Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

‘This is life and death’: UW’s Jimmy Lake shifts focus away from football amidst coronavirus concern

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A little over 110 deaths in the US so far. No overreaction happening at all. I realize isolation helps contain the virus, but is it really worth it?

No

As a man of the people I talk to actual real people that don't sit home obsessing over the market and need to work to get paid. Real people are getting hurt. We are still in business. Contractors gotta contract. Families depend on it
    Yep, shutting everything down and people are now depending on hopefully getting some measly check for $1,000. If you live in the city, $1,000 doesn’t even pay your rent.

Does anybody on this board know anyone that actually has CoronaVirus? At work we were talking, and not one person here does.
    I know two suspected cases but neither of them can get tested because they're too young.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

A little over 110 deaths in the US so far. No overreaction happening at all. I realize isolation helps contain the virus, but is it really worth it?

No

As a man of the people I talk to actual real people that don't sit home obsessing over the market and need to work to get paid. Real people are getting hurt. We are still in business. Contractors gotta contract. Families depend on it
    Yep, shutting everything down and people are now depending on hopefully getting some measly check for $1,000. If you live in the city, $1,000 doesn’t even pay your rent.

Does anybody on this board know anyone that actually has CoronaVirus? At work we were talking, and not one person here does.
    My cousin flew back from South Africa last week and went through Amsterdam. He said half the plane was sick and now he's almost certain he has it. He can't get tested so who knows.

Also, @Baseman says he has it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    edited March 2020
    Every shitty football coach in the country is going to blame COVID-19 and the lack of spring football for their craptastic season next season.

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Yes. I know the person in Quincy.

It's rampant all around us. The only reason we don't know about it is that we don't have testing capacity. Hell, even people with symptoms are being told by their PCPs just to stay home cause they don't want to overload the system.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Beno4Life said:

It's rampant all around us. The only reason we don't know about it is that we don't have testing capacity. Hell, even people with symptoms are being told by their PCPs just to stay home cause they don't want to overload the system.

About 50% of people have herpes bugs floating around inside them too but that doesn't mean their dicks are dripping puss.

Praise Allah the Throbber is in the other 50% of non-carriers. And that's not easy to do given his history.

• Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I teach in the Bronx and lower east side. I can tell you it was going around those communities weeks before the media went into full manic mode. Schools weren’t cleaned, no one was tested, and principals shrugged their shoulders. A lot of my kids live with their grandparents, but fuck if I know what the correct response should have been. Be careful and carry on, probably. The story of their lives. I do know the people freaking out right now have no idea what real struggle is (as echoed by Race above). It’s the people you don’t hear from who continue to grind and struggle because they have to. But hey, rich, white progressives can pat themselves on the back that they are trying to protect the underprivileged, when really, they are just trying to protect themselves.

But yeah, fuck Jimmy. You are a relatively young, healthy head football coach of a very young, very healthy football team. The old coaches can sit up in the fucking booth if it’s such a concern.

Guess there won’t be a PACKED HOUSE for the spring game. Looking forward to the postgame interview after Michigan. 6-6.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

No

We're a medical distributor

My CEO bought a bunch of masks and I put up a shitty payment portal through stripe today and ran 40k through it an hour later lol

I'm shocked it worked
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

No

We're a medical distributor

My CEO bought a bunch of masks and I put up a shitty payment portal through stripe today and ran 40k through it an hour later lol

I'm shocked it worked
    Having a mask is better than no mask at all. Hospitals are running out of equipment and space for people, and not just those with the virus but everyone who still has cancer or is getting a heart attack.

Glad to see they're opening a 200 bed hospital in Shoreline to help deal with capacity issues.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    People who don't have severe symptoms or aren't 106 years old or who don't have AIDS can't be tested. How convenient. Noone has any clue how many have it.
  • Options

People who don't have severe symptoms or aren't 106 years old or who don't have AIDS can't be tested. How convenient. Noone has any clue how many have it.

Like every other virus...ever.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,049
    Founders Club
    ‘This is life and death’: Nick Saban shifts focus away from football amidst coronavirus concern

said no headline evah
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

Most people won’t run and get tested even with symptoms. Only types who run to the dr for a cold and those who are very sick, which is a small % will get tested.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MakaDawg said:

I teach in the Bronx and lower east side. I can tell you it was going around those communities weeks before the media went into full manic mode. Schools weren’t cleaned, no one was tested, and principals shrugged their shoulders. A lot of my kids live with their grandparents, but fuck if I know what the correct response should have been. Be careful and carry on, probably. The story of their lives. I do know the people freaking out right now have no idea what real struggle is (as echoed by Race above). It’s the people you don’t hear from who continue to grind and struggle because they have to. But hey, rich, white progressives can pat themselves on the back that they are trying to protect the underprivileged, when really, they are just trying to protect themselves.

But yeah, fuck Jimmy. You are a relatively young, healthy head football coach of a very young, very healthy football team. The old coaches can sit up in the fucking booth if it’s such a concern.

Guess there won’t be a PACKED HOUSE for the spring game. Looking forward to the postgame interview after Michigan. 6-6.

Exactly. Real easy to be screaming about shutting everything down when your getting paid regardless. Which is pretty much government workers/teachers.

They give zero fucks about people trying to earn a living. Facebook posts about ordering take out isn’t going to move the needle. But sweet virtue signaling. Heros
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When you value money over health...