Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something to watch in Nevada

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

I don't understand why Costco and or Amazon can't offer health insurance, or can they?

It makes sense that the more people paying a premium the lower the cost, just don't Obama force it on me and penalize me when I say no.

Make it good and people will buy it. What are the barriers to entry preventing this?

Obamacare is the definition of forcing one size fits all. Bernie is worse. No private insurance at all. Obama just did his best to make it unaffordable.

The group can be any group. Not the entire country. That is stupid. Obama also forced everyone to buy everything

At this point I want a high deductible catastrophic policy at a low price. That's all. No tranny surgery required
    The ACA was a colossal fuck up. Everything we were told about it was a lie. My premiums and deductible doubled. This is the first year in 12 years my premium hasn’t increased. More trump winning I suppose

Remember the lie that we were going to save so much money because people wouldn’t be using the ER for primary care? Pepperidge farm remembers. What a joke.
    Obamacare was sold by pathological liars who think we should trust them this time
    The other party line is that it's republican care and not Dem care. Somehow. That one i can't quite even wrap my head around.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

I don't understand why Costco and or Amazon can't offer health insurance, or can they?

It makes sense that the more people paying a premium the lower the cost, just don't Obama force it on me and penalize me when I say no.

Make it good and people will buy it. What are the barriers to entry preventing this?

Obamacare is the definition of forcing one size fits all. Bernie is worse. No private insurance at all. Obama just did his best to make it unaffordable.

The group can be any group. Not the entire country. That is stupid. Obama also forced everyone to buy everything

At this point I want a high deductible catastrophic policy at a low price. That's all. No tranny surgery required
    The ACA was a colossal fuck up. Everything we were told about it was a lie. My premiums and deductible doubled. This is the first year in 12 years my premium hasn’t increased. More trump winning I suppose

Remember the lie that we were going to save so much money because people wouldn’t be using the ER for primary care? Pepperidge farm remembers. What a joke.
    Obamacare was sold by pathological liars who think we should trust them this time
    The other party line is that it's republican care and not Dem care. Somehow. That one i can't quite even wrap my head around.
    Because Romney. Mr Republican. The most moral man in America and new hero of the left

Even though not one GOP voted for Obamacare

But still
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2020

My main issue with healthcare is that I don't like it being tied to employers.

What a dumb idea to shift the burden away from people and onto employers. Only helps the big companies that can afford an army of HR folk anyway and use it as a major benefit instead of just paying more.

Agreed. Instead of the company picking your Health insurance for you, you should be able to pick your own insurance. And then they contribute a known amount to it each month.

As a sales rep, mgr, or whatever, “where there is mystery, there is margin”. And that’s usually when you land your best commissions.

Both the mystery and the margin are entrenched in the concept of employer sponsored health plans.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

They do offer health care. Immediately at Amazon. Vacation as well immediately. Working at an Amazon warehouse, though fairly brutal for repetition, good chance of workplace injury, provides benefits immediately.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2020

The thing is most people are actually ok with their healthcare. Especially union workers. The vast majority are covered by their employer, Medicare, Medicaid, or the VA. There is a minority of people (like me) who have to buy it on the open market. These are typically the self employed and people who retire before 65.

I don’t think telling auto workers they get to give up their Cadillac plans and get into the government pool with the unwashed masses will go over well.

Also the “Obamacare gave health insurance to 30 million people” stat is bullshit. Most of those people qualified for Medicaid prior to the ACA and the ACA just made them get off their ass and apply. I don’t doubt doubt that it helped some, but it hurt others with increased premiums and deductibles. So I call that a wash.

People not having Healthcare is something that’s in the zeitgeist and is accepted as a massive problem, but in reality, most people are ok with their situation.

Yeah its a lie. Another lie by rats and their God BO. The facts are, millions of people lost their healthcare when BO Care went into effect. Places like Home Depot were forced to tell 25,000 part timers that they would have to go onto BO Care.

So what do lying rats do? They count those they caused to lose their insurance and then have to sign up with BO Care as enrollee's. What a group of lying heartless bastards. I know many people who could not afford BO Care after they were kicked off their private plan. Their deductibles were budget crunching as well.

This kind of backs up your point Mike.

https://americashealthcarefuture.org/new-poll-vast-majority-satisfied-with-current-health-care-coverage/

WASHINGTON – New polling out last week from Hart Research on behalf of “Get America Covered” finds that “fully 84% of insured consumers say they are satisfied with their current health insurance plan overall,” while “many uninsured individuals intend to purchase health insurance in 2020.”

These findings track closely with previous public opinion research from Gallup. As CNN reported, “82% of Democrats said the quality of health care they received was either good or excellent. A large majority, 71%, believed their health care coverage was either good or excellent. Even when it comes to health care costs, 61% of Democrats said were satisfied with what they paid in health care.” The same Gallup poll also notes that the vast majority of all Americans are satisfied with the quality of their health care – rating it ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ (80 percent) – and their level of coverage (69 percent).
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

89ute said:

Because the heritage foundation manifesto in the early 90s. It's more like conservative care.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Medicare for All is for losers with no skills. Fuck them.