Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But, but the Christian Right might do something!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The green gaia religionists have a huge impact on your life. Like hundreds of billions of dollars of impact between state green renewable standards, the federal ethanol in your gas fraud, the federal and state subsidies for electrical vehicles, and federal and state credits for solar and wind power, and federal CAFE gas mileage standards. A fundamentalist christian doesn't cost me a dime. That's just the stuff they got passed. Toss in the nude green eel and the end of fracking and the huge impact gets even larger.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Throbber is correct on the abortion front. Certain religious groups are opposed to birth control as a sanctity of life religious issue. Also opposed to the morning after pill and most definitely the "abortion pill" which is FDA approved for up to 10 weeks. Texas is a 22 week state. Full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. So, Texas is basically a full trimester plus enough to get you over half way there. In the US Congress, almost all dems believe in unlimited abortion up to birth and many prominent dems oppose born alive legislation. And the dems believe unlimited abortion is a huge issue for them. More important than almost anything else based on their ads. I'm guessing that less than half the republicans in Congress would ban all abortions. I personally support most of the Texas law. From a moral perspective I think aborting a viable baby is much more of an immoral position than stopping a woman from abortion.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The green gaia religionists have a huge impact on your life. Like hundreds of billions of dollars of impact between state green renewable standards, the federal ethanol in your gas fraud, the federal and state subsidies for electrical vehicles, and federal and state credits for solar and wind power, and federal CAFE gas mileage standards. A fundamentalist christian doesn't cost me a dime. That's just the stuff they got passed. Toss in the nude green eel and the end of fracking and the huge impact gets even larger.

This

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The transgender athlete thing is so typical of the Left not seeing the forest for the trees. We need to piss off large segments of the voting population to worry about accommodating the social justice demands of a niche of a niche of people.

I think the Right is too focused on this tiny niche too. Weº should ignore it as much as possible and stop the feedback loop.
    That is how we got here Grundle. That tiny voice was ignored for far too long and now the media gives them normalcy.