Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hope, Change and slow economic growth

13»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Average real GDP growth over the last 4 years under Obama 2.36%
    Average real GDP growth over the first 3 years under Trump 2.45%

Average deficit last 4 years under Obama 545 Bill
    Average deficit first 3 years under Trump 845 Bill

Now do average unemployment for Obama's 8 years in office. And why are you only listing Obama's deficit numbers for his last 4 years in office.

Btw, Trump just submitted his budget. Would you like to talk about the response of the Rats to minor reductions in the growth in spending?

Why are you not supporting Trump's budget if you're so concerned about deficit spending?
    What do you think happens to average unemployment when one takes over at 10% versus around 5%? You seriously are an idiot.
    Post your link you dumbass. I am not interested in your selection of data to make yourself look good. I posted mine and it was a highly unbiased source who clearly has a different picture than a government organization that was known for its fudging of the numbers and corruption under BO. The same department that tried to destroy whistle blowers while under BO.

Post the link dumbass or STFU.

Imagine how much of an asshole goose stepping follower you have to be to try and defend BO's 95% part time job economy.
    We've been over your "95% of the new jobs were part time" bullshit. It's not even with commenting on it's so stupid. It's not even physically possible. Shit the jobs Amazon, Microsoft, Expedia, and Boeing alone created in Seattle from 2009 on are probably more than the 5%.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Now do average unemployment for Obama's 8 years in office. And why are you only listing Obama's deficit numbers for his last 4 years in office.

Btw, Trump just submitted his budget. Would you like to talk about the response of the Rats to minor reductions in the growth in spending?

Why are you not supporting Trump's budget if you're so concerned about deficit spending?
    What do you think happens to average unemployment when one takes over at 10% versus around 5%? You seriously are an idiot.
    Post your link you dumbass. I am not interested in your selection of data to make yourself look good. I posted mine and it was a highly unbiased source who clearly has a different picture than a government organization that was known for its fudging of the numbers and corruption under BO. The same department that tried to destroy whistle blowers while under BO.

Imagine how much of an asshole goose stepping follower you have to be to try and defend BO's 95% part time job economy.
    That's interesting. I didn't realize that until now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.investing.com/news/economy/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057?ampMode=1
  • Options

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.investing.com/news/economy/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057?ampMode=1
    5% of 10 million is 500k. You seriously think only 500k of the jobs during that period are part time? Come on Mike. You can't really be that dumb can you?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Rats will deny this because they can't stand facts and the facts will hurt their chances of winning control over all of us. The Chairman of the White House Economic Advisers under BO saw the report and understood it but low lying rat goose steppers will continue to ignore the facts and falsely deny.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Rats will deny this because they can't stand facts and the facts will hurt their chances of winning control over all of us. The Chairman of the White House Economic Advisers under BO saw the report and understood it but low lying rat goose steppers will continue to ignore the facts and falsely deny.
    It doesn't even make sense. Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam

"As an economist, I tend to look at Obama through a purely economic lens.

Most modern presidents since WWII achieved fairly similar economic performance…some years better than others, some years worse - but overall performance doesn’t vary as much as many might think, especially when you look at US presidents serving eight year terms…yes, there are all sorts of upticks and downturns, but every recession triggers a recovery, and growth tends to average out to a pretty stable result. Still, as we’ll see, if a president consistently underperforms the average, the compounding effect can be quite dramatic.

Since WWII, the US economy increased by an average of about 3% per year as measured by real GDP growth rate. To me, this is a convenient scorecard to judge a president’s economic performance: Clinton, Reagan and JFK all exceeded this number, while Obama, Bush and Truman were below.

Sadly for Obama, his GDP growth performance is arguably the worst of any US peacetime president since WWII. The data reveal an average growth of about 1.9% over his eight years, although I find this number a bit unfair - his initial year reflected the policies of his predecessor, and his final year reflected the hopes of a people awaiting the next administration. If you average the remaining six years of the Obama presidency, his average real GDP growth was about 1.5%, and that indeed is the lowest performance for any US president since the Great Depression.

Overall GDP growth rate doesn’t reveal the whole story. In a growing nation, GDP will expand a certain amount just because of population growth…add people to the country, and you tend to get more economic activity. Economists therefore sometimes further qualify performance by looking at GDP growth rate per capita - and by this measure, Obama’s performance is truly dismal. In fact, Obama’s first term, at -0.5%, stands as the worst four-year result for any year period since the Great Depression. This means that the Obama economy under his first term didn’t even grow at the rate suggested by population growth. Per-capita GDP growth over Obama’s full eight year term was under 0.5%, and this also stands out as the worst result for any president in the last seventy years.

Of course, Obama’s results aren’t hard to understand - he ran an anti-business administration where high taxes, regulatory overreach and new mandates like Obamacare had a crippling impact on economic growth. As a result, Obama got anemic job growth, and many American companies saw great incentive to move jobs offshore. As has been pointed out, the labor force participation rate dropped to post-depression lows under Obama, and federal handouts such as food stamps skyrocketed.

To give Obama the benefit of the doubt, it’s as though he ran his administration on the premise that his form of social justice was more important than prosperity, and this is exactly the result he achieved.

Now, to bring it back to the real impact on the average American…

Over an eight-year term, a president hitting the average 3% growth would see the American economy grow by about 27%. Yet, Obama’s average of 1.9% means that the US economy only grew by 16% over eight years - about 11% less than the average US president achieved. When you do some math on this, this means that the true “cost” to America of the Obama presidency was about $2 trillion. That’s about $25,000 for every American family.

So that’s how I look at “what Obama did to the country”. Yes, you can critique his policies and talk about the class warfare, erosion of the rule of law, the economic dislocation, his many scandals and so on. But in concrete, practical terms, his administration cost the average US family about $25,000 compared to what we might have expected from a merely average President, and that’s enough for me to be unhappy with his performance."

Written by Valerie Rhea on Quora

bump

the Obama cock sucking here is out of hand. Back to the facts

Trump is following basic economic principals that work for America. The point of the article is to look at the whole term(s). Obama was even given the benefit of the doubt by not counting his first year since that is his big excuse

1.5 over all growth is the worst ever. If after 8 years Trump is that bad I won't lie and scheme to deny it

Lies damn lies and statistics. Americans are feeling good and positive and making more money. The left is having a meltdown

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,720
    Economy might take a hit with China on Corona melt down. Going to effect the world as a whole even if it doesn't spread everywhere.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

"As an economist, I tend to look at Obama through a purely economic lens.

Most modern presidents since WWII achieved fairly similar economic performance…some years better than others, some years worse - but overall performance doesn’t vary as much as many might think, especially when you look at US presidents serving eight year terms…yes, there are all sorts of upticks and downturns, but every recession triggers a recovery, and growth tends to average out to a pretty stable result. Still, as we’ll see, if a president consistently underperforms the average, the compounding effect can be quite dramatic.

Since WWII, the US economy increased by an average of about 3% per year as measured by real GDP growth rate. To me, this is a convenient scorecard to judge a president’s economic performance: Clinton, Reagan and JFK all exceeded this number, while Obama, Bush and Truman were below.

Sadly for Obama, his GDP growth performance is arguably the worst of any US peacetime president since WWII. The data reveal an average growth of about 1.9% over his eight years, although I find this number a bit unfair - his initial year reflected the policies of his predecessor, and his final year reflected the hopes of a people awaiting the next administration. If you average the remaining six years of the Obama presidency, his average real GDP growth was about 1.5%, and that indeed is the lowest performance for any US president since the Great Depression.

Overall GDP growth rate doesn’t reveal the whole story. In a growing nation, GDP will expand a certain amount just because of population growth…add people to the country, and you tend to get more economic activity. Economists therefore sometimes further qualify performance by looking at GDP growth rate per capita - and by this measure, Obama’s performance is truly dismal. In fact, Obama’s first term, at -0.5%, stands as the worst four-year result for any year period since the Great Depression. This means that the Obama economy under his first term didn’t even grow at the rate suggested by population growth. Per-capita GDP growth over Obama’s full eight year term was under 0.5%, and this also stands out as the worst result for any president in the last seventy years.

Of course, Obama’s results aren’t hard to understand - he ran an anti-business administration where high taxes, regulatory overreach and new mandates like Obamacare had a crippling impact on economic growth. As a result, Obama got anemic job growth, and many American companies saw great incentive to move jobs offshore. As has been pointed out, the labor force participation rate dropped to post-depression lows under Obama, and federal handouts such as food stamps skyrocketed.

To give Obama the benefit of the doubt, it’s as though he ran his administration on the premise that his form of social justice was more important than prosperity, and this is exactly the result he achieved.

Now, to bring it back to the real impact on the average American…

Over an eight-year term, a president hitting the average 3% growth would see the American economy grow by about 27%. Yet, Obama’s average of 1.9% means that the US economy only grew by 16% over eight years - about 11% less than the average US president achieved. When you do some math on this, this means that the true “cost” to America of the Obama presidency was about $2 trillion. That’s about $25,000 for every American family.

So that’s how I look at “what Obama did to the country”. Yes, you can critique his policies and talk about the class warfare, erosion of the rule of law, the economic dislocation, his many scandals and so on. But in concrete, practical terms, his administration cost the average US family about $25,000 compared to what we might have expected from a merely average President, and that’s enough for me to be unhappy with his performance."

Written by Valerie Rhea on Quora

bump

the Obama cock sucking here is out of hand. Back to the facts

Trump is following basic economic principals that work for America. The point of the article is to look at the whole term(s). Obama was even given the benefit of the doubt by not counting his first year since that is his big excuse

1.5 over all growth is the worst ever. If after 8 years Trump is that bad I won't lie and scheme to deny it

Lies damn lies and statistics. Americans are feeling good and positive and making more money. The left is having a meltdown

Obama is a muslim and an enemy of america
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Come on Mike. You can't really be that dumb can you?
    To ask that question is to answer it.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Of course that study has been completely debunked now by.....the people that wrote the damn paper but hell don't let that slow you down.

https://fortune.com/2019/01/07/gig-economy-uber-taskrabbit/

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Post your source or forever shut the fuck up.
    Some obscure organization called the dEPt of cOmmErce.
    Are you familiar with the OPCW?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    GDS said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Of course that study has been completely debunked now by.....the people that wrote the damn paper but hell don't let that slow you down.

You know what else is completely debunked?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    GDS said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Post the story. It is behind a pay wall. That is if you have actually read the thing other than the first paragraph. If you are correct that part time job growth was not the majority created during BO's reign I will acknowledge it.
  • Options

GDS said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Post the story. It is behind a pay wall. That is if you have actually read the thing other than the first paragraph. If you are correct that part time job growth was not the majority created during BO's reign I will acknowledge it.
    It sure a fuck wasn't 95%. Just the growth in jobs from the tech companies and Boeing in Seattle area would come close to covering the 500k employees.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam