Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    proof said:

Son of Mack Strong and mom (UW PhD) is an Assistant Professor at WSU.

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This guy and Kinchen in the same class is pretty insane. I think I like our walk-on DBs more than our actual signees this year...

There is a 90% chance either Kinchen or Strong will pass James Smith on the depth chart
    Are you saying you don't trust a recruit who was only able to scrounge up 56 seconds of highlight footage his senior year?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    In today’s water is wet thought ...

When you know the back half of your DB class is likely full on development, adding some additional guys that fall into that category ultimately increases the odds that the 2020 DB class is passable

There are reasons why I don’t want Myles Bryant starting on a team that I think is a National Championship contender ... but if he is the depth of that team I’m not hating life
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    Imagine being excited over a walk on. To be clear, I feel the same way on the Duck board. Is the kid even getting scholarship offers from Idaho, Montana, and Portland St.?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine being excited over a walk on. To be clear, I feel the same way on the Duck board. Is the kid even getting scholarship offers from Idaho, Montana, and Portland St.?

It's just nice to see decent players walking on. There's not much else to post about right now.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Well at least one of our walk-ons has an 'offer' from Oregon
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    proof said:

Son of Mack Strong and mom (UW PhD) is an Assistant Professor at WSU.

Thank you. I was confused as to why the fuck Mack Strong was living on Pullman.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    Tequilla said:

In today’s water is wet thought ...

When you know the back half of your DB class is likely full on development, adding some additional guys that fall into that category ultimately increases the odds that the 2020 DB class is passable

There are reasons why I don’t want Myles Bryant starting on a team that I think is a National Championship contender ... but if he is the depth of that team I’m not hating life

Dude his last 2 years were good, what are you talking about? Not his fault his DC is an idiot an decided he should cover a guy that has almost a foot on him
  • Options
    Bryant’s height will always be an issue for him ... if he was 2-3 inches taller he’d have had a ton of offers out of HS

He will also be picked 1-2 rounds later than his talent because of his height

For as much as people like to say I’m a doog, its kinda funny to me to have people act like doogs in telling me how I’m wrong
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Bryant’s height will always be an issue for him ... if he was 2-3 inches taller he’d have had a ton of offers out of HS

He will also be picked 1-2 rounds later than his talent because of his height

For as much as people like to say I’m a doog, its kinda funny to me to have people act like doogs in telling me how I’m wrong

If he was taller/big yes he would have been better and get drafted earlier... awesome hot take...

Bryant, even with his height, was very good and would fit right in on a championship CFB defense as long as he isnt asked to play Safety/Striker/OLB like he was for UW because the LBs sucked.

He was a very good slot/nickel corner that was well above average in edge/run support.
    Which all works well until a team moves a bigger WR target against Bryant and isolates the mismatch

I get that the UW offense hasn’t necessarily shown a great ability to identify and exploit mismatches as of recent years, but that is what elite offenses do
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This guy and Kinchen in the same class is pretty insane. I think I like our walk-on DBs more than our actual signees this year...

Still a shot with Meki Pei too.
    Biggins and Angulo just submitted CB's for UW