Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something to watch in Nevada

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
The Culinary Union has a great healthcare package that they would lose under Berniecare. Friction already between Bernie voters and union people

For the working man

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The thing is most people are actually ok with their healthcare. Especially union workers. The vast majority are covered by their employer, Medicare, Medicaid, or the VA. There is a minority of people (like me) who have to buy it on the open market. These are typically the self employed and people who retire before 65.

I don’t think telling auto workers they get to give up their Cadillac plans and get into the government pool with the unwashed masses will go over well.

Also the “Obamacare gave health insurance to 30 million people” stat is bullshit. Most of those people qualified for Medicaid prior to the ACA and the ACA just made them get off their ass and apply. I don’t doubt doubt that it helped some, but it hurt others with increased premiums and deductibles. So I call that a wash.

People not having Healthcare is something that’s in the zeitgeist and is accepted as a massive problem, but in reality, most people are ok with their situation.

Free pub!!!

And you don't read polls well if you think people are happy with thier insurance. I know very few people who like the insurance system.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    My main issue with healthcare is that I don't like it being tied to employers.

What a dumb idea to shift the burden away from people and onto employers. Only helps the big companies that can afford an army of HR folk anyway and use it as a major benefit instead of just paying more.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a dumb idea to shift the burden away from people and onto employers. Only helps the big companies that can afford an army of HR folk anyway and use it as a major benefit instead of just paying more.

I worked for a family business for years in Seattle. They offered awesome health insurance for the whole family

I had no complaints

• Options

I worked for a family business for years in Seattle. They offered awesome health insurance for the whole family

I had no complaints

Your white privilege is showing old man
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is a layup for trump. Very simple FUD campaign swings voters to him. Bernie will have to really articulate the plan which will cause people to not like it and also move to trump. Dream scenario.
  • Options
    Honestly I have no clue if my insurance is any good. Haven't used it yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I used to buy all my healthcare through the open market to help maintain my employment mobility. Goes back to being a consultant and PM. I could accept a new job without worrying about the insurance. Now, it's a major commitment to change employers and 100% I'm not going anywhere without a generous insurance package.

God help me if I hadn't already given up consulting. In that world you are fucked buying insurance on the open market at this point. Lots of friends who are paying through the nose right now or are like Race and running cash only for care.
    Yep it's kinda dumb. Fucking Obama

I took this one because I had to close down my business and sell off the assets and figured I'd take the nearest closest thing.

Turned out pretty great but now I'm feeling like the resume is super good and I legit did a bunch of stuff so it's either equity or I GTFO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One size fits all doesn't fit. I don't think you should have to get it from your employer. I think individuals being able to buy insurance is good

Groups spread out the risk so they cost less

The market is so distorted now its FUBAR

We can do better. Get the fucking government out of it. Use tax dollars for the poor. No one left behind
  • Options

One size fits all doesn't fit. I don't think you should have to get it from your employer. I think individuals being able to buy insurance is good

No white person left behind

Ok Boomer racist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Honestly I have no clue if my insurance is any good. Haven't used it yet.

Exactly. When I had good insurance I didn't need it
  • Options

Groups spread out the risk so they cost less

The market is so distorted now its FUBAR

We can do better. Get the fucking government out of it. Use tax dollars for the poor. No one left behind

Be careful. You are describing exactly the evil that is Obamacare.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029

I had no complaints

Damn those small businesses!
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't understand why Costco and or Amazon can't offer health insurance, or can they?

It makes sense that the more people paying a premium the lower the cost, just don't Obama force it on me and penalize me when I say no.

Make it good and people will buy it. What are the barriers to entry preventing this?
  • Options

89ute said:

I don't understand why Costco and or Amazon can't offer health insurance, or can they?

It makes sense that the more people paying a premium the lower the cost, just don't Obama force it on me and penalize me when I say no.

Make it good and people will buy it. What are the barriers to entry preventing this?

Obamacare is the definition of forcing one size fits all. Bernie is worse. No private insurance at all. Obama just did his best to make it unaffordable.

The group can be any group. Not the entire country. That is stupid. Obama also forced everyone to buy everything

At this point I want a high deductible catastrophic policy at a low price. That's all. No tranny surgery required
    Those still exist. You just aren't smart enough to find them. You can even use an HSA to deduct the medical expenses you pay in cash. Thanks Obama!
  • Options

89ute said:

Obamacare is the definition of forcing one size fits all. Bernie is worse. No private insurance at all. Obama just did his best to make it unaffordable.

The group can be any group. Not the entire country. That is stupid. Obama also forced everyone to buy everything

At this point I want a high deductible catastrophic policy at a low price. That's all. No tranny surgery required
    The ACA was a colossal fuck up. Everything we were told about it was a lie. My premiums and deductible doubled. This is the first year in 12 years my premium hasn’t increased. More trump winning I suppose

Remember the lie that we were going to save so much money because people wouldn’t be using the ER for primary care? Pepperidge farm remembers. What a joke.
    The party line is that it would have tripled. Obama kept it to 2x

What about the states where all insurances dropped out you may ask?

Fuck it they were racist anyway.