming.

Gayme changer

Enjoy the rest of Saturday night and tomorrow Sunday. It will be the last days of liberty for awhile.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club

Soft young people

Natural selection

SFGbob said:

(CNN)

I like the stanky smell and the ritual. Edibles can’t match that.
    Why not both? Mixed in with some drinks, it makes for a great day on the course! Enjoy the Coronacation!