Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"we are going to be the next italy" bullshit

2»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Italy has a bunch dying because they treat their elderly poorly...all of Europe does. Average age of the people dying there is 81. Average age will probably be close but overall % dead will never get like that here.

Remember when France had 10,000+ old folks die during a heat wave? Amazing what happens when all your elderly live alone at homes/apartments with no air conditioning and nobody checking on them.

And socialized health care.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I am still not seeing the evidence pointing to that. The governor's own research team pointed to 400 people dying by May if we do NOTHING. 25% reduction with social distancing. What has changed? We have one breakout in a shitty nursing home and no parabolic upward trends. Sad, of course, but please help me with the facts behind this decision by governor inslee.

Well it's not the state of WA (close enough) but I know a young couple with 2 small children who all tested positive for Coronavirus this weekend in NW portland.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    GDS said:

salemcoog said:

If you build the Pandemic, then the mass cessation of rights will come.

It's kinda not funny to me that once the WHO put a name on this, then the US went fucking ape shit. This disease kills old people and those that are gonna die soon anyway because of pre existing conditions.

Most of the people that get tested positive don't even know they have it. Look around to the all of the states that have locked everything down. They are all Democratic led states.

The job killers.

DeWine-R has actually been most aggressive in locking everything down.
    Will you provide those Tulsi words showing her soft spot for Assad before you die, Pedophile?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

other states are implementing the same. Why would he bring this upon himself? He knows he will be hated. Look, I am no fan of the guy but this happening nationwide.

I have friends in Beijing, they are picking up again. The streets are full and traffic jams. just Get through these few months.

Were there Moslems and Hindus praying together peacefully?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I am still not seeing the evidence pointing to that. The governor's own research team pointed to 400 people dying by May if we do NOTHING. 25% reduction with social distancing. What has changed? We have one breakout in a shitty nursing home and no parabolic upward trends. Sad, of course, but please help me with the facts behind this decision by governor inslee.

Well it's not the state of WA (close enough) but I know a young couple with 2 small children who all tested positive for Coronavirus this weekend in NW portland.
    And they'll be sick for a couple weeks and then get better.

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nothingburger.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    As shitty as this all is - and it is shitty - there is a weird happiness and sense of community forming. I hope when all this is said and done, people realize that all they really have is one another.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

As shitty as this all is - and it is shitty - there is a weird happiness and sense of community forming. I hope when all this is said and done, people realize that all they really have is one another.