Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FINALLY! Trump To Withhold Federal Funding From Sanctuary Cities

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited March 2020 in Tug Tavern
The Hill reports:

President Trump on Thursday said his administration will begin withholding funding from self-described sanctuary cities after a federal court ruled last week that it could do so.

“As per recent Federal Court ruling, the Federal Government will be withholding funds from Sanctuary Cities,” Trump tweeted. “They should change their status and go non-Sanctuary. Do not protect criminals!”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/finally-trump-to-withhold-federal-funding-from-sanctuary-cities/

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    About fucking time. Fuck those lawbreaking asshats.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,416
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Schumer shouldn't have threatened the SCOTUS yesterday.

Trump is striking while the Justice Roberts iron is hot.

Obamacare is under review again as well
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Schumer shouldn't have threatened the SCOTUS yesterday.

Trump is striking while the Justice Roberts iron is hot.

Obamacare is under review again as well
    Seems like a good spot for the well....bye.gif.

Trump rolling hard while he's got the chance. It's been joyful since "impeachment' acquittal.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That idiot rat pol in chicago who tried to blame ICE for the rape of the 3 year old girl proves how insane these rats are. They don't deserve our tax dollars.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Washington Post said the Coors shooter found a noose on his locker several years ago

Justifiable homicide
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    As you know I'm not a huge Trump fan but this seems completely justifiable.

As my Dad always says "What the federal government subsidizes, the federal government controls".

Will be chinteresting to see who caves, and when.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

As my Dad always says "What the federal government subsidizes, the federal government controls".

Cant be. I'm told that California subsidizes everything else
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ICE has also started a "Flood the Streets" operation in these sanctuary cities. They are now arresting illegals outside of the court house. This is why Trump's supporters like him. He is doing what he said he would do.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/03/05/ice-agents-ignore-sanctuary-law-san-francisco-courthouse-arrest/
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If only CD hadn't succumbed to the Typhus this could've killed him instead.

How beautiful that Poetic Justice would've been. One can only imagine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

And they can do whatever they want
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

And they can do whatever they want
    Local official here in SF are sputtering about how ICE's actions are illegal and in violation of state law. ICE is telling them to go fuck themselves.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hilarious that the dumb fucking Dems are making states rights arguments, after spending the last 40 years shitting all over any Red State that tried to assert them.

Hypocrisy anyone?
  • Options

Hilarious that the dumb fucking Dems are making states rights arguments, after spending the last 40 years shitting all over any Red State that tried to assert them.

Hypocrisy anyone?

Not hilarious that conservatives are suddenly against states rights after spending the last 160 years supporting them?

We're living in the upside down.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020
    dnc said:

Hypocrisy anyone?

Not hilarious that conservatives are suddenly against states rights after spending the last 160 years supporting them?

When Rat party members stood in the school house doorway I didn't support it. Now when they thumb their nose at Federal law, I don't support it. State's have no authority over immigration issues. That's a section of the law left solely to the Federal government. Are some people above the law? State's Rights never involved areas of the law that are solely the purview of Federal Government.

Hardly shocking that someone so ignorant of black voters isn't aware of this.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Hypocrisy anyone?

When Rat party members stood in the school house doorway I didn't support it. Now when they thumb their nose at Federal law, I don't support it. State's have no authority over immigration issues. That's a section of the law left solely to the Federal government. Are some people above the law? State's Right never involved areas of the law that are solely the purview of Federal Government.
    I don't disagree.

I also think when the states won't support the rights of "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" for certain individuals in their purvey then it's the federal governments right (and responsibility) to step in and enforce those rights.

Which pretty much ends the vast majority of states rights issues historically.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was never for State's Rights

That wasn't a conservative issue not that I am a conservative. It was a racist's issue.

Not everything is everybody does it equally

The people I supported back in the day who now support state's rights and illegals over citizens are hurting minorities and white workers the most. The very people the democrats claim to help.

And the people that Trump is helping.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Hypocrisy anyone?

When Rat party members stood in the school house doorway I didn't support it. Now when they thumb their nose at Federal law, I don't support it. State's have no authority over immigration issues. That's a section of the law left solely to the Federal government. Are some people above the law? State's Right never involved areas of the law that are solely the purview of Federal Government.
    I don't disagree.

I also think when the states won't support the rights of "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" for certain individuals in their purvey then it's the federal governments right (and responsibility) to step in and enforce those rights.

Which pretty much ends the vast majority of states rights issues historically.
    Well racist Rat party members used to cry "States Rights" when they were trying to deny black Americans their civil rights, that is true but that's hardly the only state's rights issue.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I was never for State's Rights

That wasn't a conservative issue not that I am a conservative. It was a racist's issue.

Not everything is everybody does it equally

The people I supported back in the day who now support state's rights and illegals over citizens are hurting minorities and white workers the most. The very people the democrats claim to help.

And the people that Trump is helping.

You don't believe that a state should be able to set their own drinking age? How about gun laws? Should some states be able to allow concealed carry?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Local control of education versus federal control

Legitimate debates on non racist issues have been quashed by associating them with the racists that cried state's rights

We are so far into federal control of everything that the left backtracking to deny the rights of citizens in favor of illegals is jarring