Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

7 Dump Truck Loads Of Crap Hauled From Massive Homeless Camp In Oregon

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
edited February 2020 in Tug Tavern
Don’t mess with Curry County

Curry County is one of the most beautiful places in the United States............the Banana Belt of Oregon

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/7-dump-truck-loads-of-crap-hauled-from-massive-homeless-camp-in-oregon/

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter
    Has the typhus broke out in Oregon yet?

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    edited February 2020
    Not in Curry County.

edited February 2020
    edited February 2020

One man - 49-year-old Garry Roberts Jr. - "was asked several times to leave and he refused to cooperate with law enforcement so he was arrested for trespass and depositing trash within a hundred yards of a waterway," the sheriff's office said.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,048 Standard Supporter
    Why is it a federal obligation to pay for Oregon mental health patients?
    edited February 2020

Interstate Commerce (sort of joking, sort of)

Pretty standard these days for cities to buy a one-way Greyhound ticket to elsewhere. Cali started the practice but Portland does it too.

I guess I'm at the point with this FILTH that I give absolutely NO fucks about whether it is municipal, state or federal. This shit just needs to get cleaned up. Typhus knows no delineation between jurisdictions. It's out of fucking control.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,048 Standard Supporter
    I agree. Pay the money to institutionalize the mental and make it very unpleasant for the rest. Build low cost holding pens and lock up the druggies and alcoholics. No overnight camping. No open drug use. No drunks in public. We didn't have this problem 50 years ago and we have a lell of a lot more money.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

It's not. But until states and municipalities get their shit together, they're the only ones who can put a dent in the problem. And go ahead and bill the state for the cleanup and withhold grants if they don't want to pay up.

I'll put on a fucking MAGA hat tomorrow if Trump actually uses one of his EOs for something useful and diverts funds for a no-nonsense approach to homelessness. If Inslee wants to declare a state of emergency, take him at his word and send in the NG.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Because it’s a nationwide issue?

Also, I would have assumed that all of @obk stuff would fit in 1-2 dump trucks, maybe 3 tops.

Ok. Props on a good line.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

This isn't a call for genocide - but this filth lifestyle is bullshit.

Blame it on Reagan budget cuts for gutting mental institutions if it makes you feel better but some of 'these people' (yes, I said it) shouldn't be left to their own devices. Round them the fuck up - sift through the truly mentally ill from the drug addicts and get them to proper care or rehab. Anybody who thinks allowing them to live like savages is somehow humane is off their fucking rocker.

It does make me feel better; thank you. With that outta the way, I’m all for it for those who are breaking the law. For the rest, it’s a dicey issue relative to civil liberties.

This isn't a call for genocide - but this filth lifestyle is bullshit.

Blame it on Reagan budget cuts for gutting mental institutions if it makes you feel better but some of 'these people' (yes, I said it) shouldn't be left to their own devices. Round them the fuck up - sift through the truly mentally ill from the drug addicts and get them to proper care or rehab. Anybody who thinks allowing them to live like savages is somehow humane is off their fucking rocker.

It does make me feel better; thank you. With that outta the way, I’m all for it for those who are breaking the law. For the rest, it’s a dicey issue relative to civil liberties.
    I get that civil liberties part too if you've been following my posts -but that presumption that liberty also requires responsibility....but the whole 'breaking the law thing" changes the tone of the entire conversation. We have laws on the books that are simply being ignored. Enforce them. If some need to go into mental health care, so be it. But turning them back into society to be repeat offenders because of mental illness isn't good for the individual or society in general.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    So glad this shit isn’t put up with where I live
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

I agree. Pay the money to institutionalize the mental and make it very unpleasant for the rest. Build low cost holding pens and lock up the druggies and alcoholics. No overnight camping. No open drug use. No drunks in public. We didn't have this problem 50 years ago and we have a lell of a lot more money.

But it's a complete mystery how we resolve the homeless problem overnight.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

Actually, it's not. It's a liberal state and liberal city issue.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    SFGbob said:

Actually, it's not. It's a liberal state and liberal city issue.
    Like I said, nationwide.