Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"we are going to be the next italy" bullshit

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
I am still not seeing the evidence pointing to that. The governor's own research team pointed to 400 people dying by May if we do NOTHING. 25% reduction with social distancing. What has changed? We have one breakout in a shitty nursing home and no parabolic upward trends. Sad, of course, but please help me with the facts behind this decision by governor inslee.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't even read Twitter and all the Seattleite doogs shitting themselves constantly. Half of them work remotely for Amazon and other companies so shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jay Inslee is playing a very, very dangerous game here.

The question is which side will the National Guard fall on?

He should ask people to not drive after they drink, as well.

Inslee is a POFS that needs to be ejected over the northern border where he belongs. How is the fucker going to police us, b/c I'm going out. I won't effing talk to anyone or be close to them, that's fine, but fuck him for taking my freedoms. But hey, I'm sure he's on the China Top 5 list of approved Govs.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Postal91 said:

Inslee is a POFS that needs to be ejected over the northern border where he belongs. How is the fucker going to police us, b/c I'm going out. I won't effing talk to anyone or be close to them, that's fine, but fuck him for taking my freedoms. But hey, I'm sure he's on the China Top 5 list of approved Govs.
    All I know, is the farther from the middle of Seattle he goes, the more resistance he is going to face. N. Spokane ain't Madison Park.

There's fucking nutcases who live in Liberty Lake. And you get up in the hills around Selkirk and Cusick....we talkin' Rambo shit.

• Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you look at the trajectory of where this thing is going based on cases per capita we are right on par with Italy just 14-16 days behind them. If we can shut down sooner than they did maybe we can avoid what they are facing now.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Postal91 said:

All I know, is the farther from the middle of Seattle he goes, the more resistance he is going to face. N. Spokane ain't Madison Park.

There's fucking nutcases who live in Liberty Lake. And you get up in the hills around Selkirk and Cusick....we talkin' Rambo shit.

Hurtful

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Just the flu guys.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

other states are implementing the same. Why would he bring this upon himself? He knows he will be hated. Look, I am no fan of the guy but this happening nationwide.

I have friends in Beijing, they are picking up again. The streets are full and traffic jams. just Get through these few months.

Sadly - THAT'S what Inslee should be doing. Telling people to just get through the next few weeks...instead he appears to be on the verge of calling out the National Guard -which, if you want to calm people down is about the worst thing to do, telling them they are untrustworthy and need patrolled.

It would help if officials would put some sort of expected timeframe on this. "Look, this is going to be at least 4 weeks...it might be longer....but plan on four weeks". People can deal with certainty and known variables. People lose their minds with uncertainty.

100%
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    The Italian government released numbers on the coronavirus last week.
    There were 1,809 new cases of the deadly disease reported in Italy on Sunday.

The Italian government also recently released the percentage of deaths by age group.

90+ years old: 6% of deaths
    80 – 89 years old: 42% of deaths
    70 – 79 years old: 35% of deaths
    60 – 69 years old: 16% of deaths

Average Age of Italians Who Have Died From Coronavirus is 81!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/stunning-average-age-of-italians-who-have-died-from-coronavirus-is-81/

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Italy has the second oldest population in the world. Japan is first oldest. One has lots of old people dying and the other does not, and it's all due to how Japan aggressively managed the problem from the outset
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,625
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Age is one factor, another is social distancing is not a part of Italian life. Living areas are cramped, public transportation is way overcrowded. These folks may as well share one fork within a neighborhood.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GDS said:

If you look at the trajectory of where this thing is going based on cases per capita we are right on par with Italy just 14-16 days behind them. If we can shut down sooner than they did maybe we can avoid what they are facing now.

You can't have it both ways. The same people saying what you're saying are saying both of these things:
    "We need to focus on testing, we don't know how many people have the virus! We're all carriers!"
    "If you look at the trajectory of where this thing is going based on cases per capita.."

What's in common between the two?
    - Lack of data
    - Hyperbole

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942

GDS said:

You can't have it both ways. The same people saying what you're saying are saying both of these things:
    "We need to focus on testing, we don't know how many people have the virus! We're all carriers!"
    "If you look at the trajectory of where this thing is going based on cases per capita.."

What's in common between the two?
    - Lack of data
    - Hyperbole

Abundance.

But mostly hyperbole and fear-mongering.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you build the Pandemic, then the mass cessation of rights will come.

It's kinda not funny to me that once the WHO put a name on this, then the US went fucking ape shit. This disease kills old people and those that are gonna die soon anyway because of pre existing conditions.

Most of the people that get tested positive don't even know they have it. Look around to the all of the states that have locked everything down. They are all Democratic led states.

The job killers.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

It's kinda not funny to me that once the WHO put a name on this, then the US went fucking ape shit. This disease kills old people and those that are gonna die soon anyway because of pre existing conditions.

Most of the people that get tested positive don't even know they have it. Look around to the all of the states that have locked everything down. They are all Democratic led states.

The job killers.

DeWine-R has actually been most aggressive in locking everything down.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GDS said:

salemcoog said:

The job killers.

DeWine-R has actually been most aggressive in locking everything down.
    RINO's like him need to be earfucked.